• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What new type combinations would you like to see in Gen8

DSDark

Breeder
The following image is one I found on reddit. The image outlines of the type combination that have yet to be used or have only been used by megas or legendaries.

36bo3ccee3o11.jpg

Which unused type combinations would you like to see in gen 8 and what species of pokemon would they be?

Personally I'd like to see a dark/fairy goblin

Airin_

or Bunnie
I definitely want to see Psychic/Dragon, Dragon/Fairy, Fire/Fairy and Dark/Fairy, the most.

Last edited:

Luthor

Personally i'm hoping for a Bug/Dragon type. Could base it on Dragonflies.

Also I'd like a Fairy/Fighting type mostly on the grounds on encouraging more physical fairy type moves.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Fairy Ground, Fairy Fire and Fairy Dragon.
Definitely looking forward to more Fairy type combinations. Even though Dragon/Fairy was used for a Mega, I still wish more Pokémon could have had access to it.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'm gonna throw out 2 types that aren't on that list but I feel really should be.

Grass/Dragon and Grass/Electric.

Sure both are found on non-legendary/non-mega Pokemon. But the first is found on a Mega and a Regional form, of the final stage of the line. For both it's like a random accessory they are wearing. Sure they have maybe an attack or 2 of that added Dragon type.... but it's not really that new. And nothing they truly own.

The relative same could be said about the sole Grass/Electric type, Rotom. It changes from Electric/Ghost to Electric/Grass. And while Pokemon favorite electric lawn mower is my favorite Rotom form..... It's also just so barely /Grass type. It gets 1 Grass move if you choose to let it learn it when it form changes.

So yeah I want Grass/Dragon and Grass/Electric. Ideally those types from the get go, but if not make sure they are learning moves of both types and feel like they are actually both types.

Zaide

IMO, it's time for another non-dragon pseudo (only got metagross and tyrannitar :|), and I'd like it to use one of the unused type combination. Rock/ghost would be pretty fitting for a pseudo IMO.
Out of the unused combinations I'd like to see Electric/Fighting and Dark/Fairy.
Imagine being whoever designed Zeraora at GameFreak, and thinking "hey, that Pokémon would make a perfect PURE electric type!"

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Imagine being whoever designed Zeraora at GameFreak, and thinking "hey, that Pokémon would make a perfect PURE electric type!"
Imagine being the person that designed Zeraora and being told tolime and time and time again, no we don't care what your intent was we think it should be different, therefore you were wrong.

That said I'd love to see both Ground/Fighting and Electric/Fighting.

Orphalesion

Dragon/Fairy (temporary form changes don't count) Fairy/Fighting, Fairy/Fire, Fairy/Dark
As for what pokemon could represent them: A Jewel-Based Dragon for Dragon/Fairy (something like Smaug that has jewels embedded into its skin) Satyr for Fairy/Fighting (playful, mischievous, deceptively dangerous) a winged fire sprite for Fire/Fairy and, uh, I guess a Banshee for Fairy/Dark (could be similar to Absol lore-wise. Comes to warn people of a future crisis and is blamed for it)

Also Grass/Fire and Grass/Dragon.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Fire/Grass, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Dark, and Bug/Dragon are my picks. Fire/Grass is something that you really think should've happened by now, Electric is my favorite type and I'd love to see more of them, and Bug/Dragon is just an interesting combination and it'd be interesting to see how they handle it.

DSDark

Breeder
Fire/Grass, Electric/Fighting, Electric/Dark, and Bug/Dragon are my picks. Fire/Grass is something that you really think should've happened by now, Electric is my favorite type and I'd love to see more of them, and Bug/Dragon is just an interesting combination and it'd be interesting to see how they handle it.

Grass/Fire and Ice/Fire have always been interesting to me. Since we have Chinchou and Lanturn (water/electric) I feel like we should have had another example of opposite types working together.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Poison/ fairy might be an option...

Maybe based off of a mythical creature known for spreading disease... would be pretty cool to see.