• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What old features do you want to stay in HGSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Since we have absolutely no information about speculating about new things that might be in the game, let's discuss what we actually do have information on: the old games that're already out. Please, no ridiculous things that they obviously wouldn't keep, like "I WANT THE OLD IV AND EV SYSTEM BACK!!!" It's not going to happen, part of the reason GF is remaking this is likely to give us a modern Johto game that's compatible.

Personally, I want the Headbutting trees to stay over Honey Trees because they were such a huge pain, and it was kind of neat to give a somewhat-useless move a field purpose. I would also love it if the Odd Egg from Crystal came back, with the special move and chance of shinies.

Oh and same rule as the huge speculating thread, 3 sentences (minimum) per post, please, and no stupid spam.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
:D this is my area baby!
- Headbutt trees. Quick fun and free!
- Crystal Dragon Den. More of a map change but still you know what I mean.
- Both legends available regardless of version. Some say it will not happen cause they left that for the 3RD version. I say it will happen only cause of the item to get them and the fact that the tin tower/whirl islands would be pointless to be in both games.
- Battle Tower. Or possible frontier.
- Apricorn Balls. But just change em with the special balls now.
- Crystal Unown caves. Items AND a message. Complete awesome factor.
- Magnet Train. Some want flying between both regions. I want a good old train. With super train animation. :D

Did I miss anything? XD

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
I absolutely agree, regarding the Headbutt > Honey tree thought.
I always forgot about my Honey Trees, and I hardly ever found any valuable Pokemon in the trees (bar one Heracross) because whenever I actually REMEMBERED the tree I honey-ified, it was a Wurmple, guaranteed.

With Headbutt, I'd get a Pineco and be forever happy.

Rensch

The Pokégear was kinda neat. It had a phone and a radio which the Pokétch did not have. They could make lots of new cards making it much more like the Pokétch in Sinnoh.

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
The main thing I'd like to see back is the Apricorns. Free Pokéballs of various types means things are cheaper to catch. I'd also like to see the Odd Egg back, although maybe with some new possibilities? I doubt they would put new Pokémon they can hatch into, but you never know! Maybe even putting back in the old Berry System. That way they don't have to make trees for Apricorns for when you plant them.

SilverMorty

same with Headbutting trees

I'd like the siblings to still stay the same, although maybe they can give more useful items?

I also think Cut should cut grass patches again. I really liked cutting the long grass in the park lol. I know pretty useless but I liked that idea

Even though a bit far-fetched, I also want the Love Ball and the Heavy Ball to make a return in some form =/ Not sure how though.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Oh I forgot about the Week Siblings. They were cool if you knew where to find them =P.

And the Bug Catching Contest. I thought it was really cool that you could get a free Pokemon AND a free item if you did well.

In fact, all of the day-of-the-week stuff should stay, including the Lapras from Union Cave on Fridays. The only weekly event in later games is Drifloon, and it'd be nice for it to come back, since I think it gives the game a little more life if you want to play it certain days to get certain things.

Zazie

So 1991
I want the pokegear to be able to do every thing it could do in the originals. Adding stuff is fine and so is do minor changes to improve it's old features. The main point is that I still want to be able to listen to the radio on it and use the cells phone. Improving them would be even better but that is something for a different thread.

I also want them to keep the Bug Catching constest and other weekly events. They gave me a reason to take my time playing through the games. I also found the bug catching contest to be fun.

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
I'd like the pokegear to stay the radio was pure win! and I'd also like the Apricorns to return. Don't ask why I just like them. I'm indifferent about the headbutt trees and honey trees I'm happy either way with those. :)

EDIT: Ahh yes the bug catching contest needs to stay too that was fun.

Last edited:

The Red

Two things I want to see in HGSS are the Training Hall in Viridian City, and the Buena's Password radio quiz show. While one could only battle Cal once a day, he still provided a hefty amount of EXP. The Buena's Password thing was just one of those interesting daily events that encouraged me to play every evening.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
- Headbutt trees.
(Sometimes, I forget which trees I slathered with honey, and when I do remember them, they're always something I've already caught.)
- Magnet train.
(I never got to see this though :()
- Apricorn Balls.
- The Pokégear.
(Make it like the Pokétch)
- The ''Once a Week Siblings''
- The Bug Catching Contest
(From what I've seen, it's fun)
- And of course the Odd Egg.

that's about it.

SilverMorty

Oh I want the old GS fishing feature, not having to pay attention to fish lol =p

I enjoyed not concentrating on when to catch the fish (RS was annoying lol, DP not as annoying but still I liked the old-school fishing)

Also remember that pokeball thing just before a trainer battle? I wonder if there will be something like that again. I thought that was cool back in the old days

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
-Headbutt > Sweet Honey. I agree with Ellie, giving an okay move a field move. Headbutt is cheaper, and faster too, plus sometimes the Pokemon that fell out of the tree was asleep.
-Aprikorns, one of the better suprises in GSC. In HGSS, Kurt should call when they are done, otherwise I forget, like I did 90% of the time.
-Bug Catching Contest = Win
-Odd Egg. Although I never played Crystal, I would love to experience it in HGSS.
-Radio Stations. I liked to listen to the Radio sometimes in GSC, and I will do it again in SS.
-Shiny Gyarados in Lake Of Rage. I know Wi-Fi will be spammed with Shiny Gyarados, but I really don't care.
-A lot of the time based events, like the people that give certain items on certain days.
-That house in Viridian where you could battle the kid once a day that had all three Johto starters.
-Bill giving a free Eevee. I never used it GSC, but I plan on using it in SS.
-The Kimono Girls battle house. I don't know why I liked that, I guess I just liked to guess what Kimono girl had which Eeveelution.

More will be added later.

Ultimate Glalie

The headbutt trees should definitely stay. The sweet honey trees are a pain in the neck. I also wouldn't mind having all the same shows on the radio again.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Oh yeah, I forgot about them sometimes being asleep. That was neat.

Also does no one else seem to know that the Trainer House guy was always the last person you Mystery Gifted with unless you had never Mystery Gifted before (then it was the starters guy)? I liked that too since it made for hella easy EXP if you had 2 games/GBCs and made one guy have something like 6 Blisseys with Tail Whip in their team at the time of the Mystery Gift.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moe_Joe

I lost my Moe_Joe!
I want the old Mystery Gift back. How you could get free items if you were with a friend was awesome. It made it a more social game and in general was really useful. G/S were by far the best game and I can't wait till they come out in Australia.

Ludicoconut

Water&Grass Trainer
Headbutt, Radio, the Poke mart in G& S was very nice. I like the siblings, and of course the bug catching contest

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Oh yeah, I forgot about them sometimes being asleep. That was neat.

Also does no one else seem to know that the Trainer House guy was always the last person you Mystery Gifted with unless you had never Mystery Gifted before (then it was the starters guy)? I liked that too since it made for hella easy EXP if you had 2 games/GBCs and made one guy have something like 6 Blisseys with Tail Whip in their team at the time of the Mystery Gift.

Coincidentally I just read that yesterday. I never used/even heard of Mystery Gift until RSE, so it was always just the starters for me. I am totally gonna spam that now for EXP, thanks.

SilverMorty

Although wild pokemon should generally be leveled higher, I still like to see some wild evolved Pokemon whose levels are lower than what they normally evolve (like that level 18 Fearows, Venomoths and Weezings)

Makes catching them much more special

Also I really liked those battles where you are caught being seen by 3 trainers, so you have to battle them consecutively

Status
Not open for further replies.