• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What new type would you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightStorm

^ They can make more types you know. Cosmic might be interesting, there are lots of possibilities with it along with a few Pokemon already fall into that category.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Having a Light (as in illumination) to combat Dark is incorect. The Japanese equivulent is "aku" which basically means evil. A light type would therefore be a "pure" type.

Flying would be better of renamed as Wind, but it doesn't need to be a seperate type.

Sound isn't exactly varied in what it can do. For example, all pokemon can make sound but not all pokemon can shoot lighting. That's why there is an electric type to single these unique pokemon out from the others.

Magic/Cosmic is indeed Psychic. When you consider that moving things with your thoughts, teleporting and invading minds can all be interepted as otherworldly abilities.

A ??? type is pointless. So is an explosion type. The ability to explode is a skill, not a groupable attribute.

dragon_eye_2006

Hilo Thar!
ok heres somethings to think about:

light types: togepi line, happiny line, mareep line, dratini line maybe?, possibly the voltorb line and elekid line, igglybuff/cleffa lines, and some other new ones...

sound types: whismur line (obviously), chatot, voltorb line (w/ moves like sonicboom?), igglybuff line (another obvious), and some others... :/

plasma sounds pretty cool with pokemon like grimer, muk, and ditto

and for all you people out there who think there are enough types already, think about it the pokemon series is beginning to become a bit worn out. some change needs to happen. thats why gold and silver were so fun, imean nobody was expecting steel or dark types and they only made the games better... so c'mon...

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
Maybe dinosaur and light. I don't really see a need for any new types, but it would add strategy and make the games more intersting.

Kaliber

Older Master
A fossil type would be nice.

Palm211

Weird Guy
If there were a ??? type it would work like this,

1: ??? type moves would not be super effective or not very effective against any type.

2: no type of move would be super effective or not very effective against a ??? type pokemon.

3: any type of move a ??? pokemon used would have #1's rules apply.

We need a: 4 CHAN type thats super effective against everything, and nothing is super effective against it. It's only move is EPIC WIN which always hits and kills the foe in one hit.

If you couldn't tell, I was joking.

THIS IS WHY YOUR TYPES SHOULDN'T EXIST

Light- If were talking Holy Light then we already have Normal and Psychic for that. They are usually featured as the "Good Guys" or good pokemon most of the time. If light speed then we have Electric which is light in that sense.

Sound- All sound pokemon are normal typed, so normal. Also what attacking moves would it have? Sonicboom and Hyper Voice that's it. Not very much support right.

Plasma- If we're talking about the suns plasma then fire. Because, well, the sun would be classified as that in basic terms. If the blood's plasma then just NO. This is a kids game, I don't think they want blood in it. How do Grimer, ditto and Muk relate to the Sun or Blood?

Magic-Psychic obviously

Wood-Grass obviously

Fossil/Dinosaur: Fossil=Rock. Because a fossil is in layman's terms a bone in a rock. Dinosaurs are an extinct species so if a dinosaur pokemon was made it would be a fossil, as I already stated Fossil=Rock.

Alien-There's only one alien pokemon, and there probably only ever will be one, Deoxys. So what you're saying is make a type for one pokemon?

???-The ??? type means everything, I think. So you're saying make a type only for Arceus?

Last edited:

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
there are enough types already but if we did have another one made i would say cosmic

EmpressMyuu

Alien-There's only one alien pokemon, and there probably only ever will be one, Deoxys. So what you're saying is make a type for one pokemon?

When there were only 151 Pokemon, there was only one Pokemon of the Dragon type, and that was the Dragonite line. I know that that's actually three Pokemon, but it was in one evolution line. Also, even though the Steel type didn't exist then, Magnemite/Magneton were the only Pokemon that got that type added on when G/S/C was created. So, even though I'm REALLY uncertain how the Alien type would work out, and I don't necessarily support it, it's possible to give that type to Deoxys and then create more Alien types.

The only new type that would really make any sense to me is Light, which in the Japanese version would probably be called "Holy", since Dark is called "Evil" in that version. I don't see why Psychic is considered the counterforce against the Dark type, because if a Psychic Pokemon doesn't have Miracle Eye, it's pretty much screwed, especially against something with frighteningly high Defense and Sp. Defense like Umbreon. The Dark type was needed to be super-effective towards Psychics in G/S, because before that, only the Bug type was strong against Psychic, and the only really potent Bug attack at the time was Megahorn...on Heracross, being part Fighting could easily be taken by an Alakazam. It required balance.

Light would be powerful against Dark, but Dark is also powerful against Light. You cannot have one without the other.

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
*sighs*

does anyone actually read what the others say? >__> it's explained many times why light is a bad idea.

Plasma- If we're talking about the suns plasma then fire. Because, well, the sun would be classified as that in basic terms. If the blood's plasma then just NO. This is a kids game, I don't think they want blood in it. How do Grimer, ditto and Muk relate to the Sun or Blood?

this is probably because most people still think plasma is some sort of electrick gooey stuff.

yes children, that's WRONG: plasma is ionoized gas. read the wikipedia page.

Sharpedo Boy

< Don't take drugs!
Nuclear perhaps?

Sharpedo Boy

< Don't take drugs!
^Nuclear and radioactivce arent the same thing
Atomic is another kind.

creepcakes

ad nauseam
I guess light could be interesting, as in the opposite to dark. I don't think we really need any new types tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.