• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What new type combinations would you like to see in Gen8

DannyDiglett

1.Fire/Grass-Sunflora Mega Evo or a Hot Pepper

One of the missed opportunities in gen 6 and 7. No Grass/Fire Mega Sunflora in XY/OR&AS and no Grass/Fire Alolan Sunflora in S&M either. It could work really well. It fits Sunflora perfectly.

Type combinations I would like to see:

Electric/Fire - very fast gazelle Pokémon.
Ground/Fairy - friendly garden gnome that helps people with gardening.
Rock/Fighting (I know, we already have Terrakion) - caveman fossil

A pure Flying type other than Tornadus would be nice too.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I'd really like it if Arcanine got a fire-lightning mega evolution. Or whatever broken feature they're adding this game (armour evolution?). Its a brilliant typing minus the ground weakness and lightning suits arcanine's design well.

Kangaflora

I would like to see all Normal/Flying types (except Swablu and Fletchling) to be reclassified as pure Flying, but I would like to see Dark/Fairy, Ice/Poison, Electric/Poison and Psychic/Bug type.

Missingno.Fan

I’m surprised we haven’t had a Bug/Dark yet. There are so many good options such as cockroach, mosquitos, ticks, or spiders.

I would love to see a Grass/Fire chili pepper.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
While there are plenty of options for Bug/Dark, I would like a black butterfly (many regions have had some sort of butterfly), a spider, and a mosquito to be this type combo.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Ghost normal its only weakness is dark and it could have a zombie like design.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
IMO, it's time for another non-dragon pseudo (only got metagross and tyrannitar :|), and I'd like it to use one of the unused type combination. Rock/ghost would be pretty fitting for a pseudo IMO.

Imagine being whoever designed Zeraora at GameFreak, and thinking "hey, that Pokémon would make a perfect PURE electric type!"

I had an idea for a Rock/Ghost pseudo legend based on a haunted castle.

Also, as far as unused type combos: Fire/Ice, Fire/Grass, Poison/Fairy are my picks.

anjunajake

you were the sun & moon to me
I'd def like to see both combos.

One idea I'd like to see is a Normal regional mammal based on a Possum (Apossume) that evolves into a Normal/Ghost "undead" Possum (Zompossum).

The idea being it plays dead in it's first stage. And then it gets so good at it, when it evolves a lil part of it does pass on.

I've never loved an idea more! Really want this to happen.

I’ve been hoping for Fire/Fairy for a long time now, it just sounds like an awesome combination! It’s unlikely but Scorbunny being Fire/Fairy would be pretty cool, since it’s a cute bunny and all.

Orphalesion

The two things I *don't* want to see from Fire/Grass are:

1. That Chili Pepper every fakemon dex incorporates (just a pretty boring idea imho, "hurhuhur it's fire 'cause it's hot geddit? hurhurhur")
2.Anything related to a Pokemon as terrible as Sunflora.

I'd rather see something based on a plant that have adapted to frequent fires in their surroundings, like grass trees, for example.

KKS-Lapras

The two things I *don't* want to see from Fire/Grass are:

1. That Chili Pepper every fakemon dex incorporates (just a pretty boring idea imho, "hurhuhur it's fire 'cause it's hot geddit? hurhurhur")
2.Anything related to a Pokemon as terrible as Sunflora.

I'd rather see something based on a plant that have adapted to frequent fires in their surroundings, like grass trees, for example.

I know this is not what you're going for, but your idea I couldn't help but think of some dead plant that was swept away by a forest fire that is Ghost/Fire type.

axelme

some types i'd like to see:

grass/fire
grass/dragon
fairy/dark
fairy/ice
electric/grass
bug/ice
grass/rock
fire/water
water/ghost
dark/fire

Orphalesion

I know this is not what you're going for, but your idea I couldn't help but think of some dead plant that was swept away by a forest fire that is Ghost/Fire type.

I'd be on board with that.

To elaborate on my idea: Grass Trees are plants growing in the Australian Bush, they have adapted to the frequent bush fires and can not only survive them thanks to their bark but fire also causes them to reproduce like crazy in order to replace those grass trees that were destroyed despite their defenses and to outcompete other vegetation that takes longer to regrow.

Same with Warathas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waratah who develop their large, beautiful blossoms after bsuhfires. And those blossoms do resemble a stylized flame to some extend.

So maybe a Waratha-inspired Grass Pokemon that upon evolution (maybe via fire stone, or leveling up with a fire Pokemon in the team) becomes Grass/Fire, gets its leaves partly singed, but sprouts a large flower made of flame.
Imho that fits Pokemon, which is known to employ less-known or obscure species, much better than a "hot" chili pepper.

KKS-Lapras

I'd be on board with that.

To elaborate on my idea: Grass Trees are plants growing in the Australian Bush, they have adapted to the frequent bush fires and can not only survive them thanks to their bark but fire also causes them to reproduce like crazy in order to replace those grass trees that were destroyed despite their defenses and to outcompete other vegetation that takes longer to regrow.

Same with Warathas: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waratah who develop their large, beautiful blossoms after bsuhfires. And those blossoms do resemble a stylized flame to some extend.

So maybe a Waratha-inspired Grass Pokemon that upon evolution (maybe via fire stone, or leveling up with a fire Pokemon in the team) becomes Grass/Fire, gets its leaves partly singed, but sprouts a large flower made of flame.
Imho that fits Pokemon, which is known to employ less-known or obscure species, much better than a "hot" chili pepper.

Well, that's different, learn something new everyday. I'm down for a Pokemon like that.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins

I love this idea! It's so much better than a hot pepper or an evolution of Sunflora. I've kinda had it with those. I now want to see a Waratah Pokemon becuase it would have a good reason to be Grass/Fire and not just for the sake of "we haven't had this type yet, hey let's do a chili pepper or a crappy evo of Sunflora."

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I have a feeling the Fairy-Type is going to be combined with everything before even the Fighting-Type is. Dark/Fairy is too good to pass up and Absol feels like it should have received it for its Mega. Fairy/Ground for a gnome would be swell, another perfect combination. And Poison/Fairy would be fitting for a Baikinman reference.

Fire/Fairy for a Rapidash Mega, and personally I think Rapidash should get a split Mega Evolution with a Fire/Dark dark horse counterpart. Color schemes should be white, pale green (shiny), black, and dark red (shiny), respectively to match the colors of the four horses of Apocalypse. Sorry, my imagination is running but I really just want certain designs and incorporated mythos.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Poison/fairy plz