• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon characters would you like to see in the next Super Smash Bros game?

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
Well, the game is only quite a few a few years away..

I honestly expect Leaf to appear, especially if she appears, or is mentioned, in BW or a RS remake. Red's hat appeared on Pikachu since the first game and then come Brawl he appears, being that he is the Pokemon trainer everyone thinks of (other then Ash, who is a counterpart of him).
Leaf's hat appeared on Jigglypufff, who arguably is a counterpart to Pikachu.

If not Leaf, then another female player (probably Lyra or Kris is she isn't Lyra, being that they were the first female protagonists to actually be implemented into the games)

We know that Meowth was supposed to be in the first game. Presumably Plusle and Minun were supposed to be in Brawl. Mewtwo was supposed to return for Brawl too, presumably.

Last edited:

uber9001

IN THE BATHROOM!
Um..What?

Anyway, if Leaf appears, I wonder what Pokemon she would have. Red has the Gen 1 trio. Maybe she'll have the legendary birds gen 2 trio? No..Legendary birds.
No. I don't want to see chikorita EVER again in SSB. I expect the Gen 5 girl to appear.

Tomato-kun

I'm clueless ♥
No. I don't want to see chikorita EVER again in SSB. I expect the Gen 5 girl to appear.

It's already appeared in Melee and Brawl.

I never said Chikorita. One it's evolutions probably. I doubt White will appear. There's nothing special about her other then being older then the others.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Each gen needs a rep dang it.

Thus, we need someone from 3rd gen. Maybe Aggron? Pokemon would finally have a Bowser-type character besides Charizard. Or maybe Manectric: Faster and stronger than Pikachu but gets hit more.

LR2K

Zoroark looks like a brilliant contender (being Lucario-esque). I just really hope they would not force him have his ability Illusion (would be a cool Taunt, really).

I would like another Pokemon Trainer type character (only make sure the "switches" provide Super Armor, so you are not being punished all of the time). I really think the third generation would work (also fit the timing for fifth gen [3rd gen remake probably]), with Mudkip, Combusken, and Sceptile.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I'd just like to see a big increase in Pokeball Pokemon. It's such a fun mechanic of the game.

Dattebayo

Banned
If the next game will have 5 Pokemon reps, then Dawn (or Lyra if Dawn doesn't make it) and Zoroark. But if the game will have 6 Pokemon reps (if it also has 6 Mario reps and 5/6 Zelda reps) the same two Pokemon characters I've mentioned plus Mewtwo (with a major improvement to his play style). I'm making these statements by noticing the patterns within each Smash Bros. game (Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon having almost equal reps and 2 new Pokemon reps in each game)

Last edited:
We know that Meowth was supposed to be in the first game. Presumably Plusle and Minun were supposed to be in Brawl. Mewtwo was supposed to return for Brawl too, presumably.
What? How do we know that Meowth was supposed to be in the first game? Plusle and Minun in Melee?

On to the main point...
I honestly expect Leaf to appear, especially if she appears, or is mentioned, in BW or a RS remake. Red's hat appeared on Pikachu since the first game and then come Brawl he appears, being that he is the Pokemon trainer everyone thinks of (other then Ash, who is a counterpart of him).
Leaf's hat appeared on Jigglypufff, who arguably is a counterpart to Pikachu.
Honestly, Leaf should have been implemented in Brawl as simply a color change. Wario had two whole sets of costumes; why not Pokemon Trainer? Four could be Red, four for Leaf!

The only problem? Some people would want Leaf's Pokemon to be shiny. If they did that, though, nobody would use the regular Pokemon.

As to what Pokemon should be in the next Smash Bros., I'm really not certain. Before Brawl was even mentioned, I thought that Sceptile, Blaziken, and Swampert would make excellent Smash Bros. Perhaps if they do a remake that would make some sense, but that might be too many Pokemon Smash Bros. I certainly don't want to do without Pokemon Trainer, because he is (and she would be) one of the best Smash Bros.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Donno about characters, but I want the Distortion World to be a level.

Tag3r

i wantz beef!
what would profession oak do? Teach you how to catch a Pokemon?

Dattebayo

Banned
Honestly, Leaf should have been implemented in Brawl as simply a color change. Wario had two whole sets of costumes; why not Pokemon Trainer? Four could be Red, four for Leaf!

There's one problem to that idea: the voice acting. Switching Red for Leaf would also mean changing their voices and dialogue as they are two different trainers, unless Red's VA can do the voice for both.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
~see signature~

V

Coreracer15

Master of the Sea
i want may to be in the next one. she could have treecko, combusken, and swampert. it would be awesome!
zoroark should be in it too. mewtwo needs a comeback also.
they should have tohjo falls as a level. or some other place in johto.