• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon anime adaptations do you want to see?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Do you mean Nate from the manga? An anime character like May meeting a manga character like Nate seems kinda iffy don't you think?
I think he means an anime's 10-year old take on Nate. See if this was the games or the manga, that would be kind of strange because May/Sapphire is much older than Nate/Blake.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I think he means an anime's 10-year old take on Nate. See if this was the games or the manga, that would be kind of strange because May/Sapphire is much older than Nate/Blake.

That makes sense. Speaking of Nate though, I'm surprised that he never made a movie cameo like Brendan and Lucas did. Also, Hilda deserves to appear in some kind of role or cameo too.

SatoSereFan224888

Do you mean Nate from the manga? An anime character like May meeting a manga character like Nate seems kinda iffy don't you think?
Well he was animated but only in a promo. You see I do not like ContestShipping one bit. The two never seemed to get along. Plus I had an idea May gave up contests because she got sick & tired of them but Drew flipped out and nearly assaulted May but Soledad stops Drew from hurting May.

shoz999

Well he was animated but only in a promo. You see I do not like ContestShipping one bit. The two never seemed to get along. Plus I had an idea May gave up contests because she got sick & tired of them but Drew flipped out and nearly assaulted May but Soledad stops Drew from hurting May.
I see. Well just a heads-up but the mods get pretty strict about shipping, so leave your ideas at the shipping thread. Also from the sound of it, you don't seem to realize that the anime is just one of many takes on the May character because you make it sound like the anime is the definitive canon even though the games disagree with that notion and because of that, you make it sound like it's in your way of whatever ideas you have. Again, leave the shipping ideas at the shipping thread but just remember the anime isn't the only canon. There are others. However since your into the May character so much, I recommend you read Pokemon Adventures Ruby and Sapphire, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised on the take lol and the deep character development.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
That makes sense. Speaking of Nate though, I'm surprised that he never made a movie cameo like Brendan and Lucas did. Also, Hilda deserves to appear in some kind of role or cameo too.

This is just my theory, but I think that the reason why Kyouhei didn't get an anime appearance is because he was shown in the B2/W2 animated trailer. Perhaps the writers thought that the trailer was good enough as a showcase tool for Kyouhei even though it wasn't part of the main series. The same probably explains why Mei and Hyu never made anime appearances as well.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Well he was animated but only in a promo.

Oh right lol, I forgot. It wasn't meant to be canon though afaik, but I guess that was the best we could expect. I still think that Brendan, Lucas, Ethan, Hilbert and Nate deserved actual big roles in the anime though.

shoz999

Okay. So this is a fun one. I want to see the minds behind the anime adaptation of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure work on and add that famous JoJo artstyle to an Pokemon Adventures prequel anime adaptation featuring Prof. Oak in his kid years. Wouldn't that be so much fun? Oak's Bizarre Adventures carried on by the legacy of his son and later his grandson, Blue Oak. Ah man, that would be so much fun.

Moonlight Starlight

Oh right lol, I forgot. It wasn't meant to be canon though afaik, but I guess that was the best we could expect. I still think that Brendan, Lucas, Ethan, Hilbert and Nate deserved actual big roles in the anime though.
Kind of like when you told me on the other thread board like when I mention Pokemon Chronicles like how you like to see the other game characters being in the anime like Zyinna or Drasna and Emma being on Pokemon Chronicles which would do great for the other characters like Brendan or Lucas Hilbert and Nate being on Pokemon Chronicles. Beside Ethan we have Jimmy(different version ) in the anime along with Marina .

shoz999

250px-Sevii_Islands.png

I've always wanted to see a proper anime adaptation of FRLG's Sevii Isles. Honestly it's kind of annoying to see such a unique location full of mysterious lore be largely ignored by almost every single Pokemon adaptation except for Pokemon Adventures. Although I enjoy Pokemon Adventures taking it's time exploring much of the islands as it could, it's still not enough. If they ever adapt Pokemon Adventures into an anime, I want to see every single location, story, event, island covered if that means adding filler! Such an underrated location that deserves more attention.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Nanashima did deserve more attention in the main anime since as far as I remember, we only ever saw the first island in one of the Hoso specials, and even then the special focused more on the nearby volcano than it did on the rest of the island itself. I think that Pokemon Special adapted that archipelago quite well though and frankly, the anime probably wouldn't have done that group of islands justice anyway.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
The Nanashima did deserve more attention in the main anime since as far as I remember, we only ever saw the first island in one of the Hoso specials, and even then the special focused more on the nearby volcano than it did on the rest of the island itself. I think that Pokemon Special adapted that archipelago quite well though and frankly, the anime probably wouldn't have done that group of islands justice anyway.
My friend Fang-tang is planning on do nanashima islands in his frig/battle frontier in his rebuilt of pocket monsters .

shoz999

One thing I've always wanted to see is Red & his rival Green race to Mt. Ember from the port. I don't mean on Pokemon, I literally mean them, as human beings, race up to the mountain on foot past towns, people and wild Pokemon. I've always wanted to see their legendary rivalry take to a race similar to Kakashi and Might Guy's race from the Naruto series. Wouldn't that be a crazy fun episode?

shoz999

I dunno if I'd want to see the Sevii Islands in the show since that would've felt like the Orange Islands arc all over again except with less islands to visit.
I think the stories and lore that GameFreak laid out are far more interesting than the Orange Islands. You got one of the resting places of Lugia/Ho-Oh, a valley full of apocalytpic-themed Pokemon, an island with a cave full of ice which is Lorelei's hometown, a game corner full of games exclusive to FRLG, an encounter with a team of dangerous bikers which eventually leads to a rescuing of a little girl from the Hypno, the mysterious Rocket Warehouse where you learn that Giovanni possibly has a son, Ultima who teaches you the most powerful moves of Gen 3 at the time, discovering the gravesite of a passed away Onix, the trainer tower and let's not forget of course that the Pokemon Network Center is lore-wise, the ancestor to the Global Trade Station in Gen 4 and later.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
I dunno if I'd want to see the Sevii Islands in the show since that would've felt like the Orange Islands arc all over again except with less islands to visit.

Well the archipelago could've been expanded in the anime by adding a few smaller islands. I would've wanted the AG saga to have adapted that area between the Houen episodes and the Battle Frontier arc, but I can see why that didn't happen since there probably wasn't enough time to fit all of that. It's too bad too, because I would've loved to have seen the Rocket-dan subplot from Island 5 take place in the anime.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Well the archipelago could've been expanded in the anime by adding a few smaller islands. I would've wanted the AG saga to have adapted that area between the Houen episodes and the Battle Frontier arc, but I can see why that didn't happen since there probably wasn't enough time to fit all of that. It's too bad too, because I would've loved to have seen the Rocket-dan subplot from Island 5 take place in the anime.
That would be so prefect way to add leaf/blue in the mix

Emelie

Bookworm
I would like to see an anime adaption of the plot from BW1. Something like the manga "Pocket Monsters BW: Meetings with the Legends". I really liked the artstyle and how it closely follows the story of the games. It's a shame that it's so short.

In way it is kind of similar to Pocket Monsters Zensho which sticks close to the plot of the gen 1 games. Does anybody remember this obscure old manga? :p

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I would have preferred Zensho over Origins. I really like the sad backstory they gave Shigeru and Nanami (their parents died in a car crash so Oak adopted them). This is the only time we got to see things from the rival's perspective and sympathies with him. I like how Satoshi saved him at the end and how they became friends again. I wonder why this manga is the only one that tries to resolve their conflict?

Another obscure manga that I would like to see animated is "How I became a Pokémon Card". Especially the one that features Giovanni's backstory and "Akari and Pikachu's birthday".

shoz999

Almia deserved to be shown in the anime, as well as Fiore. It's weird that the Ranger games have never received a full on mini series given that there's so much to explore.
Out of all the Pokemon Ranger regions I would like to see adapted, Oblivia would definitely be one I like to see adapted because I think it's easily the most underrated of the Pokemon Ranger regions. I don't know about you guys but I think it's pretty sad that Pokemon Rangers Guardian Signs seems to be one of the more ignored and forgotten spin-offs. Try to find some official video reviews of this game, there aren't any last time I check and most people I know have never played this game even though the graphics are pretty amazing for a DS game and the story ain't half bad.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Oblivia was at least showcased in those two short specials that promoted the third Pokemon Ranger games, although I do think that the region deserved more than just a quick cameo. Almia probably could've appeared during the DP saga since the region itself resembled part of Hokkaido, which was also the basis for Shinou.