• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What places in the world would you like to visit

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
The main places that pique my interest for beauty are Ireland, Norway, New Zealand, and Australia. Perhaps also Maine.

However, for culture I would very much like to visit Spain, Japan, Germany, and a few other places I just discovered thanks to this thread. I would like to revisit the Louvre someday as well, since the only time I have been was many years ago and I did not have time to enjoy it for more than a few hours.

For living I am looking for positions in Alaska, Montana, and Washington in the U.S, due to their beauty and sub-culture.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
My main place of interest is Japan. I would like to explore as much major cities as possible, more than just Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Iceland. Iceland Iceland Iceland. Everything about it is awesome.

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
Heligoland, among other places. It was occupied by the British during WW2 and post war it was blown up in the biggest non nuclear explosion in the world (there's videos of it, this was done because there were enemy structures there).

Soon after though, it became part of Germany. Still, it's practically a separate country, so yeah, it does look like a gorgeous little island :)

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Germany, Tokyo, Lima in Peru, Switzerland, Komodo Island, Hawaii, NYC, Russia, and Southafrica

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Well I've always wanted to go to Japan. Not because of anime or video games mind you, but because of my keen interest in folklore and mythology, I'd love to be able to visit the shrines and try out some genuine sushi, too.

kittyguy2008

The Piano Man
I've always wanted to visit Canada and see Niagara Falls. I love the cold as well as nature and canada has an abundance of both

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'd love to go to Japan, the ruins of Pompeii, London, Athens, Rome, Vatican City, Venice, Switzerland, Vienna, Florence, Naples, Barcelona, Mandrid, Scotland, Australia, Hawaii, Las Vegas, Washington D.C., Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Palm Beach, the Caribbean islands, and South Korea.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
1. New Orleans
Though I've lived in the American south for a total of six years, I've never actually been to New Orleans. I must say, it's probably the only southern city I actually want to visit. I want to see the bayous firsthand (without getting killed by alligators) and see how the natives across the city live within their culture. Also, as someone of Vodun heritage, I've always wanted to visit Marie Laveau's grave site. She's the only known voodooo priestess in American history, so I feel it would be beneficial to see her grave and learn more about her straight from the people. And of course, I want that good Cajun food.

2. Japan - Tokyo & Kyoto
These two particular cities I've always wanted to visit, and for different reasons. Tokyo is pretty much the future in present time, as well as an amazing center of modern culture and fashion. I hope that in spite of my severely limited Japanese speech, and can learn more about the city and how Tokyo natives live. As for Kyoto, I've learned that there is a huge cultural history attached to the city, so I am very interested in checking it out and learning more. Also, I believe a lot of Pokémon Gold & Silver takes from Kyoto, so I'd love to visit the corresponding sites and learn about the actual history.

3. New York
I still haven't been to New York, even though I'm not all that far, being in Chicago. My older sister has had the fortune of visiting the city, so I wanna go too! I must clarify, though, I don't wanna visit just Manhattan. I want to explore all the boroughs and see the differences between the New York and Chicago.

4. Boston
Now, more than likely, if I go to New York, I'll end up exploring New England. However, Boston in particular seems to interest me quite a bit. Honestly, I'm not sure why, but I'm attracted to the city, and I want to go and explore it to see what it's all about.

I think that's all I got for now.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
1. New Orleans
Though I've lived in the American south for a total of six years, I've never actually been to New Orleans. I must say, it's probably the only southern city I actually want to visit. I want to see the bayous firsthand (without getting killed by alligators) and see how the natives across the city live within their culture. Also, as someone of Vodun heritage, I've always wanted to visit Marie Laveau's grave site. She's the only known voodooo priestess in American history, so I feel it would be beneficial to see her grave and learn more about her straight from the people. And of course, I want that good Cajun food.

2. Japan - Tokyo & Kyoto
These two particular cities I've always wanted to visit, and for different reasons. Tokyo is pretty much the future in present time, as well as an amazing center of modern culture and fashion. I hope that in spite of my severely limited Japanese speech, and can learn more about the city and how Tokyo natives live. As for Kyoto, I've learned that there is a huge cultural history attached to the city, so I am very interested in checking it out and learning more. Also, I believe a lot of Pokémon Gold & Silver takes from Kyoto, so I'd love to visit the corresponding sites and learn about the actual history.

3. New York
I still haven't been to New York, even though I'm not all that far, being in Chicago. My older sister has had the fortune of visiting the city, so I wanna go too! I must clarify, though, I don't wanna visit just Manhattan. I want to explore all the boroughs and see the differences between the New York and Chicago.

4. Boston
Now, more than likely, if I go to New York, I'll end up exploring New England. However, Boston in particular seems to interest me quite a bit. Honestly, I'm not sure why, but I'm attracted to the city, and I want to go and explore it to see what it's all about.

I think that's all I got for now.

If you go to Boston via NYC, prepare for a long wait on the Washington Bridge! My family went to Boston by driving past NYC and we were stuck on that Bridge for three hours barely moving.

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
1. New Orleans
Though I've lived in the American south for a total of six years, I've never actually been to New Orleans. I must say, it's probably the only southern city I actually want to visit. I want to see the bayous firsthand (without getting killed by alligators) and see how the natives across the city live within their culture. Also, as someone of Vodun heritage, I've always wanted to visit Marie Laveau's grave site. She's the only known voodoo priestess in American history, so I feel it would be beneficial to see her grave and learn more about her straight from the people. And of course, I want that good Cajun food.

I highly recommend this destination. The food is superb and the architecture is iconic. There's jazz music all over the place and you won't be hard-pressed to find an impromptu concert! Regrettably, I didn't have a chance to see Marie Laveau's grave, but New Orleans is not the kind of city you can visit only once. You'll want to watch yourself while you're there due to the fairly high crime rate, but if you stick to the French Quarter and other tourist-y areas you shouldn't have any problems!

Boston is also a great city that I thankfully don't live too far from.

Now, for my list:

1. California and Pacific Northwest, USA

I haven't been further west than Minnesota, so I've only seen this area on TV shows, films, videos, and photographs. Notable destinations I want to see here are San Francisco, Seattle, Yosemite National Park, Napa wine country, and Crater Lake. Further north I feel like Vancouver would make for a nice trip as well.

2. Ireland

The only two countries I've been to outside of the U.S. are Canada and the UK. I loved both, but I'm drawn to visit Ireland due to my predominantly Irish heritage, plus gorgeous scenery and solid beer!

3. Germany

Same reason as Ireland, as I'm also part German and am interested in German history and culture.

4. Spain

I debated on not including this one because it's less of a dream destination and more of a reality - I'm going there for my college graduation trip next year. However, I became bewitched by the country after taking three years of Spanish in high school and learning that my mother studied abroad in Madrid back in the 70s.

5. Italy

I'm a foodie and a fan of wine. Can't help myself.

6. Scandinavia/Iceland

See a pattern here? Everywhere in Europe I basically have an inclination to visit. Why? Because if the term "Europhile" is a word, I likely am one.

7. Japan

Okay, something outside of Europe for once! Japan looks like a dream. Beautiful scenery, highly developed, very educated people, phenomenal food.

8. Australia/New Zealand

Not sure why I lumped these two together considering they're two very different countries, but I feel like these are definite bucket list destinations nonetheless.

9. Thailand

Apparently, it's a fairly cheap destination. I could be very wrong about this, but Thai food and culture fascinates me!

And lastly 10. Orlando

Anti-climactic? Nah. Believe it or not, I have never been to Disney or Universal in all 22 years of me being alive. I think it's about time, no?

Watty

I've always wanted to visit Wales... I find Wales is very magical... it could be the best place to stay forever~

SummerHaze

Cool thread!
I'm fond of travelling and I've visited amost 20 countries. It is so exciting. This year I'm planning to visit two new countries: Spain and Italy
It's gonna be awesome

Sham

The Guardian of War
I have a fear of flights due to a small occurrence a couple of years back but if I ever were to get over that, I’d be really interested in traveling to Japan, Venice and the UK.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Japan and Singapore are the two places I'd most like to visit, the David Attenborough documentary Planet Earth II did a segment on Singapore and the plant/wildlife that live there, and it looked like a beautiful place to visit..
I don't really travel that often, but I'm toying with the idea of visiting the Netherlands either next year or the year after, because it's surprisingly cheap and easy to get to from England. Turns out you don't even need to fly, there's a ferry that sails to Amsterdam from the English city of Newcastle (which is a two hour train ride from where I live).

joombo

I'm fond of Spain! Esp Valencia, this marvellous Mediterranean city. These are top 3 places to visit in this city: City of the Arts and Sciences, a unique zoo Bioparc Valencia and Central Market (Mercado Central). Last time I also visited local Mestalla Stadium, the legendary battlefield hosting Valencia C.F. I checked the guide on https://worldstadia.com/mestalla.html to find more info about hotels and things to do. It was so nice trip!

Last edited: