• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What party did you use against Team RR

jskylinegtr

Sabine Cerrado and Angela Ken Rojas fan.
What party did you use to beat the previous antagonists in Episode RR?
I used:
Dawn Wings Necrozma (to defeat the Grunts)
Mewtwo (Mega Mewtwo X) (to defeat Giovanni)
Kyogre (Primal Kyogre) (to defeat Maxie and Archie)
Dialga (to defeat Cyrus)
Zekrom (to defeat Ghetsis)
Xerneas (to defeat Lysandre)

raichu27

Seems like you've been using all legendaries.

I've been using Glaceon, Primeape, Salazzle, Decidueye, Naganadel, and Lycanroc (Dusk Form) for all of them.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I don't remember my entire party but I can distinctly recall Ash-Greninja, Pheromosa, and Dusk Mane Necrozma.

I also think I had an egg in there so it could have Team RR Headquarters as its place of birth.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
The same party I used for the rest of the game.

I had an Incineroar, named Mike Haggar; a Mudsdale, named Dorrie; a Lurantis, named Weaver; a Minior, named Duster; a Mimikyu, named Rikka-chan; and a Bruxish, named Vaporwave.

I kept my Incineroar in the lead for the entire quest.

Kage-Pikachu

I used Primarina, Mimikyu, (Dusk) Lycanrock, Salazzle, Lurantis, and Kommo'o against the leaders, for the grunts I used Ribombee, Oricorio, Crabominable, (Alolan) Ninetals, Vikavolt, and Toxapex to get in some exp.

hoaujudaiyubel

I don't remember the entire team but I do remember on ultra moon I tried to solo RR with my infernape. almost worked, he lost to 3 legandarys but otherwise succeeded. On ultra sun I used a whole team of uber legandarys.

Aquarelle

Staff member
On both of my games, I just used my main team members like I usually do for evil team battles:

Ultra Moon - Incineroar, Lapras, Comfey, Lurantis, Oricorio (Pa'u), Ambipom
Ultra Sun - Mimikyu, Salazzle, Bewear, Gorebyss, Ariados, Slurpuff

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
I used my ultra sun play through team which consists of :
Alakazam (Chosen One)
Blastoise (Tank)
Charizard (Megazard)
Snorlax (Obeast)
Krookodile (Killer Krok)
Zoroark (Psyche)

Last edited:

jskylinegtr

In Ultra Sun, i used:
Lucario, Garchomp, Metagross, Salamence, Scizor, Tyranitar, Gyarados and Gengar as my main Pokemon
I only brought 5 of them for each run to a boss, and kept shuffling between the 8 Pokemon i used after beating an evil boss, the 6th slot was used instead for a Legendary (using each Primal Hoenn Legend against Maxie and Archie, then using the opposite legendary against the other evil leaders).
For Giovanni, i used Scizor, Metagross, Garchomp and Tyranitar against his Ground types, then used Mega Mewtwo Y against his Mega Mewtwo X.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Ultra Sun: Decidueye, Espeon, Mudsdale, Ampharos, Milotic, and Scrafty
Ultra Moon: Primarina, Hawlucha, Tsareena, Salazzle, Dusk-form Lycanroc, and Vikavolt

jskylinegtr

So, i used Reshiram and Mega Garchomp against Ghetsis in Ultra Sun, while Zekrom in Ultra Moon
Cyrus, i used Mega Lucario against him in Ultra Sun, except for Dialga, where i used Palkia instead, in Ultra Moon, used only Dialga
Lysandre in Ultra Sun, used Garchomp, Lucario, Mega Gyarados and Yveltal in Ultra Sun/Used only Xerneas in Ultra Moon
Against Ghetsis, a Devastating Drake from Reshiram knocked out his Zekrom, while Lysandre's Xerneas was knocked out by a Supersonic Skystrike of Yveltal.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Primarina, Alolan Ninetales, Tsareena, Lopunny, Espeon and Mimikyu in Ultra Moon.

M.P.

Retired
I just used the same team as in the rest of the game: Incineroar, Gengar, Araquanid, Lurantis, Alolan Golem and Flygon.

jskylinegtr

To be exact on the Pokemon i used in Ultra Sun, i exactly just brought 5 of the following
Lucario, Garchomp, Metagross, Salamence, Scizor, Tyranitar, Gengar and Gyarados, and saved the 6th slot for the Legendary to use.
I simply used the same legendary as the Hoenn evil leaders with their Primal Reversion, while for the remaining leaders, used the opposite legendary against them, and for Giovanni, used Mewtwo with the opposite Mega Stone.
So, for example, for fighting Ghetsis in Episode RR, i brought 5 of my regular Mega Evolution themed team, and used the last slot for Reshiram.

raichu27

Got to use these Pokemon against Giovanni:

Naganadel LV. 69
(Alolan) Marowak LV. 69
Glaceon LV. 71
Lycanroc (Dusk Form) LV. 70
Primeape LV. 71
Decidueye LV. 73

Got to finish off Mega Mewtwo X with Decidueye.

Indraastra

I used:
Primarina
A-Raichu
Garchomp
Tyranitar
Infernape
Decidueye
They were all in the 70s I think at the time.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I used the same party I used to defeat the Elite Four the first time. So I used:

-Primarina
-Vikavolt
-Toucannon
-Alolan Ninetales
-Dusk Form Lycanroc
-Sylveon

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
I just sweeped through with Ultra Necrozma to send these yahoos back to their own dimension

Or maybe erase them from existence by constantly plunging Alola into darkness and then nuking them with the light of Alola

My player character was a bit of a psychopath

JohnLynch

Same as the rest of the game for Ultra Sun:
* Primarina (starter obviously)
* Magneton - This is the second time I've used this in my party, with Black being the other time. However that must have been post game based on my understanding of Pokemon Black Pokemon availability. This time Magneton was used for the majority of the game.
* Murkrow - He was gotten relatively early in the game. Disappointed he never evolved (I only just learned it was because he requires a stone. That gets me every single time, including Growlithe in FireRed).
* Rhibombee - Pretty sure I got Cutiefly on the first island. She was never really powerful but I never had a significant reason to swap her out.
* Haurwacha (bird fighter named Cha) - Loved this one because it looked like the bird race from Zelda.
* Alolan Dugtrio - I don't think I ever got to use diglet in the past. To be honest the pairing was quite poor but I loved the ridiculous mullet.

Not an optimal party, but it's gotten me through the game and was fun to use. Mega Mewtwo X was tough. Primarina could OHK Mewtwo and withstand a single hit from Mewtwo, but she flinched which meant she got knocked out. I had to sacrifice the rest of the party and a max revive to take down Mewtwo. First real challenge for a long time.