• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Did You Use Your Masterball On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togetictoc

I'm no Fairy.
Still not used it in Pokemon Black
Used it on Kyurem in White, I just couldn't be bothered to spend a year tossing poké balls at it.

Lubu195

Pokemon Collector
I always use mine on those roaming pokemon cause there so annoying to try and get

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Used mine on Tornadus, I usually waste my master ball on roaming Pokemon that I can even catch with arena trap...

blackterminator3

I have never used a master ball for a legendary, however I will use it for a shiny Pokemon.

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
I agree with using it on the roamers, any other pokemone can be caught with enough pokeballs, the roamers could potentially take you the longest to catch by having to track it down each and every time, unless you shadowtag or mean look it.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I used mine on Zekrom. Was it worth it?
Reshiram and Zekrom actually have a higher catch rate than most (if not all) other legendaries, because you're required to catch them to advance the storyline. They can't even be Shiny, so there's no risk of accidentally knocking out a Shiny Reshiram or Zekrom. Sorry to say, I think you really wasted the Master Ball there.

I agree with using it on the roamers, any other pokemone can be caught with enough pokeballs, the roamers could potentially take you the longest to catch by having to track it down each and every time, unless you shadowtag or mean look it.
I don't agree with using them on the roamers, actually. It's true that any other Pokémon can be caught with enough Poké Balls, but you gotta plan for such eventualities as Shinies that know Explosion/Selfdestruct/Perish Song/any recoil move (unless it has Rock Head). Or Shiny Metang/Metagross/legendaries. For roamers, my personal favorite strategy is to put them to sleep and wear them down to 1 HP (obviously would have to be done over the course of several battles), then just chucking a Quick Ball at the beginning of each subsequent encounter. This way, you can get the benefits of a Quick Ball on an already weakened Pokémon, which is normally impossible. It's how I caught Thundurus last month.

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
I used mine on Tornadus, as I detest runners. But thanks to all my GTS trades, I have extras.

Rhiannon

Likes poison pokemon
I can't stand masterballs, though I used them when I was little.

They're ugly, and completely ruin the fun of the chase.

Plus, it makes me ridiculously proud to catch a legendary in a premierball or some other kind of ball that, for some reason, compels me to capture them with.

For example, I caught Zekrom with a premierball, and I'm planning on catching Reshiram with a luxury.

Don't get me started on the roamers. I wish there were more.

Iblistech

Simply Fabulous
I never bothered to use it when I played Black, and don't plan on using it in White either.

EoTN

I soft reset to get a shiny kyurem. When it showed up I used a master ball. Same idea for volcarona.

never use it, and i mean never, not even in gen 1 not now, it's the ugliest pokéball form them all, it just sucks... and i rather catch all my pokémon in pokéballs -red and white, old school pokéballs, not repeat or quick or dive or timeballs, red and white pokéballs, each and every one of them, altho in my White i caught zekrom on a Luxury and i'm planning to catch Reshiram on a Premier

edit: on my Pokémon Black i just reach the mall on route 9 and notice that another item i've never ever ever use is the pokédoll/pokétoy to flee a batlle with a wild pokémon... i mean is this really necessary

Last edited:

Jay305

I used it on Tornadus after I realized he can run even after being put to sleep (-_______-)

Pato361

I haven't used the masterball on any of my previous playthroughs.I like to catch all my pokémon in regular balls.
I have restarted my file now and don't plan it on using on anything only maybe for a shiny that has teleport, explosion etc or I'm scared of fainting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.