• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What old features do you want to stay in HGSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metallica

I'd like to see Team Rocket make a comeback. Maybe instead of taking over a radio tower(what was that gonna do for them?) maybe their goal of the game is the capture of lugia or ho-oh.

I'd like to see Team Rocket make a comeback. Maybe instead of taking over a radio tower(what was that gonna do for them?) maybe their goal of the game is the capture of lugia or ho-oh.
O_O

Team Rocket IS coming back, and the Radio Tower plot is as well.

pokemaster001

O_O

Team Rocket IS coming back, and the Radio Tower plot is as well.
well, everyone else said something that was almost guaranteed to come back, so why point out this one

DSDark

Breeder
same music: the music of gold and silver made the games, it was perfect. They need to either keep the same music or slightly remix it but new music would be wrong

xX-LUGIA-Xx

A world of colour...
Personally, I want the Headbutting trees to stay over Honey Trees because they were such a huge pain, and it was kind of neat to give a somewhat-useless move a field purpose. I would also love it if the Odd Egg from Crystal came back, with the special move and chance of shinies.

OMG HEADBUTTING TREES! That'd be awesome if they brought that back. I loved knocking sleeping Pokemon out of trees. And I hope they include a wider variety of Pokemon that fall out of the trees, rather than just a few.

And I think that there should be a better chance of finding shinies. As far as I know, you have a 1/8192 chance of finding a shiny, and even with the PokeRadar, you still don't get boxfuls of them every now and then. And make the shinies stronger like before. I remember that shinies had slightly increased stats in the old games.

And the red Gyarados...they HAVE to keep that...

'ReTr0-KaBuKi-PaNDa'

Everyone seems keen to have the apricorns' back, I don't particually care but i've got to admit that i'd love them to return x)

...[Picture Link]

...If you look, You can see that Apricorn Trees' look as though they are still present!- Those three trees' below Ecruteak are still as they were in the original, Fingers-Crossed people x)

I posted this previously last month when I found what seemed to be Apricorn Trees' in Official Artwork for HeartGold & SoulSilver.

I'd just thought I update you on it, because what I found & thought is truth...Apricorns' are Back!! x)

The Newest Footage released on the Official Japanese Pokemon Website has shown a clip of an Apricorn Tree featuring a Purple Apricorn on it!! x)
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/special/movie.html

Last edited:

ijea4444

OMG HEADBUTTING TREES! That'd be awesome if they brought that back. I loved knocking sleeping Pokemon out of trees. And I hope they include a wider variety of Pokemon that fall out of the trees, rather than just a few.

And I think that there should be a better chance of finding shinies. As far as I know, you have a 1/8192 chance of finding a shiny, and even with the PokeRadar, you still don't get boxfuls of them every now and then. And make the shinies stronger like before. I remember that shinies had slightly increased stats in the old games.

And the red Gyarados...they HAVE to keep that...
If there was a lot of shinies they'd lose their value. Like how aluminum cost more than gold once, but once it became more readily available, it was in almost every household's cabinet. And lost its value.

[AceAussie]

Awaiting October.
Well their are quite a few things i'd love to see.
-Headbutt trees as well as Honey tree's, both would attract different pokemon, just don't ditch the headbutt trees.
-Magnet Train
-Weekly Events (Bug catching contest, maybe add a fishing contest)
-Odd egg
-Red Gyrados
-Ability to catch both Lugia and Ho-oh in the games
-Radio and phone on the PokeGear
-Apricot balls
-Kanto (Don't know it thats confirmed :S)

Apollochan

I'm really curious as to how they are going to handle the Apricorns... If they use the old balls, I wonder how it will react when a Pokemon inside one is traded to D/P/Pt. If they simply update them to the new ones, I think that could fit better in the story.

Either way, I'm really glad they are keeping them. I really liked the very traditional/historical feel of the Johto region in the original games, and I think the story about how the apricorns were used before pokeballs had been invented adds a nice detail.

Dragon Houou

ドラゴントレーナー
same music: the music of gold and silver made the games, it was perfect. They need to either keep the same music or slightly remix it but new music would be wrong

I agree. They should keep it close to it's original counter-part like you said. Remixing isn't bad but I just hope that they don't over do it.

Yes they should keep the same music with a bit of a remix

o_0

Herbalist
I'd much rather get the odd egg than the same Togepi. They just gave us one in Platinum. But by the looks of it, you probably get it as shown in the Pokedex image, as it seems to be at a point very early in the game.

Armored Zangoose

I'd much rather get the odd egg than the same Togepi. They just gave us one in Platinum. But by the looks of it, you probably get it as shown in the Pokedex image, as it seems to be at a point very early in the game.

I have to agree, I'd rather have the Odd Egg than Togepi Egg. Even without the increased shiny chance, I'd rather the Odd Egg replaced it than wasn't in at all. But I still want the Togepi Egg.

-Togepi Egg
-Odd Egg
-Buena's Password
-Crystal Suicune Subplot(I know it'll never happen)
-Headbutt Trees
-Apricorns(Without the one-per-day)
-Everything

[AceAussie];9981564 said:
Well their are quite a few things i'd love to see.
-Headbutt trees as well as Honey tree's, both would attract different pokemon, just don't ditch the headbutt trees.
-Magnet Train
-Weekly Events (Bug catching contest, maybe add a fishing contest)
-Odd egg
-Red Gyrados
-Ability to catch both Lugia and Ho-oh in the games
-Radio and phone on the PokeGear
-Apricot balls
-Kanto (Don't know it thats confirmed :S)
Yes, Kanto is in this game, as well as Magnet Train, Red Gyarados, and catching both Lugia and Ho-Oh. Everything else is unconfirmed.

CharizardFire6

Charizard Trainer

You get the Togepi egg in Violet City.

That's a lot sooner than the Odd Egg.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk

They wanted to give Giovanni a shout out threw the radio duh.

Somthing small, but I hope they keep the effects of the Pokemon March, and Pokemon Lullaby when you listen to them on the radio. That they increase or decrease the chane of encountering wild pokemon.

ijea4444

I have to agree, I'd rather have the Odd Egg than Togepi Egg. Even without the increased shiny chance, I'd rather the Odd Egg replaced it than wasn't in at all. But I still want the Togepi Egg.

-Togepi Egg
-Odd Egg
-Buena's Password
-Crystal Suicune Subplot(I know it'll never happen)
-Headbutt Trees
-Apricorns(Without the one-per-day)
-Everything

In Crystal it allowed to give multiple apricorns at once end then recieve multiple balls in return, in one day. And it seems as if you are asking for crystal features.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
In Crystal it allowed to give multiple apricorns at once end then recieve multiple balls in return, in one day. And it seems as if you are asking for crystal features.

Why can't GSDS have Crystal features? Besides the Suicune plot ( the ledge were you see Suicune in Cianwood City is there btw ) I don't see why not add Crystle features. Also the Seers house is also in Cianwood City another Crystle feature.

Why can't GSDS .

It's not GSDS, it's HG/SS.

Why can't GSDS have Crystal features? Besides the Suicune plot ( the ledge were you see Suicune in Cianwood City is there btw ) I don't see why not add Crystle features. Also the Seers house is also in Cianwood City another Crystle feature

Although it does have a few Crystal features in it, such as the female character, and what can be seen from the screenshots, the ledge where the suicune event took place and the seers house. Don't expect everything to be like Crystal just because that was the improved version.

Although having Eusine would be cool, the story would sway to focus on Suicune instead of Ho-Oh and Lugia.

Status
Not open for further replies.