• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What nickname did you pick for the player character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Just curious, since I've always found it tricky to decide on one.

For my part, I usually make up a nickname by shortening the name I originally picked. So, for instance, I picked the nickname Cat for Katrina on my first playthrough; Alex for Alexandra on my second; and Ven for Raven on my fourth. On my third playthrough, I had named myself Ilmarinen, and couldn't think of a good nickname, so I decided to just have Ilmarinen as the nickname. On my current playthrough I named myself Fox, which obviously is hard to shorten, so I picked the nickname Fox-chan.

Aquarelle

Staff member
On Y, I went with My Lord to make my character look super important (and because I couldn't come up with anything else).
On my current save file on X, I picked HotStuff as a joke (and because I couldn't come up with anything else).

Next time I replay X, I think I'll just go with my real life nickname or a variation of it.

Kalosian

So long
On X, where I play as the Male character, I gave him the nickname Master because I couldn't think of anything better. I enjoyed seeing my rivals calling me Master all the time when I met them in the game, so it turned out great.

On Y, where I play as the Female character, I gave her the nickname Princess. This was because I think its a fun nickname for a Female character, and it goes well with the actual name I gave her, creating two references to other things.

I also use these same two nicknames for my characters in Join Avenue on B2/W2 so I guess they weren't the most unique, but I'm still satisfied with how they turned out.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I picked Kirby even though my character is a girl. I'm obsessed with the Kirby games is why that happened. I also used that name in White.
Edit: Oh right... Your friends ask for a nickname. I totally forgot! I chose Keeby. ..It's also Kirby related.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In X my character is named Teena Marie and her nickname is Lady T which was the singer's nickname and it's crazy that I didn't need to customize it.

It usually depends on the name I use, but usually, I stick with a particular nickname for any name.

With my default name, Earth, I use the nickname 'E-Cat'. It's a bit of a reference to my first AC:NL town- one of my villagers decided to call me E-Cat, and I've used it ever since. I have been highly tempted to nickname myself E-Mail, though.

With my typical male name, Tao, I called myself T-Bone in reference to the steak. It was a perfect opportunity.

Other times, though, it depends. One time I didn't even use a nickname at all. I just went by Lore. Now, I'm hopping on the honorific bandwagon and calling myself 'Lord Locke' in this run. It's not as fun as I expected.

Last two games I used Raven and Jet. It takes me a while to come up with a name that I like, especially since its permanent for that play through and half of my games I never restart because of all of the items and stuff that I'd lose.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I'm pretty sure I did the very uncreative mistress/master thing. I think I don't actually remember 100% haha

ninjaman

I chose Benja. It's what my girlfriend calls me so I thought it would be good. It's getting kind of cringeworthy though the more I see it in game.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I always pick Brandon because that's my real name lol. I'm not very creative when it comes to nicknames.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
I chose my own name in both X and Y which is Paul as I've always done that on every game I've played.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I went with Shadow, cause that's what my online friends call me.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
In my current runthrough my nickname is Squid as an homage to Rocket Power :)

Izanagi777

Well, i myself use "Kirino" as my nickname in Pokemon X games.. I would go with Serena when i play pokemon Y though, given that i like her character in the anime..

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
For my game, since I was playing as the girl despite being a dude, I named my character "Ayla". This is because this would have been my first name if I was born a girl. I thought it was a pretty name that suited my kind of heroine well.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I use Katsu in nearly every game. It's just my nickname in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.