• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon should people have gotten/had?

kemal07

Brock-Shieldon-Bastiodon
Dawn-Cherubi-Cherrim
Ash-Ralts-Kirlia-Gallade
James-Tangela-Tangrowth

Araleon

Chill
Dawn: Drifblim. It could've been awesome, but, sadly, it won't happen. Plus, I wish she kept Ambipom.

Ash: Well, a Gallade would've been cool. An awesome team for him in my mind probably wouldn't fit his character, or what the writers would do. I would've loved for him to have gotten Honchkrow for this region, but it never would've happened. I hae no real reason why I'd like that though.

Brock: Tangrowth. I'm doubting Brock catching anything else. Sudowoodo will probably go to the Gym after the League, Happiny will evolve twice, Brock will get a fifth Generation baby, and Croabunk will become his Pika/Piplup. The end.

dman_dustin

I'm going to a fun guess here. What if Ash started in Johto, or Hoenn or even Sinnoh instead of Kanto here's what I think his teams would be at the end (now don't let the fully evolved teams roll your eyes, I just prefer to work that way instead of guessing what should evolve or not and how many times (Starter Pokemon not included in the fully evolved Pokemon Team). I redid Kanto as well (so in Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh Ash only has one starter Pokemon).

Ash Starts in Kanto (remade)
Venusaur (instead of Charizard, I have a good reason for this, and it sort of follows a pattern)

Charmeleon (I know, I know but after all this is Kanto we are talking about, his home region should have all the starters, I did the same for if he started in Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh)

Squirtle (to finish the fire, grass, water)

Pikachu (still would've been his starter, though)

Butterfree (no surprises there unless him keeping it is a surprise)

Pidgeot (kept it)

Cubone/Marowak

Lapras

OI
-----

Primeape
Snorlax

Johto
---------

Feraligatr (he will always have a fully evolved starter per region, water type)

Magmar (look at Piloswine, and fire type)

Jumpluff (grass type)

Ledian (in place of Heracross, because he didn't catch six Pokemon like he did the real time, and it replaces Noctowl and Heracross)

Piloswine (just for laughs to give him a ground Pokemon (not Donphan), the reason why I chose Magmar and Piloswine is because they couldn't evolve at this point).

Hoenn
---------

Blaziken (see the pattern yet, fire type)

Gardevoir (something new)

Shftry (grass type)

Walrein (I really prefer the Spheal line over Corphish, even if Corphish/Crawdawnt aren't super terrible)

Flygon (again mostly ignore the fact they are all fully evolved)

Sinnoh
----------

Torterra (now you must see the pattern, grass type, it works out this way because there is a lack of grass types in Sinnoh)

Magmortar (his fire type, and the Magmar from before evolves)

Staraptor (no change, there)

Floatzel (water type)

Lucario (something new and yet predictable)

I just noticed I forgot to finish my Hoenn and Sinnoh lists, so I'll stop here.

Devastator1

I would have loved for ash to get a growlithe when charizard left.

In johto eevee would have been good. oaked when ash left for hoenn saga. it could've return for the johto frontier and probably evolved into glaceon or an eeveelution if they're doing that in the next generation

instead of corphish (sp?) in hoenn he should have got mudkip.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I have always wanted him to have a mygthiena also, a pokemon that only obeys a "true pack leader" .It would be awesome to seehow it completely ignores disobeys and atks him for being careless about his own pokemon strengths, it could teach a valuable lesson to both of them mygthyena(understanding that power is not all satoshi, well learning that diligence is not only about friendship but also about courage(wich he barely ever shows).
Also i think that brock could have gotten a luxray or a ponyta, dont know it fits him perfectly...
Hikari;(couldnt care less about her but...)just thinking in she training a leafeon seems cool.

Dax

Legend
Mightyena. It's probably the only pokemon I wanted Ash to have with passion. I knew it was never going to happen but I always had a small hope. Ever since the design of Mightyena came out I've been an extreme fan!

Chelc

I wanted May to catch that Azurill and keep Swablu. :[ Azurill seemed more like a missed opportunity, and I wanted her to go back and try to catch it again. As for Swablu, I thought her relationship with it was really sweet, and I really wanted her to have it. Both would have been cool to see in Contests, too.

andrew seth

master breeder

jessie should have kept her dustox so her team could be seviper dustox arbok.
james should have cacnea weezing carnivine and chimecho
dawn should have piplup buneary mamoswine ambipom espeon and togekiss

milenadrg

Ash's Kanto team:
Pikachu-Same
Pidgey>>Pidgeotto>>Pidgeot-I would make him catpuring it as Pidgey and evolove it earlier into Pidgeot
Bulbasaur-Same
Squirtle>>Wartortle-I would make it evolove into Wartortle
Charmander>>Charmeleon>>Charizard-Same, just I would keep it longer as Charmeleon...
Haunter>>Gengar-I would make Ash to catpure that Haunter he beifriended...
Oak's
Krabby>>Kingler-Same, just more used
Muk-See Krabby/Kingler...
Caterpie>>Metapod>>Butterfree-I will make it being kicked at Oak's...

mystkmastkal

Well I'm going to do one for Ash, i'm just going to list what pokemon i think would've been acceptable by my standards for each region.

Kanto:

Eevee - (caught before the gym battle at Celadon City, but Oak'd right after being caught.)

Johto:

Eevee -> Espeon - (While Ash was leaving for Johto, eevee went along for the ride and evolved later on.)

Teddiursa -> Ursaring (caught while Ash was traveling in the Ilex forest. At first it was a weak and terrible fighter, but after evolving, it turned out to be one of Ash's main fighters.)

Hoenn:

Anorith -> Armaldo - (resurrected from the Claw fossil Ash found, then became a strong asset to his hoenn team.)

Sinnoh:

Ehh I liked how his Sinnoh team is coming along, I probably wouldn't change a thing.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Obviously, I have always wanted one of the main characters to have a Gallade, but the only one I could see having one is Max, though they claim he's too young to have Pokemon (which I don't buy, there are a lot of trainers his age in the anime). ... ~Cough, cough~ Though he IS too young to be shipped with Mira... I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that Mira is under 10.

... back on subject. Personally, I have always imagined Dawn getting a Honchkrow, and I have no clue why, considering Paul already has one (I thought of it before Paul had one). Yeah, James does seem like he would have a Tangrowth. Even though Weavile seems pretty fitting for Jessie, I hope she doesn't get one... mainly because I can't stand Weavile. XD Well, that, and not to mention that Paul also has one. I could see Brock getting a Rhyperior, as he is still, technically, I rock Gym Leader.

Last edited:

~HikariSatoshi~

ღ ヒカリ ღ

Satoshi:
Mariruri
Fushigidane
Rizaadon

Hikari:
Eifi
Chikorita
Chirutarisu

Takeshi:
Denryuu
Bippa
Kusaihana

Last edited:

milenadrg

Ash-Johto
Pikachu
Hoothoot>>Noctowl-Everything same, just shows as an Hoot-hoot before he catpures it...
Heracross-Stays a little bit longer...
Chikorita-FOREVER stays as Chikorita
Cyndaquil>>Quilava-Evoloves in that battle with Skarmory...
Totodile>>Croconaw>>Feraligatr-Evoloves in Johto and becames powerhouse...

Jun's Heracross

Battle Ace
Ash - Hippopotas - it was too friendly with him even if it was just oaked and did a Krabby on us at the league.

Brock - That stantler from johto he befriended, probably get an evo next gen

May - the swablu that she nursed back to health, would of been a good addition

Dawn - Shellos west/blue version, go well seeing as naomi has the pink version

_Kaji_

Ash
-Quagsire(to replace the Totodile I feel Misty should have gotten.)

Misty
-Totodile

Brock
-Rhyhorn
-Swampert
-Stantler

May
-Kirlia

Tracey
-Smeargle (He probably would have gotten in it if he had stayed for Johto.)

I really couldn't bring myself to say anything for Dawn. Shes still too new for me to think of something she should have caught but didn't.