• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Are Least Likely to Mega Evolve?

Gillachu

Banned
I doubt mons like Machamp or Tangrowth will Mega Evolve since they're not really that appealing.

Mega evolutions are so ugly and monstruous, it's not by random they say they're Digievolution.

Lmao I don't think Mega Evos are ugly nor that similar to Digivolution honestly.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
I doubt mons like Machamp or Tangrowth will Mega Evolve since they're not really that appealing.

Lmao I don't think Mega Evos are ugly nor that similar to Digivolution honestly.

Okay, maybe not Tangrowth, but Machamp is a very popular Pokémon and I would be very surprised if it didn't get a mega.

Enjolras

Master of the House
The bone club isn't an item it's part of Marowak's body and several of the Pokémon's moves including Bone Club and Bonemerang rely on it's existence. A bit like Oshawott's Schalchop. Presumably the bone would just become bigger or more deadly looking if Marowak mega evolved.

Except that the club is an item. Thick Club is a held item that doubles the Attack stat of Cubone and Marowak. I think the issue with Marowak and Mega Evolution is that this item would become essentially obsolete, not what would happen with the club in Mega Marowak's design.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Delibird. Enough said.

Dunsparce.

Don't forget Raticate

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Reeeally hoping that Butterfree gets a Mega Evolution... At least as a counterpart to Beedrill's.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Reeeally hoping that Butterfree gets a Mega Evolution... At least as a counterpart to Beedrill's.

I was expecting one, especially since I would think it is more popular than Beedrill (even though that is not always the defining criterion). I would like to see it become Bug/Psychic with Tinted Lens.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Wobbuffet, Unown and Smeargle. Wobbuffet's stats, sans HP, are basically irrelevant, and HP is the one stat Mega Evolution cannot alter. Unown can only know one move, making a Mega Evolution useless. Smeargle needs to be as weak as it is to not be completely broken

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Rio!

Composer
Wobbuffet, Unown and Smeargle. Wobbuffet's stats, sans HP, are basically irrelevant, and HP is the one stat Mega Evolution cannot alter. Unown can only know one move, making a Mega Evolution useless. Smeargle needs to be as weak as it is to not be completely broken

The Unknown instead of letters of the alphabet become.....NUMBERS. Anyone?
:B

On an ever so slightly more serious note though, it seems like it would be somewhat difficult/messy to give Pokemon that have multiple forms some idea of Mega evolution (Giratina, Arceus, and Eevee to an extent because of its evolution capabilities based on environment; Arceus and Giratina on the fact that they only achieve different form/es based on held items). I really don't see the likes of Ditto being much of a reliable candidate based on its HA ability and the move 'Transform' in itself. Unknown and Smeargle kind of face similar issues since they only naturally learn a single move, and they end up gimmicky at best. I'd say all the other final evo pokemon are fair game though. Honestly.

Edit: I take that back; Kyurem is kind of a weird case too. He changes to Black/White form based solely on the fact that Zekrom or Reshiram are present. Though based on Kyurem's existence in the info that's been given us...if anything he'd be the one to have some form of 'Super Absofusion' with the other two members not getting individual Megas/power-up/whatever.

Last edited:

Jersey Jimmy

¿dónde está el FOUR DOLLA TUBA?
Farfetch'd. If I ever see a Mega Farfetch'd, I'll eat my guitar. Then again, I guess it'd be easy to design like Mega Sableye and just have its leek become this giant weapon of doom.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Honestly I'm hesitant to say anything is "unlikely" to receive a Mega. I'd have never guessed that Kangaskhan would get a Mega, and yet Mega Kangaskhan absolutely raped the metagame. So if I say "Oh, Mega Farfetch'd will never happen", I'd almost be willing to bet we'd see a Huge Power Mega Farfetch'd or some ******** like that next generation.

Rio!

Composer
Honestly I'm hesitant to say anything is "unlikely" to receive a Mega. I'd have never guessed that Kangaskhan would get a Mega, and yet Mega Kangaskhan absolutely raped the metagame. So if I say "Oh, Mega Farfetch'd will never happen", I'd almost be willing to bet we'd see a Huge Power Mega Farfetch'd or some ******** like that next generation.

Just as a suggestion for future posts, you might want to watch how your phrasing. Not cool.
And since you so brilliantly blocked me after leaving your...'piece' I suppose I'll call it it. Just because something isn't written doesn't automatically make it 'right'. To deny this is a sign of immaturity in itself.

Anyways in regards to Dunsparce, I say it could still very well happen, especially when you consider its attributes.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
While I don't see a Mega Dunsparce of Farfetch'd happening anytime soon, I wouldn't say they have absolutely no chance at all. The only Pokemon that I would count completely out would be gimmick Pokemon such as Wobbuffet, Smeargle, and Unown (And even then, who knows? Maybe they'll come up with some sort of crazy idea). Anything else really is fair game.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Due to an inherently gimmicky nature, some sytlistic choice it wouldn't gell with, things like forme change getting in the way, or simply the fact that a Mega Evolution wouldn't help them out, I see these Pokemon never getting a Mega Evolution: Ditto, the Eevee line, Unown, Wobbuffet, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Delibird, Smeargle, Shedinja, Castform, Deoxys, Rotom, Tao Trio, Zygarde and Hoopa

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I don't think the lake guardians or Regis will get them. They'd have to them them all Megas as they're in the same set. Same with the Legendary birds.

I want a mega Eeveelution(Umbreon to be precise) but I'd be worried only Sylveon would at first because it's "popular" and Fairies are new.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I don't think the lake guardians or Regis will get them. They'd have to them them all Megas as they're in the same set. Same with the Legendary birds.

That's not a problem whatsoever. They've given Megas to entire sets of Pokemon several times before (the Kanto starters, the Hoenn mascot legends, Latios/Latias).