• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Game should start the 3DS era for it?

What Pokemon game should start the 3DS era for Pokemon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
I think the RS re-makes will be on it, to show the new technology, think about it, RB re-makes was on gameboy advance, HG re-make was ds, now that will on on the 3DS,.

bateson14

dragon master
i think it would be cool if they put all the regions into 1 game

I think the RS re-makes will be on it, to show the new technology, think about it, RB re-makes was on gameboy advance, HG re-make was ds, now that will on on the 3DS,.

Yeah. You can't break the pattern of what games are released on each console.

Diamond and Pearl were on the DS, then came Platinum.

So Black and White are on the DS, then come Grey.

*sprays BCVM22 attracting spray by saying that if Grey was on the 3DS it could restrict Pokeshift between 4th gen"

YEAH! Save that thought for the final generation of Pokemon.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Generation 6. It seems perfect for Genration 6.
The Hoenn Remakes...maybe.
Pokemon Gray...no.
But Generation 6 is a yes. :)

DayDreamX

You lost the game
i want the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire to be on the 3DS. if black and white are on the DS, then gray should be too. Also, 6th gen is too far away. I mean they just created 5th gen!

PokeFandom

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
I think first we'll get a completely new type of Pokemon spinoff. It will utilize the 3D aspect much like how Dash utilized the touch screen. This spinoff will either just be 1 like Dash or start a new spinoff series like Ranger and MD.

The first main game I think will either be Grey or a RS remake. They could put Grey first as they did with Crystal. RS remakes might be first to show off new 3D capabilities.

ForeverFlame

This will never happen. Right now there's five regions, which means that there are only 20 levels per region. So, in other words, the Kanto Elite 4 will be Level 20 max.

Anyway, IMO Pokemon Grey will be 3DS enhanced, but it will also work for the regular DS as well. The Ruby and Sapphire remakes will probably be exclusively for the 3DS though.

I hope the first Pokemon Spin-off for the 3DS is Pokemon Snap 3DS with augmented reality. That would be beyond amazing.

Last edited:

yeminied

It makes sense for Pokemon "Grey" to be one the 3DS. Platinum had much lower sales than Diamond and Pearl and a large reason for that would be because it didn't offer a lot more than Diamond and Pearl. The same is true for Emerald.

And why would anyone buy a video game for a console that has been out dated and improved on for more than a year.

"Grey" should be on the 3DS because you can still send Pokemon over and it will be the only way to play in Unova on the 3DS and the only way to communicate with the Ruby/Sapphire remakes which will be made and will be bought.

I think Generation V will follow Generation IV and have the 3rd version come out first and the remakes coming out last. Therefore I think "Grey" will be the next main series game to come out. But then hey, they may surprise us and bring out an all new main series game. No one knows until Game Freak reveals information to us.

UnovaSwampert

Ruby and Sapphire.

This is because "Grey" will be on the DS, seen how it's predecessors were. Then after that, it makes logical sense that after the 3DS price falls, they will release remakes.

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
I think it will be Generation 6 or a spin off game. I don't think the third version or the remakes would be on 3DS. I think they will still be for DS so they are completely compatible with each other.

Monster_Breeder

<---- need this!
R/S remakes, it just would seem awkward in my opinion for Nintendo to just suddenly make a Gen. 5 game available for a new DS console while the other two are for the "old" DS consoles. R/S remakes are obviously wanted by many (me included! :D ) and I believe that Nintendo could definately harness all the 3D capability of the 3DS with the R/S remakes. Plus...let's all just sit back and imagine things like the underwater features of R/S, legendary battles/sequences, and overall image quality in 3D!!!

Aegon

I could see "Grey" having added features on 3DS. It doesn't matter which game is for 3DS - a RSE remake or "Grey"; people will buy the 3DS for these exclusive games. I don't see why you wouldn't buy a 3DS, anyway, as from now on, games like Pokémon, Layton, Zelda, Mario - basically every new game - will be only available on 3DS. The console will be a major hit, there's no doubt. If a game that many want comes out for 3DS, the console will sell. I think we'll see a Pokémon 3DS game very soon.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast

I think Generation V will follow Generation IV and have the 3rd version come out first and the remakes coming out last. Therefore I think "Grey" will be the next main series game to come out. But then hey, they may surprise us and bring out an all new main series game. No one knows until Game Freak reveals information to us.

This is interesting because in Gen III I enjoyed emerald more than I enjoyed Platinum in Gen IV. I believe this is because there was a breath of fresh air in between so it allowed me to enjoy emerald a lot more as I had played something different from the main series of games in the middle. For this reason I hope the RS remakes come out before Pokemon 'Gray' (as everyone is calling it) because of the reason above.

ONTOPIC:

If we are talking about a main series game coming out on the 3DS first I think it will be gray as they will follow the same formula as last generation (What I want and what I think will happen sometimes are different :p).

However, I still believe a totally new spin-off will appear before the main series utilising the brand new features of the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.