• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What other forms of relationships should be allowed?

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
And neither do you.
Pretty sure I do...

Don't say that it was made by James Cameron, because you're about to make this really easy for me if you do....
Actually no...

darkcharizard58

And neither do you.

Don't say that it was made by James Cameron, because you're about to make this really easy for me if you do....

God if hes talking about Avatar then... wow... yeah thats all i can say really

EDIT: Oh he wasnt

legendarypokemonmaster

The guess part makes it sound like he be trollin'

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
Pretty sure I do...
That's called special pleading, Tim. I understand that it may not be as easy to think clearly when you're drunk, but that's no excuse to turn sweeping generalizations into absolute statements.

Actually no...
It was Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, wasn't it?

Seriously, if you're not talking about Avatar, I have no clue. I'm not really up on movies so I would appreciate your telling me what the movie was.

But I did find out that some Christians in America thought that there were hints of/implied bestiality in Avatar....

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
I understand that it may not be as easy to think clearly when you're drunk, but that's no excuse to turn sweeping generalizations into absolute statements.
It's absolute in the sense that no one protested the film I'm referring to, that undeniably featured interspecies romance, but plenty of people did protest the TV series that showed a single gay kiss.

I mean, personally I think both are acceptable, but it's interesting that one gets so much more coverage than the other.

It was Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, wasn't it?
Oh god, no. That scene was retarded, but that's not what I was thinking about.

I mean this:
http://www.scifimoviepage.com/upcoming/photos/startrek11/star_trek-newposter3.jpg

legendarypokemonmaster

What happened in that movie?

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
It's absolute in the sense that no one protested the film I'm referring to, that undeniably featured interspecies romance, but plenty of people did protest the TV series that showed a single gay kiss.
You strongly implied that not a single person in the American Christian right even complained, not that they didn't protest. Which one is your real opinion?

I mean, personally I think both are acceptable, but it's interesting that one gets so much more coverage than the other.
Could it be that there are more people trying to make homosexuality main-stream?

Oh god, no. That scene was retarded, but that's not what I was thinking about.

I mean this:
http://www.scifimoviepage.com/upcoming/photos/startrek11/star_trek-newposter3.jpg
While I didn't find any instances of reviewers going ape, I did find Christian reviewers that mentioned it. And one of the reviews was on one of the leading Christian sites that review movies (Focus on the Family).

http://www.pluggedin.com/videos/2009/q4/startrek.aspx

http://www.capalert.com/capreports/startrek2009.htm

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
You strongly implied that not a single person in the American Christian right even complained, not that they didn't protest. Which one is your real opinion?
One was apparently news worthy, the other... not so much.

Could it be that there are more people trying to make homosexuality main-stream?
Please, for your own sake, never ever visit furaffinity.

While I didn't find any instances of reviewers going ape, I did find Christian reviewers that mentioned it. And one of the reviews was on one of the leading Christian sites that review movies (Focus on the Family).
See this is the point. Yeah it gets mentioned, that doesn't surprise me. But why do you guys go ape over two humans making out on a TV show (ape enough to get a spot on Fox News) and only mention in passing interspecies romance and what is essentially bestiality? Saying that one is trying to become more mainstream sounds like a pathetic excuse, since when has relative acceptance made much of an impact? Since when have you guys really given a toss about how accepted a thing is before you started hating it?

darkcharizard58

Bro Im Christian and i had no problem with the scene in Star Trek. First off she was humanoid, it wasnt like he was screwing a horse or something. Second she was kinda hot

darkcharizard58

Yeah but i dont have a problem with gay people so yeah...

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
What do you think of Tim's central point though, SS? Should Star Trek have recieved more "protest"? Only one of the links seemed to really take potent offense with the interspecies relation, and it was routine and systematic, not a part of a campaign. The other mentioned a "joke about beastiality" but seemed to wave it away as a decent movie nonetheless. If this is proportionate reaction to a small controversy such as beastiality compared to the more vast and active controversy of gay rights, then doesn't the reaction toward beastiality seem lukewarm comparatively?

It is sad when people aren't sensitive toward Christians, but that's kind of a tangent. : /

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Do you know what really gets me about the Christian right in America? A TV series features a gay kiss, and every single person in the movement goes apeshit, but a major film- one of the biggest releases of 2009- comes out with blatant bestiality and not a single person in the Christian right gives a single shit about it. Talk about hypocrisy!
I watched a lot of movies in 2009... what movie are you talking about? Could it be "Splice" I' don't think that got critical acclaim!

Last edited:
See this is the point. Yeah it gets mentioned, that doesn't surprise me. But why do you guys go ape over two humans making out on a TV show (ape enough to get a spot on Fox News) and only mention in passing interspecies romance and what is essentially bestiality? Saying that one is trying to become more mainstream sounds like a pathetic excuse, since when has relative acceptance made much of an impact? Since when have you guys really given a toss about how accepted a thing is before you started hating it?
Note the emphasis added. That means you've moved the goalpost. You see, to call that bestiality is barely even accurate. There have been people who would call inter-ethnic marriage bestiality...but they are wrong. The whole issue of human-alien relationships, while kinda interesting to contemplate, does not exist as a moral issue in the real world. Probably the biggest reason why that isn't as big of a problem is because most people aren't sure that is bestiality.

To turn to your statement SunnyC, ShinySandshrew and I were talking with each other while he was posting, so I can say with reasonable certainty that my above answer is at least a reasonable approximation of his answer.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Note the emphasis added. That means you've moved the goalpost. You see, to call that bestiality is barely even accurate. There have been people who would call inter-ethnic marriage bestiality...but they are wrong. The whole issue of human-alien relationships, while kinda interesting to contemplate, does not exist as a moral issue in the real world. Probably the biggest reason why that isn't as big of a problem is because most people aren't sure that is bestiality.
You're right, as I said earlier, I was a bit drunk at the time of writing so I wasn't really firing on full... but the point is actually little different. It's not as if two gay guys marrying is anywhere close to bestiality either. My point is that one would think that if two guys marrying offends you so much, you'd be just as disturbed by inter-species romance as well. Surely enough to protest it?

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
You're right, as I said earlier, I was a bit drunk at the time of writing so I wasn't really firing on full... but the point is actually little different. It's not as if two gay guys marrying is anywhere close to bestiality either. My point is that one would think that if two guys marrying offends you so much, you'd be just as disturbed by inter-species romance as well. Surely enough to protest it?
And so would inter-racial which would be more the Hollywood issue due to Vulcans being a race and all. :)

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
And so would inter-racial which would be more the Hollywood issue due to Vulcans being a race and all.
Vulcans are a separate species...

Also, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Hm, that's a good point, it is Sci Fi, and they are both sentient humanoid species that talk. It is easier to see it as an interracial relationship than an interspecies one. I can live with that explanation.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
Hm, that's a good point, it is Sci Fi, and they are both sentient humanoid species that talk. It is easier to see it as an interracial relationship than an interspecies one. I can live with that explanation.
It would only be a good point if gay people turned out not to be sentient humanoids who can talk.