• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokémon Do You Use The Most?

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Roserade has sort of become my signature Grass-type, the only times where I did not include it on my team before defeating the Elite Four was when it was impossible to get a Budew/Roselia before the post-game (BW) or games where I chose the Grass-type starter (Diamond, White 2, Y (chose Bulbasaur as the Kanto starter) and Alpha Sapphire). Gyarados has a habit of turning up on my teams quite often due to ease of obtaining Magikarp while I have used Luxray on all my Sinnoh region teams.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Oh, that's simple. There's one Pokemon who I've used it pretty much every generation that it's been made available, both competitively and in-game. And that Pokemon would be... Gengar. You're usually able to get it pretty early on (with Gastly being available as early as before the first Gym in Johto!), it's got the high speed and special attack necessary to just mop things up, and its movepool is so expansive that it can can be incredibly unpredictable. Yep, good ol' Gengar has been on more teams of mine in the past 20 years than any other Pokemon. None even come remotely close.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I haven't necessarily used anything the most until XY/ORAS.

Since I shiny hunt I use specific Pokemon the most.

Ralts line for Synchronizing, Octillery/Malamar for Chain Fishing, Talonflame for hatching eggs, Dugtrio for Friend Safari encounters, Magneton and Ampharos for Steel/Electric types, Gloom for sleeping/sweet scent.

Sprinter1988

Charizard and Espeon usually worm their way onto my team whenever I can get them.

I don't WiFi battle much, but when playing through a game my usual goal is to secure a fire type, and electric type, a water type, a psychic type, an earth type (rock or ground) and a spooky type (ghost or dark) - this combination covers a lot of opponents and those that aren't covered are usually hit hard anyway.

Snope

I've used Swampert, Krookodile, Staraptor, and maybe Absol in two playthroughs. Those Pokemon are beasts (except for Hyper Beam/Fire Blast/Blizzard/Thunder Absol. What was 10-year-old me thinking?) Other than them... my teams have been pretty diverse over the years.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
My most used Pokemon is my Talonflame. Gotta love that Flame Body/Fly combo for breeding Pokemon. Have one on all my Gen 6 games and will be getting another 2 on Sun and Moon.

I also use Greninja a lot. I have about 5 of them across 3 of my Gen 6 games. With Protean and a diverse move pool it's fun to mess around with different moves on it. My Battle Maison teams almost always have a Greninja on them purely because it's such a good Pokemon to use.

X...

...?Mountain Dweller
.......? Ampharos.......

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Things is, I do my best to not do repeats. But statistically, I have used the same starter more than once as I tend to get every main game. I may do this again in Sun and Moon by virtue of the differences of Alolan forms

DatsRight

For some reason I tend to keep a lot of un-evolved Pokemon and try to keep them good enough to last the whole game. Meowth and Sneasel are two of my favourites, along with Inkay if only for Gen 6 so far obviously. I also often have the Weedle/Caterpie evolutions on my team at the start of each game.

Super Training I admit is a saving grace for Gen 6.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I've used a Lucario on my team on every playthrough I've ever done except for Alpha Sapphire. I just love how it performs in battle, and in both Y and W2 Riolu is available early on in the game. (Tangent: I just noticed that the word "available" contains the word "avail", as in "avail oneself of something". So when something is "available", that literally means that you are able to avail yourself of it. Yay etymology.)

Other Pokémon I tend to use a lot are Roserade, Greninja, Gardevoir and Absol.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Each generation I always find a way to get Minun and Turtwig into my game and do a run-through with them in my team.
Gen 4: Platinum I chose Turtwig and got an egg of Minun from my pearl game. I did this in HG to get them into Johto and do a run-through with them
Gen 5: I imported Japanese White when it released, played through it, then transferred a Minun and Turtwig to the games after buying a japanese Diamond game, I then bred them in White and traded the eggs to my english Black game. I repeated this for BW2
Gen 6: I was waiting for a sequel or third game. But it never came, so I just got eggs of these two and transferred them to a new save file and went on the advenutre. When OR came out, I had eggs of them both waiting.

I also always keep Turtwig as Turtwig.
They're my favourite pokemon and it just doesn't feel right not having them on my team for a run-through.

I often end up using Krookodile when I get the chance. Then again, it's a favourite of mine, so... unsurprising, really.

But aside from that:

FireRed: Venusaur, Jolteon, Pidgeot
HeartGold/SoulSilver: Bellsprout (for a time), Fearow
Sapphire/OmegaRuby: Pelipper, Crobat
Diamond/Platinum: Weavile, Roserade
Black: Krookodile, Sigilyph
White 2: Krookodile, some kind of Eeveelution
Y: Chesnaught, Krookodile, Azumarill

Last edited:

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Gold: Feraligatr
FireRed: Charizard / Mewtwo
Colosseum: Espeon
Emerald: Sceptile
XD: Lugia
Pearl: Empoleon
Platinum: Infernape
Black: Samurott
Black 2: Samurott

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
Kanto: Jolteon, Arcanine, and Alakazam
Johto: Feraligatr
Hoenn: Gardevoir. Always Gardevoir.
Sinnoh: Luxray, Infernape, and Garchomp
Unova: Serperior and Bisharp
Kalos: Aegislash

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
I use Venusaur, Gyarados, Zoroark, Haxorus, and Vivillon the most so far.

Piachu/Raichu as well, but that depends if I want to evolve or leave it as it is on my run.