• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What old features do you want to stay in HGSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Hmm, I'd like to see:
-The Sudowoodo thing. With the watering pail.
-The bug catching contest (i loved that).
-All 3 legendaries as runners, with the Poketch to help.
-DEFINITELY being able to go back to Kanto.

cant think of others right now.

shinylover24

I've always wanted back the feature where you can send money home to your mom :) I was sad when that wasn't included in ruby/sapphire 'cause I used it SO much in my crystal version! It gave me a reason to go back to my hometown. Hm I guess I would also like the radio station in goldenrod, like where you can listen to buena's password and stuff 'cause that was fun waiting til 6 everyday to collect points for rare candies (though I doubt it'll be included...) the train in goldenrod was also kinda unique since they don't have anything like that anymore. FINALLY I would love the bug catching contest (also near goldenrod...I spent most of my time there lol) because I think I would do loads better now than I used to tehe.

GamerSonic

The Bug Catching Contest
Sudowodo still blocking the Road
Kanto
Pokegear
The use of Kurt

hevver

Heart of Darkness
It's confirmed that we will, in fact, have
Kanto in the remake. So I guess that's
one of many more that we can cross out
of the "want list."

_Kaji_

I'd like:
-Eusine to be kept and battled more then once.
-an expanded Goldenrod Underground
-Mom keeping money
-Ability to see the Kanto badges
-Return of the Safari Zone and the zoo outside it (maybe even expand it).
-Raise levels.(Especially for the Kanto gym leaders, they should be stronger then the Elite 4)
-Ability to challenge the leaders again.

Dean

Wonder of Thunder!
I'm hoping for alot of old features, but if you think about some of the things from D/P/Pt are similar to G/S/C things:

- Honey Trees is similar to headbutting trees. Even Pokemon are the same, like Aipom and Heracross.
- Some of Kurt's Poke Balls are similar to other poke balls. The Quick Ball and Fast Ball. Level Ball and Nest Ball. Lure Ball and Dive Ball. Luxury Ball and Love Ball.

Even though Apricorns will most likely not return, I'm hoping they do. I think it should be turned into a mini game on the touch screen, although they've done alot with the touch screen already. Maybe if it was a mini game, it wouldn't take 1 day to make.

Due to the fact the DS has a clock and calendar, Time events are bound to happen. The Bug-Catching Contest is what I'm really hoping for. I always had fun with that. Lapras will probably return to catch every Friday. I'm hoping for more things like the Lapras thing, like maybe getting a random Pokemon egg from the daycare on Sunday.

I hope that the Safari Zone can be accessed in Kanto. Maybe some Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon there, like Carnivine and Tropius.

pocketmunster

munster in my pocket
Ohh yeah I forgot that Kanto was confirmed.
I love how people claimed it was sooo impossible because how HUGE map data is. I laugh at you now!

This shall be the greatest game EVER.

Last edited:

Jackintosh

I would personally like if nintendo kept the headbutt trees. Those where AWSOME!
I wish they would keep the retro GBC tiles....Ahhhh, Good ol' days.

the soul of silver

The Hero of Johto
headbutting trees
apricorn balls
bug catching contest
celebi event ;251; (for America this time though!)
not really a return but, having the safari zone open this time
walk in daycare
radio
battle with red
odd egg
red garydos
pokemon sprite animation
sudowoodo blocking the road above goldenrod
all the pokegear apps
extremespeed dratini
ability to battle with silver on certain days of the week
crystal dragon den
crystal ruins of alph
all the legendary gerbils running around
version mascot flying around in title screen

thats all i can think of right now

ElectricRat

Back off!
I would like for apricorns to come back at least in some form. Even if you had to plant and water them like you do berries from Gen III onward, that would be cool. Yeah, you can buy the equivalent of most the balls made from apricorns in Gen II from stores in Gen III and IV. However, there are some you can't buy from what I can tell. Wouldn't it be nice to have Luxury Balls? Also, the balls you can catch heavier Pokémon easier with. The latter doesn't exist at all in Gen III and IV.

Last edited:

Rabidmunchlax

^ hey, don't complain about not getting events in teh US
Try living in Europe, we don't get any events

I would like for apricorns to come back at least in some form. Even if you had to plant and water them like you do berries from Gen III onward, that would be cool. Yeah, you can buy the equivalent of most the balls made from apricorns in Gen II from stores in Gen III and IV. However, there are some you can't buy from what I can tell. Wouldn't it be nice to have Cherish Balls? Also, the balls you can catch heavier Pokémon easier with. The latter doesn't exist at all in Gen III and IV.
No, it wouldn't be nice to have Cherish Balls because it'll be that much easier to pass off hacked Pokemon.

ElectricRat

Back off!
No, it wouldn't be nice to have Cherish Balls because it'll be that much easier to pass off hacked Pokemon.

Oh... sorry. I meant luxury balls. :\

Also I'd like the headbutting trees and the radio to come back. Moreover, I forgot that you can buy luxury balls in the Gen IV games. Still there's no equivalent of the Heavy Ball and Apricorns would be a good solution for that.

Last edited:
~Going back to Kanto

~Bug catching contest

~Less event Pokes

All I can think of for now.

Protoman EXE

Aegis Shield Up!!!
I would like the magnet train to stay,
The bug catching contest to stay, and
The radio show so you can get rare candies.

And that is all i can think of off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.