• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokémon We Haven't Seen For A Long Time In Anime?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I just want to see Volcarona again since it was robbed of a proper appearance and was only shown as a prop of a poaching attempt.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Hopefully, the Porygon line gets "pardoned"...

That's not going to happen anytime soon. The Porygon line in relation to the anime is still practically a taboo in Japan, and most people wouldn't want a reminder of that incident even 20 years later. It's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
That's not going to happen anytime soon. The Porygon line in relation to the anime is still practically a taboo in Japan, and most people wouldn't want a reminder of that incident even 20 years later. It's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

If that animation fiasco happened during the social media era, would the line still be banned? I understand that time, information isn't as accessible to everyone as it is now so it might affect people blaming Porygon line...

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
If that animation fiasco happened during the social media era, would the line still be banned? I understand that time, information isn't as accessible to everyone as it is now so it might affect people blaming Porygon line...

Given the way "cancel culture" has been promoted on social media a lot these days, things definitely would've been worse. I think that the best we can hope for when it comes to Porygon's line are more blink-or-you'll-miss-it type cameos in the movies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I just want to see Volcarona again since it was robbed of a proper appearance and was only shown as a prop of a poaching attempt.

I want them to give Alder it if he appears.
If we see Diantha and Alder I want them to use more than just their aces, especially since they felt the need to change Alder's for some strange reason!

PsychoLogical

Given the way "cancel culture" has been promoted on social media a lot these days, things definitely would've been worse. I think that the best we can hope for when it comes to Porygon's line are more blink-or-you'll-miss-it type cameos in the movies.
tbh I surprisingly still have hope that they will bring back the Porygon line for an appearance or two due to how this series is supposedly bringing back pkmn that haven’t been seen for a longtime for at least an appearance or two like we saw with Dusclops and Mothim.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

I'm still confused how did the scene caused seizure though (I get the reason, just not how it affected some people)... I watched the scene multiple times already, my nephews watched the episode, me and my friends even tried to watch it on a 90s model CRT TV, good thing nothing happened...

ShadowForce720

I'm still confused how did the scene caused seizure though (I get the reason, just not how it affected some people)... I watched the scene multiple times already, my nephews watched the episode, me and my friends even tried to watch it on a 90s model CRT TV, good thing nothing happened...

Basically when the episode originally aired it had quickly flash blue and red lights at within a few seconds something which can trigger seizures in some people.

Any version of the episode you see now likely has the flashes of red and blue light slowed down to try to avoid that problem.

PsychoLogical

It’s the rapidly flashing red-blue lights that lasted a few seconds which can be very dangerous due to the high risk of photosensitive seizures being triggered due to fast movements which in this case were rapidly flashing lights.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Any version of the episode you see now likely has the flashes of red and blue light slowed down to try to avoid that problem.

Oh I see... I thought the only existing version around is the TV recorded version as aired before...

It’s the rapidly flashing red-blue lights that lasted a few seconds which can be very dangerous due to the high risk of photosensitive seizures being triggered due to fast movements which in this case were rapidly flashing lights.

Yes, I'm aware of that but thanks...

Pokemon Power

It has been a long while since the incident that prevented Porygon and it's evolutions from appearing. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to lift the ban on them, now that technology has grown beyond what caused all those seizures in the first place.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It has been a long while since the incident that prevented Porygon and it's evolutions from appearing. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to lift the ban on them, now that technology has grown beyond what caused all those seizures in the first place.

Doubt it, best I'm hoping for is that somebody has the Poryphone as a way of acknowledging the Pokemon's existence

I love the Porygon line but it's pretty much the only Kanto Pokemon(Other than Kadabra for other reasons) that we won't see this saga.