1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Pokemon should people have gotten/had?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Nightlingbolt, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Nightlingbolt

Nightlingbolt AKA Nightlingbolt

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of what Pokemon a member of the main cast should have. Basically, you name a character, then a Pokemon, and explain your reasons for having that Pokemon.

This is not like the Next Pokemon thread, because there, you discuss someone may catch. Here, we accept that someone won't catch a certain Pokemon, no matter how much we wish they would.

To show you how it's done, I'll say Dawn should have caught a female Snorunt and evolve it into Froslass because Froslass is graceful and elegant, something Dawn could have used in Contests.

2. BirdStaraptor

BirdStaraptor Sinnoh Master

Ash should have caught Luxio who later evolves to Luxray, but I know that won't happen because of pikachu.

3. ShinyCharyZard

ShinyCharyZard Honesty=Infractions

pfft, we already had a thread like this. A mod came in and said it was like the Next Pokemon Thread even though it wasn't.

So don't expect it to be open for long.

4. Nightlingbolt

Maybe, but either contribute while it's open, or stop wasting time trying to rain on my parade. And just to piss you off, AMBIPOM IS NOT LEAVING!!!

Zoey should have caught a Rhyhorn. With moves like Rock Tomb, Stone Edge, and Dragon Pulse, it could have decent Contest potential... at least until it evolves.

5. ShinyCharyZard

I don't see how that would piss me off, as I don't want Ambipom to leave. I'm just accepting the possibility that it might, unlike some ignorant people.

*goes to dig up post from previous similar thread*...ah, here we go:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  6. Nightlingbolt

I'm not saying I don't accept Ambipom may be leaving. All I know is Dawn's not getting too far in the Grand Festival without her, especially if she keeps on using Buneary and - God forbid - Pachirisu for her appeals.

Ash should have caught Magby. I always considered Electabuzz and Magmar to be counterparts of each other, and Ash having Magby in response to Paul's Elekid would reflect that perfectly, given that Ash is Paul's polar opposite.

Brock should have caught Shieldon. There could have been an Underground episode instead of the bullcrap during the Oreburgh Gym episodes, Brock could have found and revived an Armor Fossil, giving him Shieldon.

Actually, I think one of the Shieldon in the Hunter J episode was particularly attached to Brock. I don't know, it's been about a year since I saw the episode.

7. crawdauntpro

crawdauntpro darksidetrainer

I think: -

Ash;
    Larvitar - To help mature it into a strong pokémon and a power house for the Battle Frontier in the future.
    Mudkip(Dewford) - Would have been good in the Hoenn League.
    Combusken (Slateport) - Would have been good in the Hoenn League.
    Scyther (Bug-Catching Contest) - Evolve into Scizor, strong and quick also a Steel type which he's never had before.
    Fearow (Veridian - Kanto End) - To show him growing in his first season.
    Weedle (Veridian - Kanto Start) - To show him growing in his first season.

Brock;
    Rhyhorn
    Shieldon
    Nosepass

Rock types are his specialty.
    That's it for now!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  8. Nightlingbolt

You're supposed to give reasons! Otherwise, it's exactly like the Next Pokemon thread, which is something we're trying to avoid!

Zoey should have had a Monferno, which would evolve into an Infernape by the Grand Festival. She had to have picked a starter Pokemon. Turtwig doesn't fit with Zoey being from Snowpoint City, and Dawn already has Piplup, not to mention Kenny and Prinplup and Barry and Empoleon.

9. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Um you're forgetting that in the anime and in the games, not everyone who is a trainer has one of the official starter Pokemon. Zoey's unofficial starter Pokemon could've easily been Glameow.

10. kemal07

kemal07 Well-Known Member

Brock - Rhyhorn- Rhydon- Rhyperior
    Dawn - Eevee- Leafeon
    James - Tangela - Tangrowth

11. joker0187

joker0187 my rolfcopter goes..

dude, just participate
    why waste space?????????

anyways, i think ash should have gotten a lucario
    it would have been nice for him to have a decent figthing pokemon

12. kris198921

kris198921 Well-Known Member

what about when chimchar evolves, what monferno is a decent fighting type.

13. dman_dustin

I think Ash should've caught a Misdreavus. I honestly thought he would catch one after the Johto League with that minor Misdreavus part, but he didn't.

I don't know Misdreavus seems like an okay choice for Ash. But now I doubt he'll ever catch one.

14. ShinyCharyZard

I dunno, the only Ghosts i could really ever see Ash having are the Gastly or Duskull line.

He so should have caught that Haunter.

15. dman_dustin

I would've preferred it be Gastly, but Haunter did bond with Ash in the episode so that's probably why. But if it was Gastly there could've been a higher chance Ash kept it. I suppose the writer let him borrow Haunter because it was easier to give to Sabrina.

16. milenadrg

milenadrg Well-Known Member

Dawn
    Empoleon(NOT refuses to evolove)
    Buneary
    Pachirisu
    Arcanine
    Mamoswine

Ash
    Pikachu
    Grotle
    Staravia(not evoloves)
    Chimchar(not evoloves)
    Blue Shellos(later Gastrodon)
    Hippopotas(beifriends it and catpures)

Brock
    Sudowoodo
    Shieldon
    Happiny

Jessie
    Scorupi
    Yanmega

James
    Mr. Mime
    Gliscor

Barry
    Infernape
    And other of his team is OK

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  17. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Haunter just followed Ash like Jigglypuff, it was never officially his Pokemon.

18. Echoed-Lives-444

Echoed-Lives-444 Active Member

i think that ash should have caught hippopotas as he had a special connection with it.
    Also i think ash should have caugbht a mightyena i dont know why it just fits him.

19. NatOreN

NatOreN NOT THE FACE!!

Probably the hairdo. ;) ;262;

20. Echoed-Lives-444

Echoed-Lives-444 Active Member

thinking about it he may have a mightyena wig lol