• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What old features do you want to stay in HGSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireHuntererL

I'd like the Pokegear to remain, but improved. Personally I feel that the Poketch is for D/P/Pt, and shifting it to G/S seems... out of place.

Other stuffs like Headbutt Trees, Bug-Catching Contest, etc. are stuffs I'd like as well.

I'd welcome changes even if they're major, but some stuffs that actually make G/S special should remain.

Ulysses

Master of Reality
I don't know if this would count as an old feature or not, but if it is, then I'd really like to see them keep the old color schemes. I loved how the world just felt and looked dark, compared to how in newer games they have been making the world bright and sunny. I just liked how the graphics gave it a dark look.

I'd also like to see them keep the headbutt thing over the honey trees, as some others said. I liked head-butting trees.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Thats exactly what I did! Six Blisseys, all with... uhh... Something besides Tail Whip but equally as horrendous. After all, it was nine or ten years ago :p

But I loved the weekly events, and you could scrounge up a great team if you knew where to get everyone. These are all opinions, but: Slowking early on was wonderful, Lapras was great, Scyther in the bug catching contest, and... the list goes on and on.

Torpoleon

I want the day and night feauture back, but, unlike in GSC, it will go by the DS's set time. Also, it would be cool to see the Poke Gear back, but it should be a new and improved one. Somethingsimilar to the Poketch in D/P/Pt. In the Poke Gear, I hooping that the feautures it had in GSC would stay as well as some new feautures and where you can get feautures in from random people, lke with getting new apps into the Poketch.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
OH YEAH! The Game-Corner MUST still have their slave-trading- err, Pokemon for sale. I loved my Dratini for the mere price of 9,999 coins! that is a must, but maybe with even more slaves- err prostitutes- err Pokemon for sale

FRUiTY-DiNO

Fairy Trainer
I want the odd egg so bad!!! Getting a shiny Smoochum >Jynx is my wet dream XD

SilverMorty

Like FRLG, I want some of the Old TMS back as move tutors

I enjoyed giving Arcanine Dragonbreath and my Flying types Mud Slap for those Rock types lol

swalot=yes

<-Get in ma bella!
I'd really like to see the poke'gear or whatever it's called being incorporated into the dp pokewatch thing. Like the phone and the radio are apps or something. I would also like it if instead of adding kanto, they just improve upon johto. I'm also really hoping that I'll still be able to battle Red in Mt. Silver. I don't want them to change it to Ash, which i'm sure Nintendo will because the little kids that this game is marketed to will probably not know who Red is. I would also like to see the red gyarados, so that I can use a normal blue gyarados, then my gyarados would be unique!

Last edited:

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
I want the ability to play the full game with the old skin as an unlockable. Or the first time you enter a new area that appeared on the originals, it shows this flashback thing with all the old graphics with a brief run through the entire map which then cross fades into the next gen graphics.

I still prefer the unlockable Oldey skin.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I'm hoping they keep all the features of G/S. I loved the radio and the phone. I enjoyed my trainer friends calling me(even though whenever they'd call me for a battle, I'd always forget where they are). I also want to be able to see my Pokemon in the daycare again.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
-I want the Poketch to be in it and have apps from the Pokegear.. Radio, Telephone, etc.. Although I did get annoyed when SCHOOL GIRL LINDA would call me and tell me her Psyduck beat a Rattata today....thanks. SO WANTED TO KNOW THAT! lol..

-Apricorns will be in, but probably will work with the new special balls, (quick, dusk, timer..etc).

- Mom saving money/ buying things. I loved this. Hopes its back and she doesn't just give you an amulet coin or something.

- Odd egg and Shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage. I loved both of these. Obviously there will be too many Shiny Gyarados on wi-fi.. but whatever.

- Kanto is needed and will most likely be in. No excuse not to add it. I'd love to see what happens a few years after Fire Red/ Leaf Green.

- Also I know they are mainly things from R/S/E, but I'd like a contest hall and Secret bases to return.

-Also they should make a Mystery gift option or something like it in the union room, so you can do that daily and get random gifts. I dunno if that would work though.

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
Oh, yes, I would LOVE for the Pokégear Phone to make a comeback. Particularly the people who give you evolution stones every now and then. That is sooo handy. The 'bank of Mom', which MAY or MAY NOT have been Crystal Exclusive, was also particularly handy. Mostly when a complete noob like myself was going up against the E4 in order to gain EXP so that later on the REAL league challenge could commence. *giggles*

Apricorns and their free Pokéballs are a must, though, as well as bringing back the tiny little Headbutt trees. (finding a sleeping Pineco>finding an awake Pineco)

Basically, what other people have said. You know, the Day of the Week family, the other various daily events. Arceus, I hated the Crystal battle tower, though... Could never get past my first opponent, and seeing as it was always the same lineup every single time, I never won anything. (horray for new and improved RS/DP battle tower)

Apricorn balls were pretty cool and effective. I hope at least some of those come back. The Bug Catching contest could use a revamp with new Pokemon too (like Yanma and Heracross). Headbutting trees with new Pokemon available... More Pokemon with special moves given away by ingame people. Like the Extreme Speed Dratini and Dizzy Punch baby Pokemon that hatched...

Isao

Pokémon Breeder
-New clothes for the main characters. After reading all of Pokémon Special manga, I'm tired of seeing Gold in those clothes.
-Obviously, playing as a female (Crystal)
-Possibly a chance at playing as Silver instead of Gold (I dunno. Each game aside from RS, I've always wanted to play as the rival i.e. Blue, Silver, Barry)
-A more in-depth look at Silver's history instead of just being a mean thief who stole a starter Pokémon and only likes "strong" Pokémon
-Definitely the Togepi egg. I always used it on my Pokémon team.
-The Odd Egg at the Daycare center. The idea of having a Pokémon that won't be available 'til much later on in the game is very appealing.
-The PokéGear with calling, radio, and clock features. Possibly more added would be amazing
-Maybe some Gym Leaders a bit more difficult with higher leveled Pokémon
-The Bug Catching Contest
-The old Berry system. The newer berries (Sitrus, Oran, Nanab, etc.) can be found on dark spots on the ground like in FRLG.
-Apricots to get free Pokéballs from Kurt
-MysteryGift the way it used to be where we can get furniture and items for our houses
-Mom money saving feature
-Getting to capture both Ho-oh and Lugia
-Suicune, Raikou, and Entei roaming Johto
-Celebi event some time after the release of HGSS through MysteryGift, giving the player Celebi itself, or the GS Ball
-The Grooming Brothers and Daisy so it's easier to raise Pokémon Happiness.
-Swarms. I don't remember how prominent of a feature this was back in the day. I do however remember getting calls from trainers saying that Pokémon like Marill and Quilfish were being found in abundance.
-The siblings who give away type boosting items.
-The Dragon Den with the possibility of getting a Extremespeed Dratini.
-Re-battling gym leaders.
-More difficult Elite 4 - both in Johto and Kanto.
-More in-depth on the storyline with Team Rocket
-SAFARI ZONE IN FUCHSIA CITY - Very important since the one that was supposed to be in GSC never made it
-More Pokémon around Mt. Silver
-VS. Seeker
-Battle Tower from Crystal. Maybe more expanded?

And that's all that I can think of on the top of my head.

I'd love to see the return of the Bug Catching Contest, and the Pokemon you can find in it. I'd like to see all the bug Pokémon in it, even Scizor! :D

Ultima0071

Pokemon Collector
I don't know if this would count as an old feature or not, but if it is, then I'd really like to see them keep the old color schemes. I loved how the world just felt and looked dark, compared to how in newer games they have been making the world bright and sunny. I just liked how the graphics gave it a dark look.

I'd also like to see them keep the headbutt thing over the honey trees, as some others said. I liked head-butting trees.

Agreed! One of my favorite parts of the game was just the color scheme!

CrystalDepths

Jack Of All Trades
Extremespeed Dratini is the one thing I want above everything. This would demolish the current metagame, but whatever. It would be worth it. Who knows? Dragonite might become more used than Salamence, and may i dar mention becoming Ubers? anyway thats beside the point. This isnt a metagame thread. But yeah, Extremespeed Dratini. Fo Sho.

Oh, and I've been playing Silver, and I realized all the town routes, etc. are extremely tiny. I mean, it takes like ten minutes to walk around the entire johto region. They really need to expand it ALOT. I think its gonna be a huge revamp of tilesets and such.

KIMONO GIRLS!!! Gotta love 'em. They better come back.

theschmizz

Silver Trainer
-I wanna see giovanni make an appearance in the game, maybe as a good guy.
-The elemental punches as tms were awesome. I loved gsc's tm set.
-Eusine.
-The elite four should go up to about lv55. And kanto leaders to about 70.
-make kanto longer. I could finish that place in 3 hours.
-Headbutting trees.
-easier to find elemental stones.
-Battling trainers on the ss aqua.

Status
Not open for further replies.