• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What new Elemental Stones would you like to see in Galar?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
What are you talking about? Kalos is France, Galar is the UK, they are neighbors. Look at a map of Europe. None of the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh are Japan, and a far from Galar and Kalos. Unova is New York City, again not close to Galar and Kalos. Alola is Hawai, also not close to Galar and Kalos.
Real life geography has no meaning in the Pokemon world. They literally tilted Kyushu 90 degrees to create Hoenn, Alola is only 4 islands instead of 8, and they put the UK upside down to create Galar. Galar might be on the opposite side of the Pokemon world from Kalos.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I second Orphalesion’s post. Poison Stone with 4 evolutions would be swell. Ariados, Arbok, Qwilfish and Garbador come to mind. Maybe even Weezing into the often fan requested Choking.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'd like to see some new Ice-Type Pokemon that can evolve from an Ice Stone.
Yeah. So far, the Ice Stone only evolves the Alolan Variants of Sandshrew and Vulpix. I want to see more Pokemon use it to evolve.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Introduce the Poison Stones they planned in the GS Demo

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I personally think we have enough elemental stones now. But I do think a couple need to be able to evolve more Pokémon. I’m of course talking about the Dawn Stone which only works on two Pokémon if they are the right gender and Ice Stone which does still have a lot of potential. Every other Stone has at least three Pokémon they could be used to evolve.

Missingno.Fan

I don’t know if this is the right thread or if this has been mentioned yet, but how is Rockruff and Cosmoem going to evolve?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I don’t know if this is the right thread or if this has been mentioned yet, but how is Rockruff and Cosmoem going to evolve?
They should be able to keep their evolving mechanics in Sword and Shield. Day/Sunset/Night and trade evolutions don't seem like a thing they would really change.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I wouldn't mind a few more evolution stones but I'd wish we get more Pokemon that evolves through stones. At least one new evolution line for each and every stone for each generation.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think we could get a stone that evolves certain Fairy-types even though that probably should have happened in Gen VI when Fairy Pokemon were first introduced. The imp Pokemon is half Fairy-type I believe, so it could potentially evolve via this stone.

Hanto

Water Addiction
I disagree with you. Trade evolution has been from the very beginning of the franchise something I have thought was completely contrary to one of the core principles of the game. You put in the work, there's nothing that stops you and your Pokemon from obtaining higher levels of power and progress on your own, due to the bond you share and the work you put in. Trade evolution is the one method of evolution that spits in the face of that belief. You have to, albeit temporarily, give up control of the Pokemon you caught, raised, befriended, trained, bonded with, etc. There's also the risk, however small it might be seeing as most people trade with trust worthy friends, but even the smallest chance that the person you traded with decides they don't want to trade back. I'm sorry, but that is something that is so blatantly stupid. I get that it was especially in early generations supposed to promote playing and "working" with friends, but now more then ever, there's plenty of other ways to promote that. They can take their "trade evolution" and shove it as far as I'm concerned. Give all the "trade evolution" another way to evolve, for pete's sake.
I just wanna an option to trade Pokemon to evolve with NPCs and then get them back. Maybe some sort of special location called Trading Park where you can do it.