• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Need But Don't Have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley

Rawr
Tri-attack is kinda weird, don't you think?
following it's description, it really should be a fire, ice, and electric typed attack.
And how are those capable of wielding the attack generate the power to use the attacks?

Porygon-Z can use tri-attack but not flamethrower.
Magneton can use tri-attack but is unable to create a beam of ice or a stream of flames. And how does magnetism generate those lesser elements nessary for tri-attack anyways?

There needs to be more clarification on how tri-attack is performed. not just cause there's three of something.

My guess is that Tri-Attack uses three weak elemental attacks to form one large attack, but if used separately, each of those attacks wouldn't be as powerful as say, Ember or Powder Snow. So Porygon-Z can create enough "fire"power to use Tri-Attack, but that fire attack alone isn't anywhere near as strong as Flamethrower.

On the subject of Tri-Attack, according to what NotChip said, Ground pokemon also shouldn't be paralyzed by Tri-Attack, since the paralysis is caused by the Electric portion of the move.

Innocent Squirtle

My guess is that Tri-Attack uses three weak elemental attacks to form one large attack, but if used separately, each of those attacks wouldn't be as powerful as say, Ember or Powder Snow. So Porygon-Z can create enough "fire"power to use Tri-Attack, but that fire attack alone isn't anywhere near as strong as Flamethrower.

On the subject of Tri-Attack, according to what NotChip said, Ground pokemon also shouldn't be paralyzed by Tri-Attack, since the paralysis is caused by the Electric portion of the move.

Three weak beam merge together to form a powerful blast.
I must say your idea makes sense, Ridley.
But what gives it its 70 base power? And since all three are fired simultanously, would it be because of the "sensations" attributed to the beams?

Edit: On a different topic here, Rayquaza needs Sky Attack. It's the most powerful flying type attack, and considering rayquaza is the primal force of the sky in the pokemon world.
I think they didn't give it the attack was because it's base power wasn't 150 (c'mon, it was only 10 points off), and hyper beam was the signiture move of the dragons, since they are the few pokemon that learns it through level-up.

Last edited:

qwerty2263

The Hat > You.
Dragonair wants fly, blastoise wants crunch and higher stats.

m190049

Local psychopath
I have a feeling this was said One-Hundred Thoudsand Times, but...

Flareon NEEDS Flare Blitz darnit!
Give it that, and it is instantly an OU.

Scyther and Scizor should have Hyper Cutter. LOOK AT THEM! Hyper cutter? Pokemon With blades and Scissors for Arms? Hyper Cutter? Blades? Scissors? Cut? Blade? Scissor? HUH!?

Kingudora

My favourite
I have a feeling this was said One-Hundred Thoudsand Times, but...

Flareon NEEDS Flare Blitz darnit!
Give it that, and it is instantly an OU.

Scyther and Scizor should have Hyper Cutter. LOOK AT THEM! Hyper cutter? Pokemon With blades and Scissors for Arms? Hyper Cutter? Blades? Scissors? Cut? Blade? Scissor? HUH!?

Yes they could easily changed fire blast to Flare Blitz

And its a little to late now for Schyter and Scizor, since they already got two abilities

Toge family needs Tri Attack
If not that, at least Swift

Cyber-Crash

Flareon does need Flare Blitz, Fire Fang isn't enough to help it's physical stats. It's practically a UU Pokemon.

Gyarados would a least have one physical Flying-type move.

Blaziken needs to know Close Combat.

kinglax

will give nethin 4it
Dragonair needs fly man.... Straight up....

SpoinkDude

Gyarados would a least have one physical Flying-type move.

Blaziken needs to know Close Combat.

When/if Blaziken gets Close Combat it'll probably become an instant OU, as it's Atk and SAtk are both higher than Infernapes.

And...I can't...believe it.....PARASECT can learn Aerial Ace and Gyarados can't even learn a Flying Type Move and it's a Flying Type Pokemon!

Gyarados should have Aerial Ace at the least!

sanjay120

?(???)?
Aerial Ace's Japanese name is something like 'Hatching Swallow'. This implies that the Pokemon needs something sharp enough to hatch out of an egg with. Gyarados is all fins and giant teeth. Unfortunately the teeth are too big and clumsy to use, also it hatches as Magikarp which can't do **** to an egg.

Innocent Squirtle

When/if Blaziken gets Close Combat it'll probably become an instant OU, as it's Atk and SAtk are both higher than Infernapes.

And...I can't...believe it.....PARASECT can learn Aerial Ace and Gyarados can't even learn a Flying Type Move and it's a Flying Type Pokemon!

Gyarados should have Aerial Ace at the least!

What?!! I thought aerial ace was a fast slice attack.
And parasect's base speed is on par with the base speed of slowbro.
And I always wondered why gyarados is flying type. It movepool or pokedex entry never really supported that.
And Rayquaza needs to learn to learn sky attack. Who agrees with me?
The reasons are in this page but a bit above.

Status
Not open for further replies.