• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What new type combinations would you like to see in Gen8

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Ice/Fairy and Dragon/Fairy that are not either Alolan or Mega, as well as Dark/Fairy.

I wouldn't say no to a pseudo-Legendary that is part of a Ghost-type, perhaps combined with Dragon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Ice/Fairy and Dragon/Fairy that are not either Alolan or Mega, as well as Dark/Fairy.

I wouldn't say no to a pseudo-Legendary that is part of a Ghost-type, perhaps combined with Dragon.

Def agree with lots of forms/M.evos getting used as regular lines.

Ice/Fairy could be used maybe a snow hair? Maybe it uses it's long feet like skies to go quickly down snowy mountain sides.

For Dragon/Fairy what if we had a unique pine that starts off more dragon like and evolves to a Fairy/Dragon taking on a smaller more fairy like appearance.

And yeah a Ghost/Dragon psuedo could be great, a lizard with a skeletal like design or something.

Kirby Dragons

Bug/Dragon is probably my most wanted. After that happens, Dragon has mixed with every type.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
At least with Metagross we got a psuedo legendary with different types. It would be good to get another psuedo legendary that's not a dragon.

Nodame

Misty <3
Fairy/Ground would be the best combo ever since all three of the types that resist Fairy are weak to Ground making Fairy and Ground a strong attacking combination.

Pink Fairy Armadillo says Hi!
pink_fairy_armadillo_by_rinnai_rai-d7dogst.png

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
I think Electric/Poison would be good with Levitate, otherwise it’d be weak 4x to Ground moves. Maybe a battery Pokémon?
Bug/Dragon would be nice. I could see a dragonfly that’s part dragon, part fly.
Electric/Fighting and Psychic/Poison would be good types for a pseudo legendary.
Poison/Steel, a battery could work as well.
Electric/Fighting I could see a regional electric rodent having this combo.
Normal/Ghost a zombie could work, or for a Dark/Fairy I’d choose a kelpie.
Grass/Fire I could see a little flaming seed that evolves into some bush or tree based Pokémon with flaming leaves.
Fire/Ice, I don’t know what would work for that, maybe a flaming dry ice Pokémon?
Electric/Poison would also be good for an Asian Giant Hornet Pokemon.
Psychic/Poison would be a good mold Pokémon as well.

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

Fire/Ice or Ice/Fire, and for this type combo, I don't know why, I've recently had an idea for a Pokemon that is kind of like CatDog, the old cartoon. Or a two headed snake.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I would love for a Fairy/Psychic
We already have a number of them, which are Mr. Mime, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Mime Jr. and Tapu Lele. I think Fairy definitely needs more unique type combos.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
We already have a number of them, which are Mr. Mime, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Mime Jr. and Tapu Lele. I think Fairy definitely needs more unique type combos.
Fairy has currently yet to be paired with Dark, Fire, Fighting, Ground, and Poison.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Fairy has currently yet to be paired with Dark, Fire, Fighting, Ground, and Poison.
But it's a new type so it definitely needs some more things to shape it up especially more type combos, especially for non-Legendary Pokémon.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Kinda mentioned this in another topic.

I'm really curious to see Ice/Poison done. And even though it's technically been done (as a Rotom form) I'm also curious to see an actual Evo line that is Ice/Electric.

Both just dont seem to logically mix with Ice, so yeah I'd be curious to see them actually do those as Evo lines (not forms or M.Evos)

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
Kinda mentioned this in another topic.

I'm really curious to see Ice/Poison done. And even though it's technically been done (as a Rotom form) I'm also curious to see an actual Evo line that is Ice/Electric.

Both just dont seem to logically mix with Ice, so yeah I'd be curious to see them actually do those as Evo lines (not forms or M.Evos)

Ice/Poison could be some sort of an ancient virus that has been frozen in ice.
I don't have any ideas for a Electric/Ice type though.

Orphalesion

Well, there's ice cubes that glow under uv-lights and those folks that make electrically lit ice sculptures.

So maybe some ice creature/being that incorporates glowing parts for Ice/Electric? Now with the 3D models that's a possibility, just look at Malamar.

I'd really love a "computer' virus for Electric/Poison tbh.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
For Ice/Poison. I'm thinking a 2 stage cat Pokemon. It's final stage is Mantichill or Manticold (manticore + chill/cold).

The idea is its sweets a type of coolant around it's neck that upon contacting air causes a lion like mane to appear but made of a super cold fog.

It's extremely toxic to breath this air in. But if threatened Mantichill/Cold will flap it's wings (some manticore have wings) to fan the cold toxic cold towards it's foes.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
For Ice/Poison. I'm thinking a 2 stage cat Pokemon. Its final stage is Mantichill or Manticold (manticore + chill/cold).

The idea is its sweets a type of coolant around its neck that upon contacting air causes a lion-like mane to appear but made of a super cold fog.

It's extremely toxic to breathe this air in. But if threatened Mantichill/Cold will flap its wings (some manticore have wings) to fan the cold toxic cold towards its foes.
This is a well thought out idea. I can see this as a Pokemon. I'd like a Kelpie. Someone above said Dark/Fairy. I can see that as well as the more obvious Water/Fairy.

Kdude146

I would really love to see a Electric/Dark type and Fire/Fairy as my top two picks. I also have some ideas for some other unused type combos and what the Pokemon could be based on.

Grass/Fire could be a dinosaur like Pokemon with jalapenos growing on it.
Normal/Ice could be a caribou
Normal/Ghost could be a blanket ghost
Bug/Ice could be a snow scorpionfly (a bug that does exist and does live in snow)
Electric/Dark could be this region's regional electric rodent
Fire/Fairy I am all for it being the starter and being a bunny
Dark/Fairy could be an Imp/biased off of Rumplestilskin

DannyDiglett

I'd really love a "computer' virus for Electric/Poison tbh.

I want a Electric/Poison type Pokémon too. That combination makes me think about a radioactive Pokémon but I doubt it will ever happen, especially after the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster in 2011. A Pokémon based on a computer virus would be a good alternative.

Another wish for a new type combination is a thermometer Pokémon that is Ice/Fire. It could be the object based Pokémon of gen 8. I mean the ones like the Magnemite line, Bronzor and Bronzong, Spiritomb, Rotom, the Klink line, Cryogonal, Klefki, and Dhelmise.

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
Fairy/Ground would be the best combo ever since all three of the types that resist Fairy are weak to Ground making Fairy and Ground a strong attacking combination.

Pink Fairy Armadillo says Hi!
pink_fairy_armadillo_by_rinnai_rai-d7dogst.png

I would like a fairy/ground. Would it be special or physical?

I'd prefer special, but physical fairy has not been used enough and the only physical attack move for fairy is play rough.

I think Electric/Poison would be good with Levitate, otherwise it’d be weak 4x to Ground moves. Maybe a battery Pokémon?
Bug/Dragon would be nice. I could see a dragonfly that’s part dragon, part fly.
Electric/Fighting and Psychic/Poison would be good types for a pseudo legendary.
Poison/Steel, a battery could work as well.
Electric/Fighting I could see a regional electric rodent having this combo.
Normal/Ghost a zombie could work, or for a Dark/Fairy I’d choose a kelpie.
Grass/Fire I could see a little flaming seed that evolves into some bush or tree based Pokémon with flaming leaves.
Fire/Ice, I don’t know what would work for that, maybe a flaming dry ice Pokémon?
Electric/Poison would also be good for an Asian Giant Hornet Pokemon.
Psychic/Poison would be a good mold Pokémon as well.

I would like electric/poison too. It would have to have Levitate otherwise it would be useless.
bug/dragon would be interesting
I've always thought electric/fighting would be cool. I though Zerazora should have been electric/fighting
Fire/bug could be a fire ant
Fire/grass should definitely be a burning bush