• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What new type combinations would you like to see in Gen8

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So it looks like these are the only type combinations still unusued now:

Normal/Rock
Normal/Bug
Normal/Poison
Normal/Ice
Normal/Ghost
Normal/Steel
Grass/Fire
Fire/Ice
Fire/Fairy
Electric/Poison
Electric/Fighting
Rock/Ghost
Ground/Fighting
Ground/Fairy
Bug/Psychic
Bug/Dragon
Bug/Dark
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Ice
Poison/Steel
Fighting/Fairy

The list is getting shorter and shorter.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
So it looks like these are the only type combinations still unusued now:

Normal/Rock
Normal/Bug
Normal/Poison
Normal/Ice
Normal/Ghost
Normal/Steel
Grass/Fire
Fire/Ice
Fire/Fairy
Electric/Poison
Electric/Fighting
Rock/Ghost
Ground/Fighting
Ground/Fairy
Bug/Psychic
Bug/Dragon
Bug/Dark
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Ice
Poison/Steel
Fighting/Fairy

The list is getting shorter and shorter.
Dragon/Fairy should be on this list since it doesn't have a permanent Pokemon, only a Mega.

I consistently forget Terrakion is Rock/Fighting rather than Ground/Fighting.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Same here. I always thought a Silverback Gorilla was a no brainer for the typing tbh. It just works.

That's how I feel about Bug/Dark as well.
I keep thinking Bug/Dark is used, but Drapion drops its Bug typing, not its Poison typing

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Whelp today was a bit off a bust for my top three.

Bug/Ice
Electric/Fighting
Rock/Ghost.

And we still have a good handful of types still lacking any representation from new Pokemon/Forms.

flygon1509

Types like Psychic and Dark can be easily slapped onto any pokemon - just make it look magical / menacing and voila. However, we had to wait until gen 7 for Electric/Psychic and gen 8 for Electric/Dark (both are Pikaclone).
Also, Bug/Psychic and Bug/Dark still haven't been realised. The annoying thing is that many existing bug pokemon look like they can be of those combinations. Let's hope we can cross these combinations off the list this time.
Regarding fighting, Electric/Fighting (I'm looking at you, Zereora) and Ground/Fighting (maybe a gorilla) are also obvious combinations that haven't been available.

Ning

Not necessarily new, but id like to see some Pokémon get types which are exclusive to legendary and mythic pokemon which you mostly can’t use anyways in endgame content.

Some types id really like to see:
Ghost/dragon
Fire/water
Fighting/ghost

And for brand new (excluding rotom):
Grass/electric
Fire/electric
Fairy/fighting
Grass/fire

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Electric/Ice, Electric/Fire and Electric/Grass. Yes, I know Rotom has those forms, but its exclusive to them and just has appliances being stuck on it

KKS-Lapras

I for one, would like to see a Normal/Ghost type Pokémon

It could be a cat-like Pokémon that is based on Schrödinger's Cat

Oh that would be hella smart, and the design potential is very interesting.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The type combination I want to see the most, and one I've been waiting since at least Generation III, is Grass/Fire. The two types cancel out each other's weaknesses quite nicely; they'd be weak only to Rock, Flying, and Poison, and I'm sure a Grass/Fire Pokémon can handle Rock-types easily. Such a Pokémon would also be able to use Sunny Day incredibly well. I initially thought they'd make a jack-o-lantern Pokémon with that type, but Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist turned out to be Grass/Ghost (which is still cool and fits the theme). There was a chance to make something for Sun and Moon themed on vegetation that thrives in volcanic areas, but it wasn't taken.

I for one, would like to see a Normal/Ghost type Pokémon

It could be a cat-like Pokémon that is based on Schrödinger's Cat

Before they showed Polteageist's typing, I thought it was going to be a Ghost/Normal.

Orphalesion

The type combination I want to see the most, and one I've been waiting since at least Generation III, is Grass/Fire. The two types cancel out each other's weaknesses quite nicely; they'd be weak only to Rock, Flying, and Poison, and I'm sure a Grass/Fire Pokémon can handle Rock-types easily. Such a Pokémon would also be able to use Sunny Day incredibly well. I initially thought they'd make a jack-o-lantern Pokémon with that type, but Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist turned out to be Grass/Ghost (which is still cool and fits the theme). There was a chance to make something for Sun and Moon themed on vegetation that thrives in volcanic areas, but it wasn't taken.

The Waratah flower. Looks like a flame, blooms after wildfires.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waratah

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ghost/Normal, definitely. Its such an oxymoronic type combination that it allows for very creative ideas. Also, the type has three immunities and only has to worry about Dark type moves(or Fighting with Scrappy/Odor Sleuth)