• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokémon We Haven't Seen For A Long Time In Anime?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
You said it, pal. What was the point of its new evolutions if they are never going to allow it in the show? AFter 2 decades, they could finally pass off and use him for an episode.

Just because Porygon was banned in the anime doesn't mean that Game Freak had to abide by the ban and ignore Porygon in the games. In any case, I don't believe that we'll ever see Porygon's evolved forms play a part in the anime, outside of extremely minor cameos like Porygon has made in the past.

Skitty and Delcatty would be nice to have feature in an episode.
Espurr would be nice to see again.
I'd also like to see Meganium or Arbok.

As for pokemon that are actual characters Mewtwo (MSBE). I'd be fine with just a cameo of his cloaked form watching over Ash a couple times during an episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pokecatgirl said:
Skitty and Delcatty would be nice to have feature in an episode.
Espurr would be nice to see again.
I'd also like to see Meganium or Arbok.

As for pokemon that are actual characters Mewtwo (MSBE). I'd be fine with just a cameo of his cloaked form watching over Ash a couple times during an episode.

An Arbok appeared during SM, so the species hasn't been absent for too long. I agree about Meganium, though. I think the last time we saw one was in the Zoroark movie.

Master Pikachu 11

Do you mean Satoshi's Kingler specifically? Because I'm pretty sure that we saw a Kingler in the second episode of this series. But since the species has a Kyodaimax form, I wouldn't mind seeing Satoshi's Kingler return to showcase that.
Yes Ash’s Kingler since the Kingler we saw in episode 2 was a mere cameo

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
LOL... That is so funny... James Randi should've intervened... Poor Kadabra...

Like it'll actually change anything... Unlike spoon bending, Kadabra is undeniably based on Uri Geller from the name to the spoon to the fact that Kadabra can stop clocks with its mind (another reference to Geller's other feats as a magician). That's why Kadabra didn't make a comeback in TCG or the anime in the past decade or so.

I've done research on this whole lawsuit, and it seems to be easily avoidable in hindsight. Apparently, Geller hated Yungerer not because it was based on him (apparently, he seems to be fine with a film depicting a character based on him to be a trickster who can fool scientists) but rather than he first encountered Yungrer portrayed as an evil Pokémon. Some say it was the Dark Kadabra TCG (which is translated from Japanese as Evil Yungerer) while others say it was due to Kadabra causing headaches on children. And that's not going into the early anime and manga depiction of Kadabra being Sabrina's signature Pokémon when she was an evil cultist or a member of Team Rocket. And he made his lawsuit in 2000, where Pokémon was at the height of children's popularity yet the adults still didn't understood what Pokémon was (especially among the older conservatives who thought Harry Potter literally teaches witchcraft), which likely influenced Geller's perception.

On his Facebook, it appears that Geller has warmed up to Kadabra and even embraced the Pokémon in recent years, especially after Pokémon Go release in Isreal. Apparently, all it took was time for the mainstream media to embrace Pokémon as something to be celebrated rather than feared as some devil's temptation for children.

Now if only TPC could see this window of opprotunity.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Have we seen Smoochum after the AG episode? I can’t remember seeing it after Three Jynx and a Baby. Also when was the last time Lickitung was seen?

Omittime

Spiritomb has made only one appearance in its debut episode iirc

And it was evil in that ep and Ash and the gang sealed it back up in its tombstone. First and only depiction of a pokemon 100% evil unlike other ghost pokemon.

Phione also only ever appeared in that 1 DP episode and never again. Unlike Manaphy, there's really no reason to expect it to show up again

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
And it was evil in that ep and Ash and the gang sealed it back up in its tombstone. First and only depiction of a pokemon 100% evil unlike other ghost pokemon.

Phione also only ever appeared in that 1 DP episode and never again. Unlike Manaphy, there's really no reason to expect it to show up again
Those Malamar from XY were pure evil

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
Spiritomb has made only one appearance in its debut episode iirc

I'm sort of glad about that since I think the species is absolutely horrifying. Although I suppose that if Shirona ever appears again like some people expect her to, she could own one since she had one in the Shinou games.