• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What old features do you want to stay in HGSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus Aipom

Why so serious?
I want it to at least still have the important features from the original GSC like headbutting trees, Apricorn balls, the train in goldenrod and the ship from olivine to go to Kanto, pokegear etc..

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
I want trainer animatons to be added,

and I want kando to still be there, (which, it odviously will) apricorns were awesome, if it wernt for kurt there would be no reason to go into the slowpoke well XD

Definitely the bug catching, red Gyarados, Odd egg, all of the daily events such as clefairy festival and Lapras, and going back to Kanto

Killer Grunt

I hope all the events are still in like those people that appeared on different days of the week, the clefairys on monday was it? the lapras on friday? and whatever daily events ive forgotten. I also hope things like the odd egg are still in just little things that make the game more fun and interesting.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
I hope all the events are still in like those people that appeared on different days of the week, the clefairys on monday was it? the lapras on friday? and whatever daily events ive forgotten. I also hope things like the odd egg are still in just little things that make the game more fun and interesting.

Fortunately I doubt they'll remove any of those things.

It wouldn't be a good remake if they were removing things like this!

I hope that the new editions keep the Odd Egg (from which I plan to force out a shiny now that I know the odds) and the shiny Gyarados. But, I hope that they add in an underground like in DPPt and secret bases like in Ruby and Sapphire. Secret bases were the best. And they need to let you grow berries, too . . .

MasterBalls

The big thing is Kanto.

That was such a great suprise at the end of the E4. I thought, just like Red/Yellow, the game would end and I'd have to start just filling my Pokedex, but then suddenly you get a call off Oak to go on the mysterious cruise ship you haven't been able to go on before, to Kanto. Hell if I knew what Kanto was.

I reallllly want the Apricorns back! They were an excellent idea. I would also like to see the GS ball in as well.

I was also wondering about the part of the game where you go to Kanto. Will they really remake Kanto again? for the 3th(?) time? If they did, then that would be awesome

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I really want to see the Lapras cave brought back. I would also love to see The Unknown Pokedex feture brought back. Just a couple that came up in my head.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I don't know if the Unown Dex will come back since the new Pokedex (if it's the same as DPPt) has a whole section for alternate forms. But I suppose it's certainly a possibility that they'd put it back for old times' sake.

Come to think of it, I wonder if the GSC Unown in the Ruins of Alph will be updated with the ? and ! Unown, or if they'll put them somewhere else, or if they'll just need to be traded in. It'll be interesting to see.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I don't know if the Unown Dex will come back since the new Pokedex (if it's the same as DPPt) has a whole section for alternate forms. But I suppose it's certainly a possibility that they'd put it back for old times' sake.

Come to think of it, I wonder if the GSC Unown in the Ruins of Alph will be updated with the ? and ! Unown, or if they'll put them somewhere else, or if they'll just need to be traded in. It'll be interesting to see.

-Headbutt trees
-Old fishing system
-PokéGear
-Ruins of Alph puzzles
-Secret radio channel in the RoA
-Week Siblings
-Battle Tower (Possibly, but no likely Battle Frontier)
-Being able to go to Kanto (It has to be in the game)
-Vermillion's Train & Olvine's Boat
-Karate Man giving you Tyrouge
-Bill giving you Eevee
-Bill's grandfather giving you the stones
-Unown Pokedex
-Bug Catching Contest
-Red Gyarados (If they do it, I hope they somehow ban it from the GTS)

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I forgot about the "Underground" in Goldenrod. That was a great place to be. I loved battling and getting haircuts.

Oh yeah, the Photo thing that you could take of your pokemon.

mystkmastkal

slowpoke well,Sudowoodo blocking the the road at route 36, sprout tower, and the undergrouns shopping center in goldenrod.

And If they do put Kanto in the game, I would really like it if cinnabar island was still destroyed because of the volcanic eruption.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Personally, I want the Headbutting trees to stay over Honey Trees because they were such a huge pain, and it was kind of neat to give a somewhat-useless move a field purpose. I would also love it if the Odd Egg from Crystal came back, with the special move and chance of shinies.

Oh and same rule as the huge speculating thread, 3 sentences (minimum) per post, please, and no stupid spam.

Agreed. Headbutting was awesome.

HOWEVER, a new feature I'd like is to make Headbutt, as well as Rock Smash, be an HM, or at least a winnable TM at the Game Corner or something. It was such a pain when I couldn't find out what Pokemon had the move.

Also, keep the PokeGear. That thing was awesome. However, they should enhance it by attaching a VS. Seeker to it or something.

EDIT: Oh, and yes! How could I forget the old fishing system? Bring that back, too! ....!

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I really hope you get to meet Red and Blue again if you get to go back to Kanto. Fighting Red was definitely the highlight of my Johto adventure. It wouldn't be the same this time around if he and Blue weren't included.

Quartz Trainer Lupe

Lurking Trainer
Ah yes, a re-make of Gold and Silver. I ahve seen so amny people cry out and beg Nintendo for something such as this, I saw one person go to such lengths as to create the actual entire game via a Fire Red mod, which turned out sucessful. This however, comes without glitches, nor having to purchase Fire Red and deport it from you computer.

- The Magnet Train, this was truly one of the best features of all, it allowed you to travel between two regions, with two seperate storylines, and a whol new set of badges. In other words, two games in one.

- Headbutt Trees, this gave me a jolt of exictemnet every time, as you oculd find so many varities of Pokemon in each, asleep or awake. Honey Trees honestly are loads of crap. By the time I rember where it was, it's a Wurmple.

- Both Legendary Mascots, this was just a perfect additon to keep the punches rolling. Even after you've conquered the Elit Four, you can find a massiva amount of legendary pokemon. A Lvl 70. Lugia, Three different roaming pokemon.

- Bug catching Contests, a beautiful replacement to the Safari Zone with a cool addition.

- Apricot Balls, these things were cheap, and had the best possbile balls fro no price but a little exploration.

Now some features I hope it will add,

- Legendary Birds, I was incredibly crest fallen to find the section of Victory Road with Moltres Collapsed, the Power PLant working, and Articunos platfrom destroyed, and Mewtwos cave sunken in. These features shoudl be added back to.

- A Wi-Fi Celebi Event. We have all wnated but never seen a Celebi event outside of Japan. Their has been events for every single Legendary Event Pokemon aside from celebi, and now is the chance.

- The Sevii Islands, I woudl be greatful ever so much if this third story line was put into place from Kanto. However, no Moltres on One Island, something else maybe, but I would like to see Victory Road painted with flames again.

- Sinnoh Pokemon, somewhere after the you obtain the National Dex? Possibly in the Bug Catchign Contest.

- A Safari Zone, convert the Bug Catching Contest into a weekly event, with the park open to regular untimed and uncontested catchign of pokemon other than bugs all other times.

-Apricot Trees and Berry Trees, both very common.

-Lupe

Status
Not open for further replies.