• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What new daul type pokemon would you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

--Pokemon--

Ice/rock would be cool, aswell as fire/dragon and dark/fighting, hmm... I can't think of any more.

Z

ZadokRox

A Fire/Electric would be interesting, though it would be interesting to see how this sort of Pokemon would look like.

I would also like to see a Ground/Fighting type (it could look like a mudman), a Grass/Electric type (it could lure it's prey with a glowing plant bulb then stun it with Thunder Wave), and a Bug/Electric type (a glow worm would be ideal).

JazzJazz

ZadokRox said:
A Fire/Electric would be interesting, though it would be interesting to see how this sort of Pokemon would look like.

If you consider how some of the current pokemon look (i.e. many look as their they're not "suited" to their specific type/types), then there's no telling how any new combination will appear.

Last edited:

-Koumori-

ZadokRox said:

I would also like to see a Ground/Fighting type (it could look like a mudman), a Grass/Electric type (it could lure it's prey with a glowing plant bulb then stun it with Thunder Wave), and a Bug/Electric type (a glow worm would be ideal).
I think those ideas are pretty interesting - and since I love Fire-types, the more the merrier XD
JazzJazz said:
If you consider how some of the current type combinations look (i.e. sudowoodo), then there's no telling how any new combination will appear.
I'm assuming that I misunderstood what you meant by 'type combinations', since Sudowoodo isn't a dual-type Pokemon. If you don't mind, could you clear that up for me? ^_^;

A

Alakazam

Um, there are several types I'd like to see. Light seems obvious, to compliment Dark types. Energy types would also be cool, in addition to the highly flexible rubber type:D

-Koumori-

Alakazam said:
Um, there are several types I'd like to see. Light seems obvious, to compliment Dark types. Energy types would also be cool, in addition to the highly flexible rubber type:D
...*Opens a dusty box and pulls out his lead-coated newspaper of smiting.* BAD ALAKAZAM! *SMACK! CLOBBER! BANG!* >_> Sit in the corner and THINK about what you've done! I think the idea now is to post existing types in combination with one another. Not that gibber gabber.

JazzJazz

-Koumori- said:
I'm assuming that I misunderstood what you meant by 'type combinations', since Sudowoodo isn't a dual-type Pokemon. If you don't mind, could you clear that up for me? ^_^;

Oops... sorry. Even so, the appearance of certain pokemon doesn't always "match" their type.

Z

ZadokRox

How about a Rock/Fighting type, if that hasn't been mentioned yet?

Also a Flying/Fighting-type. It could be like a game chicken, so not only can it learn Fighting and Flying type moves, the female can learn Egg Bomb and Softboiled and the male can learn Hyper Voice.

E

Ethereal

Exel 4.0 said:
It's already been confirmed that there will be no triple type moves.
Who said that? It was only confirmed that there would be no new types. Way to not know what you're talking about. *hi5*

C

charger170

Dragon/steel would be unstoppable!!

It would have 4x the resistance to attacks like water and grass. Steels weakness to fire would be cancled by fire <3

And then it needs to have levitate like Flygon so no ground attacks...

And flying type attacks so fighting types cant touch it.....

MY GOD!!!!!!!!

Exel 4.0

Banned
water/steel
dark/steel
dragon/steel
fire/steel
ghost/steel
fight/steel (rukario)
normal/steel
grass/steel
ice/steel
electric/steel
poison/steel

that should leave my options open for a while

-Koumori-

charger170 said:
Dragon/steel would be unstoppable!!

It would have 4x the resistance to attacks like water and grass. Steels weakness to fire would be cancled by fire <3

And then it needs to have levitate like Flygon so no ground attacks...

And flying type attacks so fighting types cant touch it.....

MY GOD!!!!!!!!
Not to mention the fact that Ice would have virtually no effect anymore. I can't see that one happening unless it's Legendary. And ridiculously over used.

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
-Koumori- said:
Not to mention the fact that Ice would have virtually no effect anymore. I can't see that one happening unless it's Legendary. And ridiculously over used.

Quick fix: Give it a really really crappy movepool.

Eszett

one love
Yeah, but they wouldn't give a fully evolved dragon bad stats.

I think that such an idea is best left as being strictly designed for uber battles (although even with stats fit for OU, I could see that simply being designated as an uber thanks to its typing). In that case, I hope its severity is downplayed by Lucario's STAB Fighting moves, which should be able to make mincemeat of it.

Banned
maybe a new idea is dual the same time like ice/ice, so u get doulbe weakness and doulbe resistance to the types respectively

its a high risk high reaward kind of effect.... any thoughts?

Eszett

one love
I think that is how single-type Pokemon were hard-coded into the game in R/B/Y. I'm not sure about now, but I would imagine it to be the same way.

But even so that's a bad idea. You can't accentuate a single typing any more, it's a pure type no matter if it has a single typing or a dual typing. If you're a pure single Ice type, you can't accentuate your iciness any more with another Ice typing, it'd just be more of the same thing (which is probably why the developers originally coded single-types as two of the same type). Therefore, your idea is redundant, but moreover it's just plain silly. :)

Jason Park

The Steel Master
Psychic and Dark would be pretty cool...

or how about Fighting and Dragon? (super attack power, exceeding Dragonite)

Status
Not open for further replies.