• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokémon game have you put the most hours in?

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
999+ on XY. I had a-lot of fun raising 'mons and competing back then.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Pokemon X has over 2000 hours on it. A lot of it shiny hunting lol. I have over 1400 hours so far on Shield.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
My cumulative time played on Emerald had to have been several thousand hours, but my cartridge's battery died at some point during that time and so it stopped counting my time played mid way through. The longest time on a single save that I can specifically remember was actually Omega Ruby, which I reached 840 hours played during my completionist playthrough.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
What did you do after completing the Pokedex??

Never got that far. Always restarted the game. I tried, but I didn't have many people to trade with. I tried trading with Crystal, my sister's game, but we couldn't get the cable to work. I think I'd collected ~120 different Pokémon last time I played, probably 4 or 5 years ago.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I'm still on my first playthrough of Sword. My current playtime is 230 hours, but it's hard to say with my DS games. I will beat them, stick with the post game for a while, catch, breed, and explore then I'll get bored dump everything in bank, and start over. So... cumulitavely I don't actually know, but I would suspect my DS time is way more 230 hours.

OwensJB

My old Crystal game had almost 400 hours of gameplay until the battery died on me and erased the save file. My Black 2 currently has the most hours on it with 355 as of 2018 when I last played it.

My cumulative time played on Emerald had to have been several thousand hours, but my cartridge's battery died at some point during that time and so it stopped counting my time played mid way through. The longest time on a single save that I can specifically remember was actually Omega Ruby, which I reached 840 hours played during my completionist playthrough.

I thought Emerald's gameplay hours still got tracked even with a dead battery? Mine's died like 8 years ago but it still counts the time that I've played.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I thought Emerald's gameplay hours still got tracked even with a dead battery? Mine's died like 8 years ago but it still counts the time that I've played.

Maybe, perhaps my in-game time simply maxed out on that save (that's actually likely now that I think about it; there's no way I didn't play that save for at least a thousand hours) and I associated that with the battery dying for some reason (which also definitely happened as daily events stopped resetting after a while).

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I put 300 hours into my original Pokemon Silver and 700 hours into Soul Silver.

My playtime for Pokemon Emerald was around 500 hours and my playtime for Pokemon Diamond was around 600 hours.

In Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow I probably had in under 100 hours. I think I had around 400 hours for Pokemon Leaf Green.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Well Shield, having like 150 hours.
But thats because I dont start a new gameplay on Shield cuz the main game is boring.
I restarted the previous games 10000 times so thats why I dont have a single save file with tons of hours on it

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I'd estimate my most played game would actually have to be Crystal. I recall putting in somewhere between 200 to 300 hours into one playthrough as a kid.

Nowadays I'd say the second closest might be Black/White since they're my favorite games story and gameplay wise.