• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What personality changes do you like from the anime? Dislike?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
The anime has a habit of changing personalities from the games. Most NPCs - gym leaders especially - aren't given in-depth characterization but we know enough to tell their personalities.

Guys like Jasmine and Cilan were given complete turnarounds in the anime; those two in particular went from shy and meek to very confident and outgoing.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I can't think of any I particularly disliked, really. Most of the time they end up more interesting because of the changes anyway. The games really don't have enough room to give even gym leaders much personality...

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I really liked Dento's change. While he's cute in-game the stammering would get annoying over time :x and he'd probably fall into the background somewhere with his meekness.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Jasmines changed was worst. In the games she was a shy and insecure girl. In the anime she just has a typical generic Johto filler girl personality. Even in DP she was dull.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
I like how they made Misty's personality more easier to tolerate in the end of Johto.

I don't like how they changed Team Rocket from being funny to no humar at all. Not only that but less appearances.

CliveKoopa

I like how Whitney was made more serious instead of the cry-baby she is in the games. Also I like how Sabrina was the "she-devil" in the anime, lol.

Jasmine personality was really good in the Johto series.In the DP series she was bland and boring with out hardly a personality.

Misty's personality was good throughout Johto to the very end.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I kind of thought that the anime before Best Wishes had a more serious note to it at times...I know in the first or second season (don't really remember which one) Ash walked out of his body and played around with Gengar and the other ghost pokemon for awhile...Brock thought he was dead. XD It was kind of spookey, but I liked it nonetheless. Now...eh, not so much.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
I have issues with many of the personality changes.

Elesa is one I'm not fond of at all. She's reserved and stoic in the games, but the very opposite in the anime. Also, I for one would have liked if Cilan was shy like in the games. It would have been interested to see how his personality would mingle with Ash's and Iris'.

Crimson Streak

Jasmine had no personality at all in Johto.

I agree, and I just watched a Johto episode on the Pokemon website with her in it. I would rather see her as more meek or shy simply because it would be very interesting considering her gym leader status might conflict with her personality, and that would prove to be a very interesting matchup.

One character that I niether liked nor disliked in the change from the anime and games/manga is Giovanni. He is much more power-hungry, arrogant, and greedy in the anime. Of course while he scores more points on being evil, he seems to take a less on-hands approach with fieldwork and in the anime drives things from the side-lines most of the time. And while the orange suit and persian spins him as both comical and cliche in some aspects, but he handles his mafioso persona quite well.

She did have a great personality but she seem to lost it in that DP episode she was in.

I agree, and I just watched a Johto episode on the Pokemon website with her in it. I would rather see her as more meek or shy simply because it would be very interesting considering her gym leader status might conflict with her personality, and that would prove to be a very interesting matchup.

Jasmine did have a personality in that Johto episode like being a tough girl,but she was really dull in that DP series episode.

One character that I niether liked nor disliked in the change from the anime and games/manga is Giovanni. He is much more power-hungry, arrogant, and greedy in the anime. Of course while he scores more points on being evil, he seems to take a less on-hands approach with fieldwork and in the anime drives things from the side-lines most of the time. And while the orange suit and persian spins him as both comical and cliche in some aspects, but he handles his mafioso persona quite well.

Last edited:

Nauran

Arguably, one-saga recurring characters have better development than the main characters.

Misty is a good exception to that, as well as May.

Both Gary and Paul went through gradual but believable change. They ended up being greatly respectable.

I don't know what's up with the writers. Either they keep employing new people or they're stuck in some sort of weak rut. With better decisions, we could have so many more likeable characters.

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
I like the change they made for May when she came to the Wallace Cup.

I don't like strength changes in Bianca in the show compared to the games. I get she's clumzie and a ditz but she was never a walking mat in the games. I had a hard time with the song of britch!

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I don't like strength changes in Bianca in the show compared to the games. I get she's clumzie and a ditz but she was never a walking mat in the games. I had a hard time with the song of britch!

She had a good run in the most recent Don Tournament, though. I think they just wanted to be able to show here improving over time more, which requires her to be weaker in the beginning.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥

She had a personality. We could tell she was the total opposite of her game version.

I don't like how the anime portrays Bianca. She's a female Barry.

Note, this thread is about game-to-anime changes not anime character development.

Status
Not open for further replies.