• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What new type combinations would you like to see in Gen8

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think I would like a grass/rock and an ice/fairy pokemon.
Both have been done already. Lileep and Cradiliy are Rock/Grass and Alolan Ninetales is Ice/Fairy.

Dicklaycia

Objectively Better Than You
Either Ice/Fire, Grass/Fire, Normal/Ghost, or Poison/Psychic. I love the type combinations that appear to contradict one another at first glance. That contradictory nature definitely creates some interesting interactions in regards to the type chart and would shake things up a bit.

MockingJ

Banned
I'd want a Poison/Psychic type. I know that both types sort of seem like opposites, but I keep envisioning some kind of venomous serpent Pokemon with hypnotic powers whenever I imagine a Poison/Psychic type.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'd want a Poison/Psychic type. I know that both types sort of seem like opposites, but I keep envisioning some kind of venomous serpent Pokemon with hypnotic powers whenever I imagine a Poison/Psychic type.
I’ve always wanted an Arbok Evolution with this typing using the same idea of using hypnotic powers. My Fakemon was called Aob to keep with the naming scheme of the line.

Red and Blue

Still need Electric/Fighting, Grass/Fire, Bug/Dragon, and Bug/Dark next gen

Then Electric, Dragon, Grass, and Dark can join Water and Flying as being paired with each type at least once. Those four are just one type away

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Still need Elecrric/Fighting, Grass/Fire, Bug/Dragon, and Bug/Dark next gen

Then Electric, Dragon, Grass, and Dark can join Water and Flying as being paired with each type at least once. Those four are just one type away
Technically, due to the removal of Megas Dragon/Fairy was put back on the unused list.

Orphalesion

I don't consider crappy, temporary form changes as any sort of sufficient representation of a type combination.

There is no Pokemon that is permanently Fairy/Dragon.

Red and Blue

They might never bring Megas back until the Kalos remakes, and by that point we might have an actual Dragon/Fairy.
They could definitely bring back megas before Kalos remakes. Especially if there is no new gimmick for Gen 9.

Just remembered Psychic/Poison needs to happen for Psychic to be paired with each type

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They could definitely bring back megas before Kalos remakes. Especially if there is no new gimmick for Gen 9.

Just remembered Psychic/Poison needs to happen for Psychic to be paired with each type
I think that Gen 9 will have a new gimmick, most likely anyways.