• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What new daul type pokemon would you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ethereal

1337 said:
maybe a new idea is dual the same time like ice/ice, so u get doulbe weakness and doulbe resistance to the types respectively

its a high risk high reaward kind of effect.... any thoughts?
OK, I've heard my fair share of stupid ideas in my lifetime....But, wtf? Seriously. What the feck?

Lol. Sableye.

Fatal

Banned
That is pretty freakin stupid! If anything, Nintendo would work on making new types before they made dual-type Pokemon with two of the same type. I mean seriously- could you imagine what their summaries would look like?

Name: Ghostylox

Type 1: Ghost l Type 2: Ghost

In other words- A ghost ghost!

Come on people!

Last edited:
H

Hukuzo

A steel/dragon or dragon/steel would be godly. It would be immune to poison. Resistant to electricity, water, grass, dark, psychic, bug, rock, normal, and ghost (I think that's right). Finally, its only weakness would be fighting. I just hope it's a cool poke.

Zee-V70

Hukuzo said:
A steel/dragon or dragon/steel would be godly. It would be immune to poison. Resistant to electricity, water, grass, dark, psychic, bug, rock, normal, and ghost (I think that's right). Finally, its only weakness would be fighting. I just hope it's a cool poke.
Well, actually, it would be weak to ground, too. Also, I think it would be neat to have an Electric/Dragon and a Fire/Dragon.

-Koumori-

1337 said:
maybe a new idea is dual the same time like ice/ice, so u get doulbe weakness and doulbe resistance to the types respectively

You sure know how to give a good laugh XD

*Wipes a tear away from his eye* Oh, you were serious weren't you? ...Well then. Give me a while to find a nice blunt object to beat you with.

S

Skitt3n

I would like to see more usuable type combos. Pokemon that have two types that both run off the same attack stat, & are actually strong in that area. For example, the ice/dark pairing has great potential (death to just about everything, to be precise!), but is utterly wasted on Sneasel.

I'd like to see just about any pairing of special attack types that you could think of, since I love my special sweepers. In particular;
psychic + fire/electric/water/dragon
fire + water/grass/electric/dragon/ice
electric + grass/dragon/ice
dragon + ice/grass/water*

*Maybe an extra type for Milotic? Never understood why that thing isn't a dragon.

Fire/grass could work. If you've ever played FFX, I'm sure you'll remember Fungaurs, annoying little mushroom like critters that could breathe fire.

A ghost/ground type would be fun too. STAB'd earthquake + shadowball!

H

Hukuzo

Pichu lover! said:
Well, actually, it would be weak to ground, too. Also, I think it would be neat to have an Electric/Dragon and a Fire/Dragon.

Oh, that's right. I always forget about ground. It wouldn't be weak to ground attacks if it had levitate.
I agree, some elemental dragons would rock.

JazzJazz

Hukuzo said:

Why do people try to constantly think of new type combinations in order to limit weaknesses? Overcoming a weakness is a key element to the strategy and challenge of the Pokemon games, why take it away?

H

Hukuzo

JazzJazz said:
Why do people try to constantly think of new type combinations in order to limit weaknesses? Overcoming a weakness is a key element to the strategy and challenge of the Pokemon games, why take it away?
You're completely right. Actually, I meant it would be cool if there was a big metal dragon poke and how cool it would be to fight something so strong. If it was up to me, I'd make the games several times harder.

Praetor

Psephophthalmus artu
bug/psychic
dark/psychic
electric/bug
anything with poison, and poison needs to be pumped up a bunch more its week to like everything while stuff is like resistant to it, other than grass

and definitely harder, much harder lie have the gym leaders all on the same level and the elite 4(barely alive 5) would live up to there name and become elite and everyone would be adaptive to u

Electabuzz

Normal Coordinator
1337 said:

While many people are trashing this idea, I for one think it could potentiall work. Maybe not as Type 1: Ice and Type 2: Ice, but some other way. I saw this way back on "Venstor's Fakemon". He had invented a new thing called a Double Pure. I dunno, although unlikely, it could work.

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
-Koumori- said:
You sure know how to give a good laugh XD

*Wipes a tear away from his eye* Oh, you were serious weren't you? ...Well then. Give me a while to find a nice blunt object to beat you with.

-Koumori- for President! ;_;

Why Volbeat and Illumise weren't half Electric is beyond me. It just seems so obvious. We need a new, better firefly Pokemon. Also, many of the cool type combos that included Bug were wasted when the Pokemon evolved, such as Surskit.

Tropical Spirit

YAY! Original>You =3
Wolf Goddess said:
Why Volbeat and Illumise weren't half Electric is beyond me. It just seems so obvious. We need a new, better firefly Pokemon. Also, many of the cool type combos that included Bug were wasted when the Pokemon evolved, such as Surskit.
Agree'd.

I would like to see Grass/Ghost, Grass/Ice, Grass/Ground, Ice/Ghost, Rock/Ghost, Poison/Electric, Electric/Psychic, Grass/Dragon (Tropius... ;^; ) Dragon/Fire (I just don't know WHY we STILL don't have one) Bug/Psychic and Flying/Fighting.

...Why Muk isn't Poison/Ground is also another mystery to me. It's supposed to be sludge, isn't it?

Last edited:

JazzJazz

Wolf Goddess said:
Why Volbeat and Illumise weren't half Electric is beyond me. It just seems so obvious.

Sure, they look like they could be electric-types, but they can only learn electric-type moves through TM's... and most of those can be used on any number of other non-electric pokemon. Perhaps if they were given different abilities and actually learned some electric-type moves they'd be better suited to being part-electric, but not as they are.

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
JazzJazz said:
Sure, they look like they could be electric-types, but they can only learn electric-type moves through TM's... and most of those can be used on any number of other non-electric pokemon. Perhaps if they were given different abilities and actually learned some electric-type moves they'd be better suited to being part-electric, but not as they are.

...if they had been made half Electric in the first place, they probably would have been given more Electric attacks.

Tropius Master said:
I would like to see Grass/Ghost, Grass/Ice, Grass/Ground, Ice/Ghost, Rock/Ghost, Poison/Electric, Electric/Psychic, Grass/Dragon (Tropius... ;^; ) Dragon/Fire (I just don't know WHY we STILL don't have one) Bug/Psychic and Flying/Fighting.

The Dragon/Fire one seems so odd. I mean, what are dragons usually associated with anyway?

Tropius Master said:
...Why Muk wasn't Poison/Ground is also another mystery to me. It's supposed to be sludge, isn't it?

Good point.

Exel 4.0

Banned
EDIT: sorry, my mistake on the whole eszett mod thing, I thought only mods could make stickys, and I didn't know that their names were italisized.

But the point is that logic states that triple types wont (or shouldn't) exist in any fourth generation games.

Last edited:

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
Exel 4.0 said:
Since he's a mod, I'm supposing that he has reliable sources. Do you do any research after [trying] to make people look dumb.

Eszett's not a mod. Also, his guide is based on logic, not things we know.

Banned
i meant like regice how it is such pure ice bodied, it is more ice like than say a jynx or a lapras as its the embodiemnet of ice, type is about defense mainly (and a bit about attack cos of stab) but manly it means how u take damage from other types

some pokes of one type are going to be more resistant to certain elements rhan others, arent they? even within one tpe

Status
Not open for further replies.