• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What newer innovations do you miss?

Ariki

So in the lead up to Pokemon LGPE I bought Pokemon Crystal for my 3DS. I am a long time fan of the series and have played every generation.

Holy! What a whiplash shock it is to not have running shoes available. I’m at the very start of Crystal but wow - I didn’t realise how much I’d miss this feature.

So, for those who have played gen 3 and above, when you play gen 1 and gen 2, what features do you miss?

Anyway, I better get back to it. I’m looking forward to catching my very first Celebi.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I miss the advanced BGM. G/S/C's 8-bit style of the BGM tracks is decent for nostalgia's sake, yet they feel awfully lacking.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
The lack of Running Shoes, Natures, Abilities, modern EV system, the need to manually change PC boxes when they fill up, bad movepools for a good number of Pokemon, the archaic BGM all make the old games unenjoyable to me.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I miss the repeatable use of TMs, which started in Gen 5. It was pretty frustrating back then that a TM was gone once I used it. I even remember that Water Gun was even a TM in the Gen 1 games still. I also definitely miss the Running Shoes too, which gave the player some extra speed.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
bad movepools for a good number of Pokemon

This is a huge one, especially when it came to some evolved Pokemon that couldn't learn new attacks in their final evolutionary stage.

Nockturne

I'll echo the limited movepools, non-reuseable TM's and just a lack of moves in general. I also miss the physical/special split and how user friendly the PC box system is

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
No in-game Move Tutors (save for Crystal's postgame, one-a-week, weekly, 4,000 Game Corner coins, 3-move tutor), move Relearners, and in Gen 1, not a Move Deleter either.
I realize Stadium 0 and 1 has the Pikachu "Move Tutor" and Stadium 2 allows you to relearn moves (one at a time though and you still have to win battles with said Pokemon taking up a party spot, might I add), but those are side games, and now with the VC Gen I and II games being a thing, we're absolutely out of luck on those copies.