• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon do you think that the Writers Liked and Disliked?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
They sure dont like Aromatisse. We barely get to see this lovely Pokemon.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't think it's as much a matter as "like" or "dislike" and more of what they are allowed to use and what they have avoid.

Either way, treatment-wise, Chespin's got the worse. It was basically made a gag in a secondary character party while his fellow starters went to more relevant characters.

I mean, I like Clemont and all but... He didn't need a starter.

And it's hilarious that, in a way, we've had two Chespins and both end up being mostly irrelavant. Even if I like Mairin's, all it did was become a plot device to up Alain's angst

Pokemonfan5

I think Lucario is one of the Pokemon writers like too much that they make it look like legendary, having full movie about him and aura thing, first time Ash battle Lucario and only tie with him despite having so much luck on his side, than get wrecked by Cameron lucario a DEM, later get destroy by Korrina Lucario twice, Kukui's Lucario broke the trend of Ash getting wrecked by Lucario, but than they bring back Lucario favouritism by giving Ash his own Lucario with sooooo much screentime compared to other pokemons than for some reason he is forgotten like other JN team now.

Last edited:

DMS_Shisui

Torterra. Both Paul and Ash's were barely shown. Paul didn't even bother to use his Torterra against Brandon, nor was it used in their final battle in the Sinnoh League. Ash's Torterra, well, you know what happened there. I feel like the writers missed an opportunity by not having a rivalry between the two Torterras that could've culminated at the Sinnoh League. It would've been nice seeing Ash have two regional aces. But no, instead we had Ash's Torterra get crapped on by a weakened Drapion.

nickdt

They probably hated Torkoal which explains why they gave it that annoying crying trait and had him lose his only BF battle.

And I think they hated Glalie too and only had Ash's Snorunt evolve so that Ash would have another strong Pokemon for the Hoenn league.

tbh, i don't think they hate Glalie as a line though. It has appeared in every series since its introduction (Except for XY, but that was made up with it appearing in the Volcanion movie, which is a gen 6 one). It has even appeared twice in SUMO and Journeys.

Heck, i am even gonna make the bold statement someone at the Pokemon Company/Gamefreak has Glalie as its favorite mon, due to it appearing in every game/generation since its debut (Even getting a Mega in ORAS, despite Glalie being one of the least obvious mons to get one), except for gen 5 and obviously Lets Go and is obviously gonna appear again in the Sinnoh remakes and most likely also Legends Arceus.

With certain Pokemon, it might look they are hated due to the treatment of Ash's, but look at Boldore for example. It only skipped XY as a series. However, since then, it has appeared 10 times in Sun and Moon and 3 times in Journeys. But this are only the major and minor appearances, it has appeared far more as a background mon in other Journeys episode (It even appeared as a wild Boldore in the falinks episode as a background mon).

However, the biggest disliked normal (So non-legendary) Pokemon is Klang. It has yet to appear in the Pokemon Anime and we are three series in after its debut.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I don't think they're fond of Bangiras since they've made it a villain in many of its appearances, almost as often as Spear and Gyarados. I have no particular attachment to the species either, but it's somewhat sad to see one of the more popular Gen II species receive such a bad showing in the series.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
A Pokemon I think they like?

Definitely Blaziken

It is literally the only Starter Pokemon that has never been seen losing a battle on-screen...
(Not counting the Galar Starters for obvious reasons)

We have never seen a Blaziken faint in the Anime before

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
They really hate Zapdos for some reason, always getting owned by newbies while Moltres/Articuno can give fierce fights to experienced mons

Pokemonfan5

A Pokemon I think they like?

Definitely Blaziken

It is literally the only Starter Pokemon that has never been seen losing a battle on-screen...
(Not counting the Galar Starters for obvious reasons)

We have never seen a Blaziken faint in the Anime before
I think it's mostly because of Blaziken not use much in battles, I can't remember Feraligatr and Typhlosion faint in anime as well