• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What new type combinations would you like to see in Gen8

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Ground/Fairy: A living labyrinth snake made of stone that lives in the desert. It tricks people into entering it. If they earn its respect, it'll let them out. This is something I REALLY want.
Electric/Dark: This should have been Luxray but alas.
Electric/Poison: I like the anemone idea above. Or perhaps some sort of energy creature?
Normal/Ghost: This has been wanted for a long time.
Normal/Rock: Perhaps one of the fossils?
Poison/Psychic: An interesting combo.
Psychic/Bug: I like the Moonlit Butterfly idea from the other page.
Ice/Bug: A beautiful, crystalline bug that resembles a snowflake.
Bug/Dragon: This sounds awesome!
Bug/Dark: There are plenty of insects that come out at night and are brutal.
Poison/Steel: I'd like to see what they could come up with.
Rock/Ghost: A living marble pillar from an ancient age.

Type Combos only found on Legendaries/Megas:
Dragon/Fairy: A beautiful jeweled dragon.
Dragon/Electric: Sounds cool.
Psychic/Dragon: Has been done plenty of times on Legendaries, can we have a regular Pokemon with this type combo please?
A mono Flying: Please. Please.

Last edited:

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
The fact that we haven't had a Ground/Fighting type in 7 generations is criminal.

Ok, so I'm being a bit melodramatic, but it makes sense for a Pokemon to be based around MMA/Wrestling/Ground-grappling to have this typing. The only issue is 4x weakness to Flying.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The fact that we haven't had a Ground/Fighting type in 7 generations is criminal.

Ok, so I'm being a bit melodramatic, but it makes sense for a Pokemon to be based around MMA/Wrestling/Ground-grappling to have this typing. The only issue is 4x weakness to Flying.
x4 weakness to Flying? Ground isn’t weak to Flying. It takes neutral damage. Flying is just immune to Ground attacks under normal conditions. The only Ground type move that can do normal damage to Flying is Thousand Arrows. Sand Attack is the only status Ground type move that works on Flying Pokémon.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
x4 weakness to Flying? Ground isn’t weak to Flying. It takes neutral damage. Flying is just immune to Ground attacks under normal conditions. The only Ground type move that can do normal damage to Flying is Thousand Arrows. Sand Attack is the only status Ground type move that works on Flying Pokémon.

Oops. Thanks for that :p

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
A Ground/Fighting is definitely needed. What animal/object would be good? Ideas?

Acer11

Ground/Fairy: A living labyrinth snake made of stone that lives in the desert. It tricks people into entering it. If they earn its respect, it'll let them out. This is something I REALLY want.
Electric/Poison: I like the anemone idea above. Or perhaps some sort of energy creature?
Bug/Dark: There are plenty of insects that come out a night and are brutal.

Psychic/Dragon: Has been done plenty of times on Legendaries, can we have a regular Pokemon with this type combo please?
For Poison/Psychic, I imagined a slime/gelatin combo Pokemon

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
A slime would definitely work. To make it different from Grimer/Muk, it could be acid green.

Acer11

Bug/Dark: There are plenty of insects that come out a night and are brutal.

For Poison/Steel, I was thinking of a Garbage Can

paipr_christian

grass type fan.

Watch that and tell me we shouldn't have a Fighting/Electric chi/ki/qui Pokemon battling with various special Fighting attacks and Electric attacks.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
That would be amazing! It has to learn Close Combat, Drain Punch, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast and... Thunder Punch at the very least.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
That would be amazing! It has to learn Close Combat, Drain Punch, Aura Sphere, Focus Blast and... Thunder Punch at the very least.

Ideally a special attacker. So Vaccume Wave, Aura Spbere, Focus Blast. Then Thunder Shock, Discharge, Charge Beam.

I could also see it getting a new Special electric attack relating to Plasma.... Plasma Burst or something.

And maybe a new Special Fighting move about Chi..... Chi Barrage.

DSDark

Breeder
Ideally a special attacker. So Vaccume Wave, Aura Spbere, Focus Blast. Then Thunder Shock, Discharge, Charge Beam.

I could also see it getting a new Special electric attack relating to Plasma.... Plasma Burst or something.

And maybe a new Special Fighting move about Chi..... Chi Barrage.

So Lucario combined with a special verison of zeraora

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
So Lucario combined with a special verison of zeraora

I mean... I guess you could look at it that way.

I'd like to see this one used more as a special attacker than Lucario often is. Like really focus on how it doesn't use physical power as much as chi energy to battle. Possibly give it one of the lowest physical attack stats of a fully evolved fighting type in the process.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Poison/Steel I’d to see something based on mercury. Something different than Meltan and Melmetal and more of a blob shape like Ditto.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Like really focus on how it doesn't use physical power as much as chi energy to battle. Possibly give it one of the lowest physical attack stats of a fully evolved fighting type in the process.
I would love to see that! It would really turn the stereotype of Fighting = Physical Attacks on its head!

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Dark/Fairy
Fire/Fairy
Fighting/Fairy
Dragon/Fairy (That's not Mega Altaria)
Ground/Fairy

Really more unique type combinations with Fairy.

I'd like to see more too, and see some barely used ones used more.

Fun little random fact/thing I noticed. Of the 3 Grass/Fairy lines none have flowers as a motif...... Yet two of the pure Fairy lines have flowers as a major part of thier design.