• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What places in the world would you like to visit

PokemonBattleFanatic-

-Orlando,Florida
-Las Vegas,Nevada

Lunalah

I'd like to visit Japan and Australia. Japan because it seems like such an interesting country, and Australia because I think that places like Sydney look amazing.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Ah, what an interesting thread.
There is somewhere I'd like to visit.

Copenhagen, Denmark.
It has connections to three of my main areas of interest (it is the birthplace of notable figures in them). They are writing, physics, and philosophy.
Writing: Hans Christian Anderson. I'm not much for fairy tales generally, but I find that region's writing nice.
Physics: Neils Bohr. I'm highly interested in quantum mechanics, and while I don't subscribe to the Copenhagen interpretation, I'd still enjoy visiting places connected with him.
Philosophy: Soren Kierkegaard. I'm interested especially in existentialism, and he was a leading precursor in that position. I don't care much for theological philosophy, but I appreciate some of his ideas.

If I could take a long enough trip to Copenhagen, I would like to see lots of places connected with these people.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Places I’ve always wanted to see are London, Greece (particularly Athens), Pompeii, Rome and the Vatican to see the historic sights and museums, Barcelona, Florence, Venice, Naples, Switzerland to see the Reuge music box factory, Scotland, Ireland, Milan, Hawaii, and Australia.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I have also wanted to see Japan. More specifically Kyoto, Tokyo, And Mt. Fuji. I’ve always been fascinated by the culture, I really like kimonos and the image of geishas, and my grandparents were born in Taiwan during the Japanese occupation before WWII and they were educated by Japan. My grandfather even went to the best university in Japan at the time. So in a way I’d also be discovering my heritage.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Places I’ve always wanted to see are London, Greece (particularly Athens), Pompeii, Rome and the Vatican to see the historic sights and museums, Barcelona, Florence, Venice, Naples, Switzerland to see the Reuge music box factory, Scotland, Ireland, Milan, Hawaii, and Australia.
If you ever go to Scotland, I recommend a town called Queensferry. The place is absolutely beautiful, a nice quaint village that sits on the edge of a wide river, with a huge railway bridge -called the Forth Bridge- that leads to the city of Edinburgh. The Tubeline Bridge in Pokemon Black and White was actually inspired by that bridge.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'd like to visit Australia, the United Kingdom, and Brazil. I've technically been to Australia once before, but it's such a large country and there's so much that I haven't seen there. As for the other two places, I really like their cultures.

Siddhar

Transcend
I'd love to visit Northeast India, (mountains, waterfalls and dense forests)
Japan(Pokemon, villages, lovely culture),
Australia(Melbourne's the most liveable city, the biodiversity, aborigines and cricket)
France( Car je parle francais) and
Uzbekistan(lovely culture, architecture, people)
And let's see what others have got!

joombo

Homer and Anchorage, Alaska. Being from Australia it was so far from anything I'd experienced before and drinking with the locals was as much fun as I've ever had, they hadn't met many Australians before.

SummerHaze

I'm fond of hiking and I always wanted to go hiking in the Canadian Rockies with friends. I even bought walkie-talkies to stay in touch with friends duting our trip. I found reviews on thebestwalkietalkies about walkie-talkies for hiking and bought a few on Amazon. I'm sure it will be an unforgettable journey. That's my old dream.

Last edited:
There's a few
Poland: My gf and I are planning to go there at the end of the year. Wanna visit Warsaw and visit Auschwitz-Birkenau . We're both history nerds and it's a place that's been on my to do list for quite a while. Yes, it's a horrifying place where some of the worst crimes in history took place, but it can't ever be forgotten.

Japan: Cliché, I know, but I'd love to visit Tokyo. Planning to go there once my gf finishes school and gets her teacher's diploma. We'd love to go there for a week or 3.

Canada: I'd love to visit Toronto. And one of my long-time online friends. I also have some distant family living there from our family branch that fled during WWII.

Aside from that, there's several European countries I want to see as well (aside from Poland). I've traveled a lot as a kid but my mom was always obsessed with Italy so most of our holidays we went there. Still haven't seen any of the Scandinavian countries, wanna go to Ireland as well. And basically the entirety of Eastern Europe is an enigma to me. So I'd like to broaden my horizons and get to know my own continent some more.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Norway and I have every intention of going there this fall or winter. Japan would be fun, too, but I'd go to Hokkaido rather than anywhere on Honshu.

Moonligh

Because of this lockdown, now I want to visit some local places again like parks or malls :D
If serious, I want to visit all the capitals of Europe, I'm fascinated by the architecture. Also, I want to visit some national parks in the USA like Yellowstone, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and maybe even Death Valley. I read on cleverwander that it would definitely require some time to prepare.

Last edited: