• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon do you use for Battle Hall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiomasta

Not amused
complete loss on battle 79. So darn close to gold

What?
The second time you fight the Brain in the Hall is on battle 172. That's not even close.

in diamond i use these different pokemon. and i vary the teams=
metagross-tyranitar-dragonite-espeon-lucario-glacieon-togekiss.
i don't use legandaries, you cant make train them easily because you usually get them at a high level....

my best team is tyranitar-dragonite-metagros, they got me past the 2nd frontier brain battle!

This is about the Battle Hall on Platinum, not the Tower.

I went with Garchomp once... Managed to beat all Dark and Ice, which means that I couldn't fight that Weavile anymore, so I thought I actually had a chance on the gold print.

On battle 78 or 79, I went against a Manectric. No big deal, right? Wrong.
Earthquake, he survives from Focus Sash. It used Signal Beam, and guess what, Garchomp got confused.
Garchomp hit itself. Manectric uses some move which I forgot. Garchomp hit itself. Garchomp fainted.

Cerex

I've raised my Pokemon to Lv. 100 so it's a bit easier now. Currently I'm using the standard Electrive, Magmotar, and Dragonite. I'm in the process of training a couple of others like Togekiss, which would be able to handle that damn Shedinja with Air Slash.

I haven't made my way to the Gold print yet, but I think hopefully if I get my Salamence leveled up it can do the job.

~:Shadow:~

Empoleon, my favourite starter among his mates.

Tamsy

Managed a 50 streak with my gyarados. Streak remains untouched since. Slap on a ficus sash and go to town!

Tiomasta

Not amused
I was with my Gyarados too. I got to 133 then lost.
There were some rather cool battles.

Like that Salamence with that berry which raises Atk. Gyarados survived with SIX HP before dealing the finishing blow. IV breeding FTW.

There was that Thunder Punching Dusclops. Gyarados Bites, takes 1/3 HP. Then Gyarados gets Thunder Punched and survives with the Focus Sash.
I needed two more hits to win, while I would lose from any hit. I thought "so I lose here". Well, no, I got a crit and won.

A Crawdant. I Earthquake and it loses 1/3 HP, then he attacks for about the same damage.
Same thing happens at the second turn, everyone has low HP and I go first, so I win.
Not. Crawdant's Quick Claw activates.

This is the set I was using, BTW:

Gyarados @ Focus Sash
Jolly, 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Bite(to kill Shedinja, also is better than Waterfall while fighting Psychics or Ghosts)

Oh, yes, a tip. If you just want to get scores for the bonus BP or the fans, then first beat all first 5 matches of all types. Because the first 5 battles are always easy wins.

Last edited:

ARCEUS£^

Spain fc ROCK
i use magikarp until 7867 when they sent out a raikou now i have to start all over again but this time with a marill.its doing good at 790

mas

I use Heatren and starters.

Giratina93

King of the Koopas
I happen to use...

Lv. 76 Houndoom (Choice Specs)
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb

Managed to beat Argenta's Flareon. Dumb Eevelution used Lava Plume on my FLash Fire Houndoom... killed it with 2 Dark Pulses.

And now, I have a silver print!

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
Noobs. All of you. Especially those of you who use CB Garchomp.

If you want to win at Battle Hall, CB Slaking is the way to go. I think I'm the one who first introduced him as a viable candidate for Battle Hall. Anyways, I got to 210 with him, before I got OHKO'd by a Critical Hit Leaf Storm from a Sceptile. CB Giga Impact OHKO's everything that doesn't resist it.

The Mighty Wurmple

*isn't quite sure if that ARCEUS person is using sarcasm, or if he's trying to make us believe it s:*

I personally use a Focus Sashed Sharpedo, High Attack + Speed, Strong STAB attacks, priority and decent movepool, Rough Skin can come in handy too.

Last edited:

Tiomasta

Not amused
Noobs. All of you. Especially those of you who use CB Garchomp.

If you want to win at Battle Hall, CB Slaking is the way to go. I think I'm the one who first introduced him as a viable candidate for Battle Hall. Anyways, I got to 210 with him, before I got OHKO'd by a Critical Hit Leaf Storm from a Sceptile. CB Giga Impact OHKO's everything that doesn't resist it.

While CB Slaking is pure win, I'm sure at least some people are trying to get high total scores, not only the prints.

Giga Impact, Earthquake and Shadow Claw?

JDavidC

1st, CB Garchomp is actually quite good, I got past 170 with mine (I did switch to focus sash the odd time for bug/steels that could strike back with counter), so your noob comment has been disproven. 2nd, As for CB Slaking, there's a major problem with Giga Impact, it doesn't have 100% accuracy, so if you miss, the enemy has 2 turns to smack you around with (rank 10 Poliwrath with Haxnosis and Focus Blast says hi).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Geez, I've tried using Garchomp at the Battle Hall. It works great, I'll be using this for a long time.

DSi_Boy__

im bak - TRADE AWAY!
The Pokemon I use for the battle hall.

I simply use a EVD Shiny *Blissy*.Sometimes I use my Torterra,but most of the time I use EVD *Shiny* Blissy

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
While CB Slaking is pure win, I'm sure at least some people are trying to get high total scores, not only the prints.

Giga Impact, Earthquake and Shadow Claw?

??? I got a high streak AND prints... not sure what you're saying.

Giga Impact, Earthquake, Shadow Claw, and Fire Punch (for Bronzong and Skarmory).

1st, CB Garchomp is actually quite good, I got past 170 with mine (I did switch to focus sash the odd time for bug/steels that could strike back with counter), so your noob comment has been disproven. 2nd, As for CB Slaking, there's a major problem with Giga Impact, it doesn't have 100% accuracy, so if you miss, the enemy has 2 turns to smack you around with (rank 10 Poliwrath with Haxnosis and Focus Blast says hi).

Nope. Still a noob. Nothing original about using CB Chomp.

And I'm lucky. If and when GI misses, it's usually against a Pokemon that can't 2HKO it.

Ampy

Light The Stars
I simply use a EVD Shiny *Blissy*.Sometimes I use my Torterra,but most of the time I use EVD *Shiny* Blissy

Lol. Sorry Blissey isn't going to last long.

I use a CB Gallade, or give it Focus Sash for those annoying Forretress

Status
Not open for further replies.