• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What old features do you want to stay in HGSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acherhar

Holon Cartographer
One feature I would really like to see back is the HM Whirlpool. There's something deeply nostalgic about seeing those tiny swirls in the water disappear, hehe.

Birgeer

Suicune-Master
well i want all off them!:p

but the most important for me are:

headbutting
both birds
2 regions (even though i dont see why they would remove 1 region from the remake)
the train
16 badges :D (and hopefully more!:D)

Golde

Always Searching~
Both of the above, Whirlpool and the Apricorn Balls, but also that house in Viridian City (not necessarily in Viridian, though...) that lets you repetitively battle the last guy you Mystery Gifted.

EDIT: Also Headbutt.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
Both Birds & regions
Bug contests
PokeGear
Apircorn Balls
Shiny Gyrados
Whirlpool HM (Get rid of Defog, it's useless!)
Original G/S/C Gym theme song
The Japanese style of the house entrances.
Red battle
Magnet Train
Headbutt Trees

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
I still wanna see The old Weekday siblings, though I would like them to put a twist on it and before theygive you whatever Item you should have to battle them, They can each have an Eevelution since that's the only pokemon I can think that their are 7 of

I also want them to Keep the Garunteed Red Gyarados, I know alot of people are whining it wont be special anymore, But everyone has shinies nowadays and they really arent all that special any more thanks to the PokeRadar

Cris~Wigglytuff~

elite wigglejiggle!?
foxyman1167-i totally agree with ur sig,im getting totodile and soulsilver. okay anyways, (im typing on a psp so...) headbutting i prefer cuz i remember randomly finding a shiny butterfree :),2nd the ''odd egg''( wut makes it so odd,i heard dat theres a 50% chance of it being shiny but it never happened 2me),i wonder if the pokegear will be will be on the bottom screen?,and lastly i want the magnet train but with sum really impressive graphics like the coronet minimovie in platinum(ifeel like imtxtingLOL

Gym Leader Jasmine

What i want is the old features in Pokémon Heart Gold / Soul Silver is old Tm/Hm and old items that appeared in Gold and Sliver like zap cannon and other moves that pokemon can level up and learn when In Gold Sliver was made not move that they cant learn.

zipzap713

@Peteyism
I want the Radio to make a comeback, along with the cell phone. And the mother saving money. Those were great features. Also, local mystery gift with a friend once per day, that gives you some random little prize.

ziakra

So Zetta Slow!
Kanto region should stay... don't add the "underground" feature from DPPt if neccesary so they could improve the Kanto region...
The Bug Catching contests...
The Unown Ruins...
The Cycling Road that goes down all the way...I want that...
And the Magnet Train...I just wish they show you what's inside the train instead of a quick animation to and from the stations...hehehe

Adz

Poke Knight
I have a question. When Firered and leafgreen came out. Were their sprites shown on Ruby/Sapphire if you had a battle between both games?!

martianman40

LIKE A BOSS!
I have a question. When Firered and leafgreen came out. Were their sprites shown on Ruby/Sapphire if you had a battle between both games?!

If playing on a RS game playing against FRLG, then you would see the RS sprites.

CherishMelvil

Top Coordinator
Now I remember what I really want to keep!!

= Mom saving my money.

Don't know why, but I found that pretty useful ;D Maybe it's just me

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
I am excited to see the implementation of Gold and Silver aspects again:

-Kurt and the Apricorns turned pokeball
-National Park and the Bug-catching contest
-Whirl Islands
-Battling the Kimono sisters​

Apocalypse_ZLS

The Apocalypse
Definetely Kurt and his Apricorn balls, the 16 Gym Leaders, that really cool radio (it was fun)...
There are way too many stuff that should be kept.

League

Master Abra Catcher
A loving mom is quite a nice feature.

I'm game about the odd egg, though I didn't know it was so special at the time. I want a shiny Magmortar, so yeah. Being able to take a cruise that goes somewhere is something as well. Many of the other things are little but great nonetheless.

pottsy

id like to have everything they did back then, gold was and is still my favourite game but it was erased:(, but i like being able to challenge the gym leaders multiple times and the battle frontier is the only reason to play after you beat the game so that should definitely be included, and a second rival would be nice, i hated the normal one and the crystal second rival was terrible ;187;

jshperz

I always loved the "sent some to Mom!" feature of GSC. She's like a bank!

Bug-catching contest was very fun too!

The Pokegear should really be retained. It was very useful!

The Nurse should still say "You're up late!" when it's night time already. That made me laugh. Also, some GSC NPC moments that are funny. xD

Prat

Honey was the worst and most pointless item in DP. Please bring back Headbutt!

Agreed! Honey was just stuuuupid.

But what I want back is the pokegear.. namely the cellphone/radio aspect of it.. it was damn cool, all latest versions of it (i.e poke tech) are pretty lame in my opinion.

and would be cool if they actually decided to put in the skateboard this time?

hawaiian ale

zapdos master hoo ra
Headbut the trees

new ballz

moomoo the sick miltank

bug cacthin contest

red gyrados

kumono girlz

Status
Not open for further replies.