1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Pokémon Do You Use The Most?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Aromatic Mist, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Gesshin Powered

Roserade has sort of become my signature Grass-type, the only times where I did not include it on my team before defeating the Elite Four was when it was impossible to get a Budew/Roselia before the post-game (BW) or games where I chose the Grass-type starter (Diamond, White 2, Y (chose Bulbasaur as the Kanto starter) and Alpha Sapphire). Gyarados has a habit of turning up on my teams quite often due to ease of obtaining Magikarp while I have used Luxray on all my Sinnoh region teams.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  2. Utopianopal

Utopianopal Time Crashes

Eeveelutions for some reason.

3. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

Oh, that's simple. There's one Pokemon who I've used it pretty much every generation that it's been made available, both competitively and in-game. And that Pokemon would be... Gengar. You're usually able to get it pretty early on (with Gastly being available as early as before the first Gym in Johto!), it's got the high speed and special attack necessary to just mop things up, and its movepool is so expansive that it can can be incredibly unpredictable. Yep, good ol' Gengar has been on more teams of mine in the past 20 years than any other Pokemon. None even come remotely close.

4. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

I haven't necessarily used anything the most until XY/ORAS.

Since I shiny hunt I use specific Pokemon the most.

Ralts line for Synchronizing, Octillery/Malamar for Chain Fishing, Talonflame for hatching eggs, Dugtrio for Friend Safari encounters, Magneton and Ampharos for Steel/Electric types, Gloom for sleeping/sweet scent.

5. Sprinter1988

Sprinter1988 Well-Known Member

Charizard and Espeon usually worm their way onto my team whenever I can get them.

I don't WiFi battle much, but when playing through a game my usual goal is to secure a fire type, and electric type, a water type, a psychic type, an earth type (rock or ground) and a spooky type (ghost or dark) - this combination covers a lot of opponents and those that aren't covered are usually hit hard anyway.

6. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

I always end up relying too much on Jolteon in gen 1.

7. Snope

Snope New Member

I've used Swampert, Krookodile, Staraptor, and maybe Absol in two playthroughs. Those Pokemon are beasts (except for Hyper Beam/Fire Blast/Blizzard/Thunder Absol. What was 10-year-old me thinking?) Other than them... my teams have been pretty diverse over the years.

8. Requiem Aeternam

Requiem Aeternam Dance like an eggplant!

My most used Pokemon is my Talonflame. Gotta love that Flame Body/Fly combo for breeding Pokemon. Have one on all my Gen 6 games and will be getting another 2 on Sun and Moon.

I also use Greninja a lot. I have about 5 of them across 3 of my Gen 6 games. With Protean and a diverse move pool it's fun to mess around with different moves on it. My Battle Maison teams almost always have a Greninja on them purely because it's such a good Pokemon to use.

9. X...

X... ...?Mountain Dweller

.......? Ampharos.......

10. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Things is, I do my best to not do repeats. But statistically, I have used the same starter more than once as I tend to get every main game. I may do this again in Sun and Moon by virtue of the differences of Alolan forms

11. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

For some reason I tend to keep a lot of un-evolved Pokemon and try to keep them good enough to last the whole game. Meowth and Sneasel are two of my favourites, along with Inkay if only for Gen 6 so far obviously. I also often have the Weedle/Caterpie evolutions on my team at the start of each game.

Super Training I admit is a saving grace for Gen 6.

12. Conquering Storm

Conquering Storm Driver of the Aegis

I've used a Lucario on my team on every playthrough I've ever done except for Alpha Sapphire. I just love how it performs in battle, and in both Y and W2 Riolu is available early on in the game. (Tangent: I just noticed that the word "available" contains the word "avail", as in "avail oneself of something". So when something is "available", that literally means that you are able to avail yourself of it. Yay etymology.)

Other Pokémon I tend to use a lot are Roserade, Greninja, Gardevoir and Absol.

13. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot about Roserade. Giga Drain plus Big Root makes it near unstoppable. It spends most of my run as a Roselia till it learns it's best moves though.

14. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

Each generation I always find a way to get Minun and Turtwig into my game and do a run-through with them in my team.
    Gen 4: Platinum I chose Turtwig and got an egg of Minun from my pearl game. I did this in HG to get them into Johto and do a run-through with them
    Gen 5: I imported Japanese White when it released, played through it, then transferred a Minun and Turtwig to the games after buying a japanese Diamond game, I then bred them in White and traded the eggs to my english Black game. I repeated this for BW2
    Gen 6: I was waiting for a sequel or third game. But it never came, so I just got eggs of these two and transferred them to a new save file and went on the advenutre. When OR came out, I had eggs of them both waiting.

I also always keep Turtwig as Turtwig.
    They're my favourite pokemon and it just doesn't feel right not having them on my team for a run-through.

15. Earth Wolf-Howl

Earth Wolf-Howl Nuzlocker

I often end up using Krookodile when I get the chance. Then again, it's a favourite of mine, so... unsurprising, really.

But aside from that:

FireRed: Venusaur, Jolteon, Pidgeot
    HeartGold/SoulSilver: Bellsprout (for a time), Fearow
    Sapphire/OmegaRuby: Pelipper, Crobat
    Diamond/Platinum: Weavile, Roserade
    Black: Krookodile, Sigilyph
    White 2: Krookodile, some kind of Eeveelution
    Y: Chesnaught, Krookodile, Azumarill

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  16. Truly Deceptive

Truly Deceptive It is I: ME!

Gold: Feraligatr
    FireRed: Charizard / Mewtwo
    Colosseum: Espeon
    Emerald: Sceptile
    XD: Lugia
    Pearl: Empoleon
    Platinum: Infernape
    Black: Samurott
    Black 2: Samurott

17. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Exalted Meme Junkie

Kanto: Jolteon, Arcanine, and Alakazam
    Johto: Feraligatr
    Hoenn: Gardevoir. Always Gardevoir.
    Sinnoh: Luxray, Infernape, and Garchomp
    Unova: Serperior and Bisharp
    Kalos: Aegislash

18. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

I use Venusaur, Gyarados, Zoroark, Haxorus, and Vivillon the most so far.

Piachu/Raichu as well, but that depends if I want to evolve or leave it as it is on my run.

19. Opassa

Opassa Swedish Guns

i guess probably the squirtle line, i choose him in like 80% of my playthroughs