• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon anime adaptations do you want to see?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Another Pokemon school like the one that Satoshi attends? It might have worked if we would've seen some actual learning in this other academy, but I don't trust the writers to ever show a school setting in a proper way like that, because it might be considered too boring.
Not exactly. The one Satoshi attended was too much like a... well... boring school. I mean like a real Pokemon Academy like the one featured in Pokemon Adventures Black & White 2 where they actually demonstrate real battles and strategies even though it's quite short. In fact that's what the Pokemon Academy in Pokemon Stadium 2 is about, teaching the player about strategies and other mechanics outside of type advantages. Like for example, how do you deal with a much more diverse team? How do you deal with Pokemon that are very evasive? How do you use weather moves quite effectively? That's the stuff I'm talking about, actually looking into the mechanics of Pokemon more closely.

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
Not exactly. The one Satoshi attended was too much like a... well... boring school. I mean like a real Pokemon Academy like the one featured in Pokemon Adventures Black & White 2 where they actually demonstrate real battles and strategies even though it's quite short. In fact that's what the Pokemon Academy in Pokemon Stadium 2 is about, teaching the player about strategies and other mechanics outside of type advantages. Like for example, how do you deal with a much more diverse team? How do you deal with Pokemon that are very evasive? How do you use weather moves quite effectively? That's the stuff I'm talking about, actually looking into the mechanics of Pokemon more closely.

So a series about learning the basics of battling? That seems like the kind of thing that some viewers might not appreciate since it seems too much like real school, but I suppose that if it could be made fun and exciting, it could work as a side series just to teach beginners.

You know how Todd showed up for Pokemon Snap reasons marketing reasons in Kanto? I wish that he'd come back to introduce photography to the show again. It would have made sense in the Sun and Moon saga since we could take pictures with the Rotomdex in the games so a photography focused episode or mini arc could've worked.

shoz999

You know how Todd showed up for Pokemon Snap reasons marketing reasons in Kanto? I wish that he'd come back to introduce photography to the show again. It would have made sense in the Sun and Moon saga since we could take pictures with the Rotomdex in the games so a photography focused episode or mini arc could've worked.
I like the Pokemon Adventures take better. Not only is he a major supporting character throughout an entire story arc, he's later sent off on a mission by Oak to capture pictures in an uninhabited island, the same island from Pokemon Snap, of various Pokemon. I hope one day I get to see that become a story, perhaps in animation.

Last edited:

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen

Oh god please no. Todd (Snap?) was such a boring guy and so is photography. If we need more art stuff in the anime then I'd rather have seen an episode back in Hoenn about the Lilycove museum since there was an art exhibit there. Also in Lumiose but I didn't care enough about XY to want an art episode there.

Pokemon Colosseum and XD deserved some kind of mini series because they were some of the best games of the 3rd Gen without a doubt. But instead we got those Chronicles episodes that seemed more like fillers than anything remotely interesting.

MockingJ

Banned
Pokemon Colosseum and XD deserved some kind of mini series because they were some of the best games of the 3rd Gen without a doubt. But instead we got those Chronicles episodes that seemed more like fillers than anything remotely interesting.

Wes was a pretty cool looking dude so I would've liked to see him appear as the protagonist of a Pokemon Colosseum episode or series of specials instead of Michael from XD. His design was just terrible.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I know it'd be recursive, but Electric Tale of Pikachu

Leonhart

Imagineer

I actually really liked those games although I haven't played them in over a decade, but I would've loved some kind of special episode showcasing characters from those games, especially the Snatch-dan since they were pretty interesting villains.

Apslup

Feelin' Fine.
I wish that the anime had adapted Sky Battles better than it did in that one XY episode

They were sort of a non-factor in the games as well. I remember being asked to take part in a Sky battle once in my playthrough of X and i declined it. I totally forgot it existed until just know.

I would have said Episode Delta but I think that time has passed.

Episode Delta would have made an amazing Pokemon anime Movie for the XY era. They could explain that the gang is going to Hoenn with Professor Sycamore to visit Professor Birch (with Sawyer tagging along to). That would have been way better that the movies we actually got in XY.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Apslup said:
Episode Delta would have made an amazing Pokemon anime Movie for the XY era. They could explain that the gang is going to Hoenn with Professor Sycamore to visit Professor Birch (with Sawyer tagging along to). That would have been way better that the movies we actually got in XY.

There were so many ways that a Delta Episode subplot could've been handled, so it's a shame that it never occurred. I still think that it could've easily fit into the second and third Mega Evolution specials, but instead all we really got there was Mega Rayquaza hype involving Alain, Fuladari, and Daigo.

SatoSereFan224888

I would like to see something with Pokemon's version of the FBI, the Federal Investigation Agency. Also May joins up the Feds where she meets her new boyfriend, Nate/Kyouhei.

shoz999

There were so many ways that a Delta Episode subplot could've been handled, so it's a shame that it never occurred. I still think that it could've easily fit into the second and third Mega Evolution specials, but instead all we really got there was Mega Rayquaza hype involving Alain, Fuladari, and Daigo.
Oh man. This brings me back to the Pokemon Adventures manga.

You know Deoxys is coming, you know he's definitely coming, you can clearly see that the manga is hinting that it will play out like the games but you still aren't prepared for what's coming! Your like no, no! Oh no! It's actually happening even though you already know it and then Deoxy's appearance awesomely screams "You are not prepared!" as short as the battle was.

But yeah, it would be cool to see that animated.

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
Oh man. This brings me back to the Pokemon Adventures manga.

You know Deoxys is coming, you know he's definitely coming, you can clearly see that the manga is hinting that it will play out like the games but you still aren't prepared for what's coming! Your like no, no! Oh no! It's actually happening even though you already know it and then Deoxy's appearance awesomely screams "You are not prepared!" as short as the battle was.

But yeah, it would be cool to see that animated.

I haven't read that part of the manga, but I did like how Deoxys was involved in the Delta Episode subplot in the games as a surprise final boss of sorts. But had Delta Episode been adapted in the main anime, I wouldn't have wanted Deoxys to be involved since we've seen far too many of them in the anime and movies.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I would like to see something with Pokemon's version of the FBI, the Federal Investigation Agency. Also May joins up the Feds where she meets her new boyfriend, Nate/Kyouhei.

Isn't Looker basically the Pokemon world's version of an FBI agent? I guess the writers could expand on that and make a mini-series or special about it.

shoz999

Isn't Looker basically the Pokemon world's version of an FBI agent? I guess the writers could expand on that and make a mini-series or special about it.
Yup. In the Pokemon Adventures manga, the International Police play a major role in Gen 4, Gen 5 and Gen 7 exploring the Distortion World, Team Plasma and the Ultra Beasts. Considering how much lore the manga was able to cover, you can easily see there's a lot to adapt for an anime.

SatoSereFan224888

Yup. In the Pokemon Adventures manga, the International Police play a major role in Gen 4, Gen 5 and Gen 7 exploring the Distortion World, Team Plasma and the Ultra Beasts. Considering how much lore the manga was able to cover, you can easily see there's a lot to adapt for an anime.

That would be cool. Maybe Looker could be the tutor for May & Nate.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wouldn't mind seeing the International Police law enforcement agency get a much bigger role in a special episode sometime, just as long as it means that we'd see Handsome and possibly Matiere. I was kind of upset that we didn't get that subplot back in the XY saga since it was one of the Kalos games' better storylines.