• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokémon can and can't be shot with a gun?

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
What Pokémon can and can't be shot with a gun?

I have seen many threads talking about different things regarding Pokémon. And I did read the rules, and I didn't see anything against making a thread like this.

I noticed that a lot of threads in this forum are what if threads so I decided to make my own.

Now imagine if guns existed in the Pokémon World. What Pokémon do you think is easy to shoot with a gun and which one do you think is not easy to shoot?

Personally I think most Pokémon are easy to shoot. The only ones that can't be shot are Rock, Steel and Ghost types.

Last edited:

MiloticTwins

You know what? Guns are banned and illegal everywhere in the entire Pokémon world. So this is because it's too violent against any people and any Pokémon, that'll kill them, causing them to die, and any people and any Pokémon are arrested by the police if they use them? But there are no guns allowed in any Pokémon media franchises and intellectual properties at all. So this is because the Pokémon franchise and intellectual properties are family-friendly, and they're kids' and family stuff. Okay?

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Well, ghost and steel pokemon I guess. Or anything else with a body that's hard enough to resist a bullet...

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
You know what? Guns are banned and illegal everywhere in the entire Pokémon world. So this is because it's too violent against any people and any Pokémon, that'll kill them, causing them to die, and any people and any Pokémon are arrested by the police if they use them? But there are no guns allowed in any Pokémon media franchises and intellectual properties at all. So this is because the Pokémon franchise and intellectual properties are family-friendly, and they're kids' and family stuff. Okay?

Well, alright, I guess I wasn't allowed to make a thread like this then.

Ok, then. Feel free to close it. If I did break the rules of this message board I apologize, and I will be more careful in the future.

Now I am trying my best to follow the rules of this message board, honest. I just wanted to make a thread like this for fun. If I'm gonna be banned from this message board for making a thread like this, it's understandable, and I can accept the ban.

Last edited:

zozo

SLIMED!
Interesting...

Well, I wouldn't try shooting a Nidoking. It would probably get mad instead of drop dead if that hide is as thick and tough as it looks. Primeape is another one that I probably wouldn't try shooting. First of all, it's fast enough that it might just be able to dodge the bullets, and once it figured out that you tried to shoot it, it would do what comes naturally to all Primeape: chase you until it catches up and kills you.

Let's see... Psychic types might be able to use their mental powers to stop the bullets, X-men style. Bug types often come in swarms, and shooting a swarm is not the most productive thing in the world. I guess you could shoot Remoraid, Carvanha, and other fish-like Pokemon pretty easily if they're in a barrel.

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
Well, ghost and steel pokemon I guess. Or anything else with a body that's hard enough to resist a bullet...

Or gooey :p

Well, alright, I guess I wasn't allowed to make a thread like this then.

Ok, then. Feel free to close it. If I did break the rules of this message board I apologize, and I will be more careful in the future.

Now I am trying my best to follow the rules of this message board, honest. I just wanted to make a thread like this for fun. If I'm gonna be banned from this message board for making a thread like this, it's understandable, and I can accept the ban.
O_O

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo

......in terms of 4Kids Entertainment's version.

I think I'd like to see any pokemon die, basically.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Alright, here is a question. Pokémon faint all the time, and when they get back to the Pokémon Center Nurse Joy is able to heal them no matter how damaged they are. (for example when a grass type is burnt.)

So why wouldn't the Pokémon Centers be able to heal Pokémon who have been shot? I have this feeling they'd be able to heal them just fine. Sure it could take some time, but I still think they'd be able to do it.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
You know what? Guns are banned and illegal everywhere in the entire Pokémon world.

Which would explain why we saw them in two towns in the Anime.

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
The Dratini episode in Kanto (I don't give a damn if it's "banned") has guns. And regardless what the dub tries to make it look like, TR have used more guns, instead it shot out bombs, traps and other things during the Kanto/Johto and I think Hoenn era (Don't remember if it's in Sinnoh and B?W). So guns are in the anime, we just don't see them.

Anyways I imagine Pokemon with hard bodies or tough to kill wouldn't be easy to shoot. Yeah Ground/Rock/Steel/Ghost most likely wouldn't work out. Normal, Flying, Water, Grass, Fire and Poison would probably be very easily. I think Ice however is in between. Like Glalie and Walrein would look very tough to shoot and kill, due to the ice on one and the fat on the other. (Snorlax would fall under that too). Dark types might able to be shot easily, and probably Bugs, but I agree Psychic might able to see it coming and stop the bullet before it hits them.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
I would think Pokemon would 10x more durable than humans and their bodies should be stronger than humans. They can bleed and feel pain but a gun? Hmmmmmmm. Muk, Ditto, Arcues, and Psychic types cannot be shot. (Psychics can seeing it coming a mile a way.)

Bullet Punch and Bullet Seed are moves that seem like they have those gun capabilities......well along with Hyper Beam, hydro Cannon, Spike Cannon, etc. Yet those moves make them faint rather kill them.

EDIT: OH Don't forget Magnet Pull, Reflect, Counter, Protect and Detect! Pokemon with those moves and abilities should be fine.