• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What pokemon game did you start first?

What is the game you first played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
First Gerneration Red Version, I miss those days of happiness!!

Necro101

I started playing Pokemon in generation 3. I got introduced to Pokemon by my cousin who started in generation 3 too. But, I had played Silver before that but, I did not like the graphics.

RAWK ON

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
Why the shame ?

From what I've seen on some sites, starting on Gen III or later makes you a noob, etc. and that it means you don't experience "true" Pokemon. I wholly disagree with this: by the time my young little brain was developed enough to play video games RS had been released.

Tshiv

Crank it up to 11!!
I started with good ole Pokemon Blue, followed shortly by Yellow. Good times were had by all. :)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
2nd gen. I started with Silver in Christmas 1999, then got Crystal, then Red, then Yellow. I got everything after that in order.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Gen 3 was my first, with a used Sapphire.

Zexiontwo

Cursed sun...
Technically I started with Battle Stadium, but my first mainstream was Silver. I skipped third gen and then got Soul Silver XD So I've been a Johto freak from the get go, but Charizard is a beast!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Pokemon Red. 1998.
Ah... nostalgia.

Suddenly, I feel so old.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Started with silver, then realized half way and played yellow and went back to it, and went on from there

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Oh my gosh.. I think it was... <.> Silver. I forget tho, it was when I was in 2nd grade.. I think >.>

But, Ahh. Silver version with Lugia... the golden times.

Rinni

Hero of the Storm
Gen 1 with Pokemon Blue. But I got it around the same time as Pokemon Gold. I had to wait till Xmas '01 for my Gameboy Colour.