• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What other spinoff Pokémon games would you like to see sequels or followups to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
For me, that would be Pokémon Pinball. The original Pokémon Pinball, on the Game Boy, was part of my segue into real life pinball, and now I participate in tournaments as a ranked player on the IFPA (International Flipper Pinball Association)...COVID-19 notwithstanding.

We haven't had one since R/S on the Game Boy Advance though. I'd like to see them make a new Pokémon Pinball game, considering virtual pinball has been on the rise since the mid-2010s, and they now have the processing power on Nintendo systems to replicate real world pinball physics. If Jupiter isn't around to make it, Zen Studios would likely make a very good one, as they've been one of the most prolific virtual pinball companies in the world (though their designs are samey-samey to me).

What side games would you like to see that they haven't made in a while Or even if they've made one recently, if you'd like to see more from them?

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Either a re release of Pokemon Colosseum and XD or some kind of sequel to them. I miss the slightly darker tone.

Moved the thread to the spinoff board, since it kind of fits better there.

Great idea for a thread.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Either a re release of Pokemon Colosseum and XD or some kind of sequel to them. I miss the slightly darker tone.

Moved the thread to the spinoff board, since it kind of fits better there.

Great idea for a thread.

Thanks, I forgot about this section.

I do actually rather miss the Orre games myself. I think about them from time to time, not just because of the darker setting and the higher difficulty, but because it's still the only region in the entire franchise, to my knowledge, to be predominantly desert.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I always felt that the Pokemon Ranger franchise deserved a few more installments. I wanted a fourth Pokemon Ranger game for the Nintendo 3DS, but that didn't happen. I highly doubt that Nintendo will revisit the idea in the future, so it's a shame that we only got three installments.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Everyone wants a sequel or a remake of Pokémon Snap. I think it got a virtual re-release on the Wii, but the Camera function in Pokémon Go comes pretty close. :p

I'd also love to see a 3D Pokémon fighting game on the Switch in the spirit of Stadium and Stadium 2. The possibilities could be endless; you could transfer your team from Let's Go, Sword/Shield, Bank or Home and use them in game, or you could choose to rent one of the nearly 900 Pokémon now in Gen 8. I'd love to see some new mini games as well, as well as remakes of the classics like Clefairy Says, Scyther Log Cut and the Lickitung Sushi Roller.

Oh yes, and sequels to Colosseum and XD, too. :D

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
A new version of Snap is coming out on the Switch. Game Freak talked about it earlier this year.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think a new Pokémon TCG RPG would be fun to have. And for a longer lifespan, Internet updates with the latest sets as they get released. They could even implement online card battles and have a new VGC tournament to go along with it. And there would be three difficulty settings that you could change at any time outside of a battle being Beginner for the easiest setting which is perfect for those who have never played the TCG before and would like to learn and the NPCs use decks that don’t use Abilities or attacks that require specific conditions to be met for additional effects that often and special Pokémon cards like GMax aren’t used by any of the except for the major story NPCs like Club Leaders and the final Champion match, Normal for regular game play, and Master for harder gameplay and the AI will pick up on your strategy in a battle and adapt itself to try and counter you and uses Abilities and attacks that have specific conditions to be met for certain effects to occur more often and is very aggressive in taking advantage of them.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I think a new Pokémon TCG RPG would be fun to have. And for a longer lifespan, Internet updates with the latest sets as they get released. They could even implement online card battles and have a new VGC tournament to go along with it. And there would be three difficulty settings that you could change at any time outside of a battle being Beginner for the easiest setting which is perfect for those who have never played the TCG before and would like to learn and the NPCs use decks that don’t use Abilities or attacks that require specific conditions to be met for additional effects that often and special Pokémon cards like GMax aren’t used by any of the except for the major story NPCs like Club Leaders and the final Champion match, Normal for regular game play, and Master for harder gameplay and the AI will pick up on your strategy in a battle and adapt itself to try and counter you and uses Abilities and attacks that have specific conditions to be met for certain effects to occur more often and is very aggressive in taking advantage of them.

Don't they have the online TCG game?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'd like to see a sequel or spiritual successor to Pokepark, following more from 2 than 1. A lot of people have been begging for Pokemon to go ARPG, and 2 pretty much is one. It's got the open world exploration, it's got the real time battling, this is a pretty good foundation for the kind of game those people are looking for. Just make the game bigger, add more playable Pokemon, create more content, and maybe work in Pokken's battling and competitive scene and you've got yourself a winner.

Beyond that, I'd like to see a new Mystery Dungeon game and a remake of the Explorers games, and a new game in the Colosseum/XD series.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Don't they have the online TCG game?
Yes but that isn’t much fun in my opinion. I’m talking about a new 3D RPG involving the TCG on the Switch and have an adventure similar to the GB game but in a bigger environment where you can find some rare cards exclusive to the game randomly on the ground as if someone accidentally dropped them and thought of the cards as being lost. For example, you could find one stick out of a trash can inside a building and then find another stuck in a tree. You could also find new Coins on the ground and change the design of the flip coin if you find a new one.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
A third Shadow game.
Snap finally getting a sequel restored my hope of one happening, I always loved Shadow Pokemon! I'd love it if we got more Shadow Lugia/Mewtwo-esque Pokemon

Another Ranger game would be dope too but I've basically gave up hope on that

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
A new PMD that is completely original would be nice if they stuck to the first couple of entries in the series but used 3D models. Gates to Infinity was a horrible mistake that should never be repeated but the art style and 3D modeling do deserve to stay especially with interactive objects outside of Dungeons. I don’t mind knocking over trees to get across a gap but please do not make the very first boss of the game incredibly frustrating to defeat. We don’t want to fight a Boss that is so ridiculously strong after an hour of starting a new game and barely getting used to the controls and battle mechanics that it takes another two hours to defeat said boss after numerous knock outs caused b6 the boss just to progress in the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.