• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon anime adaptations do you want to see?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Discuss about what Pokemon anime adaptations you want to see here? Ah but don't let this thread discourage you from making other anime adaptation threads focusing on a specific property. For example I am aware there are some here who want to talk about a Pokemon Colosseum & XD anime adaptation around the threads.

UTy4sYc.png

So, I'll start off. I always wanted to see a Pokemon cooking show and I think Dia from Pokemon Adventures is the perfect fit for this role but I'm not talking about simply cooking. I'm also talking about a literal Pokemon Journey where Dia ventures around looking for ingrediants in his next recipe, to the tallest mountains, in the deepest of the jungles, across the seas. Crazy idea for a show right but it would be quite a fun and short series don't you think, especially seeing the animation of cooking at work.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wish that the anime had adapted Sky Battles better than it did in that one XY episode. The concept was really interesting, and I wish that we could've gotten a few more episodes that focused on that. I also wish that Pokethlons had gotten more focus than just a filler episode in Shinou. In terms of the spin-off games, I feel like Pokemon Conquest should've gotten a spin-off anime similar to Origins.

fawfulmark2

I would have said Episode Delta but I think that time has passed.
I'm gonna have to agree with the above in that seeing a Pokemon Conquest adaptation would be among the cooler options.

My most personal want of them all though would be a spin-off prequel focusing on Sammy Oak back when he traveled around with Agatha and Kurt as a kid.

shoz999

I wish that the anime had adapted Sky Battles better than it did in that one XY episode. The concept was really interesting, and I wish that we could've gotten a few more episodes that focused on that. I also wish that Pokethlons had gotten more focus than just a filler episode in Shinou. In terms of the spin-off games, I feel like Pokemon Conquest should've gotten a spin-off anime similar to Origins.
I've always wanted to see a Pokemon Conquest game take place in the Kalos War that AZ participated in. Still, a Pokemon Conquest spin-off adaptation alone would be very fun. It could be a POV-based anime where you see the war through different points of view, including the antagonist. Wouldn't that be awesome?

I'm gonna have to agree with the above in that seeing a Pokemon Conquest adaptation would be among the cooler options.

My most personal want of them all though would be a spin-off prequel focusing on Sammy Oak back when he traveled around with Agatha and Kurt as a kid.
Your talking about Pokemon Adventures take on Sam Oak right? That's such a cool depiction of the professor with his rival being Agatha in a similar manner to that of Red & Blue. I liked how Prof. Oak's childhood represented the fact that as kids, they didn't really care what their future was going to be. They just wanted to enjoy life and have fun. None of them knew they would become a Pokemon Professor, Elite Four member, Pokeball Maker or running a Daycare. Quite a relatable reflection of real-life really if you think about it.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Well, sme act 2 and this week's anime episode kinda cover the DE

shoz999

Pokemon Dash should've been turned into a special episode or something. It's odd how it was the first DS game but got no anime promo whatsoever even though the racing aspect was perfect for an episode plot.
I LOVE POKEMON RACING EPISODES! Especially when a variety of Pokemon race, those are the best. I still rememeber Ash riding on Ponyta, that was a fantastic anime episode. I'm not only up for a Pokemon Dash anime special, I wish for a Pokemon Dash reboot where they make a better console-based Pokemon racing game similar to that of Mario Kart but it still has the name "Pokemon Dash".

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
Pokemon Dash should've been turned into a special episode or something. It's odd how it was the first DS game but got no anime promo whatsoever even though the racing aspect was perfect for an episode plot.

Pokemon Dash just wasn't very popular as far as I remember, so I understand why it was never given direct anime promotion. We get racing themed episodes often anyway, so I'm not sure if Dash getting a race themed episode or special would've felt very original or interesting.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I also would have liked if Contests in the anime had worked more like they do in the manga and games with the whole visual judgement round and then the appeal round. The battle portion that the anime added was okay I guess, but that made Contests seem too much like regular tournaments to me.

Kintaro

Banned
I also would have liked if Contests in the anime had worked more like they do in the manga and games with the whole visual judgement round and then the appeal round. The battle portion that the anime added was okay I guess, but that made Contests seem too much like regular tournaments to me.

That's literally what Serena's showcases/tripokalon's were. The fact that her quest started in 2014 which was when ORAS came out and re-introduced Contests made it pretty obvious.

shoz999

For me, I kind of prefer the anime's take of Pokemon Contests over the games and Pokemon Adventures manga. In the games, Pokemon Contests are a fun distraction but it's lasting appeal is short personally. In the Adventures manga, it's definitely far more fast-pace and for some who aren't interested in Pokemon Contests, this is easily the best take due to it's short length but in terms of overall stylish effects, I prefer the anime's take even though it can get boring due to it's longer running time. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that animation plays a more stronger role in the anime but I do think the anime's format is better.

That being said however, I wouldn't mind seeing Ruby, arguably the greatest Pokemon Coordinator of the entire Pokemon series, having his own Pokemon Contest spin-off where each of his Pokemon ace a contest of each condition of beauty, toughness, cleverness, cuteness and coolness animated by the same guys who did Serena's showcases. The one thing I never really did get to see that I wish the anime did is the conditions where Pokemon Contests features a variety of Pokemon of all kinds of different shapes and sizes. That's definitely one area that would be so fun for a Pokemon Contest to stay true in, the conditions.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:

I liked the changes that they received in the anime compared to how they were set up in the manga. And speaking of the manga, I recall how the Diamond and Pearl chapter of Pokemon Special featured a comedian competition, and I'm surprised that the main anime never tried to adapt something like that into a full episode since that seems like something that would've worked. The closest thing that we got was that Perap filler in AG where Perap's trainer wanted to enter the Comedy Grand Prix (which we never heard of again iirc).

shoz999

I liked the changes that they received in the anime compared to how they were set up in the manga. And speaking of the manga, I recall how the Diamond and Pearl chapter of Pokemon Special featured a comedian competition, and I'm surprised that the main anime never tried to adapt something like that into a full episode since that seems like something that would've worked. The closest thing that we got was that Perap filler in AG where Perap's trainer wanted to enter the Comedy Grand Prix (which we never heard of again iirc).
Oh man. I never would thought the idea of comedians crossing into a science fantasy world being so genius. Now I think about it, it is actually pretty surprising now that the anime has rarely done the idea of a comedian that could even make a Pokemon Champion laugh. I think it can work as a Pokemon anime adaptation through Pokestar Studios!

We've never had a major sport related activity in the show other than Pokeathlon which only got one episode and then a few other filler episodes like the baseball one and ones that had races, but you would think that the show would've adapted its own version of football or something as a full time goal for one of the main characters.

Jeal

We've never had a major sport related activity in the show other than Pokeathlon which only got one episode and then a few other filler episodes like the baseball one and ones that had races, but you would think that the show would've adapted its own version of football or something as a full time goal for one of the main characters.
Probably Sword and Shield will have the pokefootball.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:

I remember that Pokemon Baccer sport from the Zoroark movie and how it was basically a Pokemon version of soccer, and it's a shame that it never really played a big role in the movie and was mainly used to tie-in with the FIFA World Cup at the time. But I wouldn't mind more sports-themed episodes if they're actually handled more like a side quest for a cast member than just filler material.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Dream Lad said:
I wouldn't mind a full-blown slice-of-life Pokemon anime. Follow the lives of one family. The mom and dad have their own unique jobs. Two kids who are in high school, and a younger sibling in elementary school. Obviously Pokemon play a key role in their daily lives.

That sounds a bit like the SM saga, though. Kaki, Maamane, Mao, Suiren, and Lilie act like Satoshi's siblings, and Satoshi even has Kukui-hakase as a father figure and his wife Burnet-hakase as a pseudo-mom.

shoz999

I wouldn't mind a full-blown slice-of-life Pokemon anime. Follow the lives of one family. The mom and dad have their own unique jobs. Two kids who are in high school, and a younger sibling in elementary school. Obviously Pokemon play a key role in their daily lives.
That sounds a bit like the SM saga, though. Kaki, Maamane, Mao, Suiren, and Lilie act like Satoshi's siblings, and Satoshi even has Kukui-hakase as a father figure and his wife Burnet-hakase as a pseudo-mom.
library.jpg

What about an adaptation of Earl's Pokemon Academy from Gen 2? He's a forgotten character from the main series games but he's fairly memorable from Pokemon Stadium 2 and Pokemon Adventures GSC. I still remember that classroom "stadium" where you can see all the desks are moved to the side to demonstrate a Pokemon battle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
library.jpg

What about an adaptation of Earl's Pokemon Academy from Gen 2? He's a forgotten character from the main series games but he's fairly memorable from Pokemon Stadium 2 and Pokemon Adventures GSC. I still remember that classroom "stadium" where you can see all the desks are moved to the side to demonstrate a Pokemon battle.

Another Pokemon school like the one that Satoshi attends? It might have worked if we would've seen some actual learning in this other academy, but I don't trust the writers to ever show a school setting in a proper way like that, because it might be considered too boring.