• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What new Elemental Stones would you like to see in Galar?

Kangaflora

I haven't seen any threads about the use of Elemental Stones in this section, and there are bound to be at least 1 Pokémon that requires the use of an Elemental Stone in order to evolve.

If you guys were to introduce a new Elemental Stone or two, and change the evolution for some of the old Pokémon, what Elemental Stones would you introduce?

Me? I would introduce the following:
  • Psychic Stone: To evolve the following Pokémon:
  • Pikachu into Alolan Raichu
  • Poliwhirl into Politoed
  • Kadabra into Alakazam
  • Slowpoke into Slowking
  • Cubone into Alolan Marowak
  • Eevee into Espeon

Draco Stone: To evolve the following Pokémon:
  • Exeggcute into Alolan Exeggutor
  • Seadra into Kingdra

Coronet Stone: To evolve the following Pokémon:
  • Magneton into Magnezone
  • Nosepass into Probopass
  • Charjabug into Vikavolt

Those are the three Elemental Stones that I would like to see introduced in Galar.

Orphalesion

I'd like to see the Poison Stone from the Gold and Silver Beta.
One Pokemon I'd like to see from that would be a Pure Poison typed split evo for Weepinbell, to mirror Bellossom.

And fairy fanatic I am I wouldn't mind a "Carbuncle Stone" that focuses on Fairy typed evolutions.

Aside from that I'd like to see the current elemental stones expanded. Particularly the Fire, Thunder and Ice stones could use some love.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I haven't seen any threads about the use of Elemental Stones in this section, and there are bound to be at least 1 Pokémon that requires the use of an Elemental Stone in order to evolve.

If you guys were to introduce a new Elemental Stone or two, and change the evolution for some of the old Pokémon, what Elemental Stones would you introduce?

• Pikachu into Alolan Raichu
  • Kadabra into Alakazam
  • Slowpoke into Slowking
  • Eevee into Espeon

Draco Stone: To evolve the following Pokémon:
  • Exeggcute into Alolan Exeggutor
  • Seadra into Kingdra

Coronet Stone: To evolve the following Pokémon:
  • Magneton into Magnezone
  • Nosepass into Probopass
  • Charjabug into Vikavolt

Those are the three Elemental Stones that I would like to see introduced in Galar.
Espeon and Umbreon should use the Sun and Moon Stones respectively, like the shards in Pokémon XD. And...they're never gonna change trade evolutions, especially now that they're easy to access.

KKS-Lapras

They're never gonna change trade evolutions, especially now that they're easy to access.

I disagree with you. Trade evolution has been from the very beginning of the franchise something I have thought was completely contrary to one of the core principles of the game. You put in the work, there's nothing that stops you and your Pokemon from obtaining higher levels of power and progress on your own, due to the bond you share and the work you put in. Trade evolution is the one method of evolution that spits in the face of that belief. You have to, albeit temporarily, give up control of the Pokemon you caught, raised, befriended, trained, bonded with, etc. There's also the risk, however small it might be seeing as most people trade with trust worthy friends, but even the smallest chance that the person you traded with decides they don't want to trade back. I'm sorry, but that is something that is so blatantly stupid. I get that it was especially in early generations supposed to promote playing and "working" with friends, but now more then ever, there's plenty of other ways to promote that. They can take their "trade evolution" and shove it as far as I'm concerned. Give all the "trade evolution" another way to evolve, for pete's sake.

firepanda

I'm pretty happy with the selection of stones we have.

Though like many here, I'd like to get rid of trade evolutions. (They frustrated me so much as a kid.) A 'trade stone' could be one way to do it, or why not just have an NPC in-game who is always willing to trade back?

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Though like many here, I'd like to get rid of trade evolutions. (They frustrated me so much as a kid.) A 'trade stone' could be one way to do it, or why not just have an NPC in-game who is always willing to trade back?
Yes, trade evolutions irritate me like no other. I'm all for having unique evolution methods, but give us an NPC who trades back if they want to keep the trade element. If not, give us special stones.

Creyk

I'd like a candy stone that gives pokemon the new, candy type (gives them a pink-ish color and bubbles appear on their design). It would make the pokemon resist ice, be weak to fire and be able to learn candy-type TM's.

Acer11

I'd like to see the Poison Stone from the Gold and Silver Beta.
One Pokemon I'd like to see from that would be a Pure Poison typed split evo for Weepinbell, to mirror Bellossom.

And fairy fanatic I am I wouldn't mind a "Carbuncle Stone" that focuses on Fairy typed evolutions.

Aside from that I'd like to see the current elemental stones expanded. Particularly the Fire, Thunder and Ice stones could use some love.
The Carbuncle stone sounds more like a hypothetical thing related to Carbink and Diancie even though the two are unrelated.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I disagree with you. Trade evolution has been from the very beginning of the franchise something I have thought was completely contrary to one of the core principles of the game. You put in the work, there's nothing that stops you and your Pokemon from obtaining higher levels of power and progress on your own, due to the bond you share and the work you put in. Trade evolution is the one method of evolution that spits in the face of that belief. You have to, albeit temporarily, give up control of the Pokemon you caught, raised, befriended, trained, bonded with, etc. There's also the risk, however small it might be seeing as most people trade with trust worthy friends, but even the smallest chance that the person you traded with decides they don't want to trade back. I'm sorry, but that is something that is so blatantly stupid. I get that it was especially in early generations supposed to promote playing and "working" with friends, but now more then ever, there's plenty of other ways to promote that. They can take their "trade evolution" and shove it as far as I'm concerned. Give all the "trade evolution" another way to evolve, for pete's sake.
You're clearly coming from a Western viewpoint. It's not going to happen, ever. Trading is supposed to be one of the main focuses of the game and the Japanese fanbase as far as I'm aware mostly loves the trading aspect.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Trade evolutions are fine considering trading in general is literally one of the main aspects of the franchise itself. Karrablast and Shelmet’s whole thing/lore itself is that their evolution process is caused by being traded with one another (where Karrablast takes the armor of Shelmet and thus making the latter much faster). How would you change that without going against their whole shtick? Nothing wrong at all!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Honestly, I'd much rather Game Freak focus on whittling down the two dozen or so evolution methods before introducing new ones.

Sadly, that'll never happen.

Why would a Psychic Stone work on these?

• Eevee into Espeon
Why not the Sun Stone? You know, like it should be? And for that matter, make it so Umbreon is obtained via the Moon Stone, Leafeon with the Leaf Stone, Glaceon with the Ice Stone, and Sylveon with the Shiny Stone.

It's so obnoxious that we have all these unnecessary evolution methods that only apply to an incredibly small number of Pokemon.

Like why does Inkay need to have the 3DS turned upside down when Poipole evolves by learning a move? It's dumb.

geebraprint

I am wondering when they'll do housecleaning with the evolution items. Pokémon Go (yes I know it's a side game spin-off) made all the gen 4 items one "Sinnoh Stone", after the gen 2 evolution items cluttered up the inventory too much as it was. That was a little drastic and oversimplified, but I'm not opposed to a smaller scale version of that happening in the main games.

I am totally fine with the items that are used for many Pokémon, but some items are only for one species and that is a little tiresome nowadays.

Gen82

Well I would like a Fairy Stone. It would evolve Eevee into Sylveon as well as evolve some old pokemon into new fairy evolutions. For example it could evolve Pikachu into Gorochu, an electric fairy pokemon.

Orphalesion

In my experience Serebii.net is a good source of people to trade with for evolutions.

However, the problem with trade evolutions....what if you want to replay an old game years after , when it's less commonly played and you want a trade evolution?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If Inkay needs a new evolution method, it should have to learn topsy turvy and reach a certain level. I enjoy the Pokémon move based evolutions but would welcome stones of all types too. I always thought they should make evolution stones able to by pass all other evolution methods aside from leveling up.

Please forgive my ignorance, but does the Switch have an internal gyroscope? If not, Inkay needs a new way to evolve.

It does. Now, in my experience it seems to be a bit more sensitive than the 3DS, which could possibly be somewhat annoying.

As for the trade issue, I solved that a long time ago. I get both games and 2 systems so I can trade with myself whenever I want. I realize that's not a very viable option for everyone; just thought I'd mention it as my personal solution.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Personally I'd rather see the existing elemental stones get more targets. The original trio of stones haven't had a new target since the fifth generation.