1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 1 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 8, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

As the title says. What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 1 playthroughs? Any great memories? Any Pokemon that in particular stood out?

[​IMG]
    Red's Team happily and victoriously coming out of Cerulean Cave...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Ashscot

Ashscot Member

I just recently did a playthrough of Pokemon Blue. I used a team of Pokemon I never used before and it was so much fun! Said team included:
    • Clefable
    • Pidgeot
    • Venusaur
    • Gyarados
    • Marowak
    • Flareon
    At the beginning of journey, Clefable was the star of the show. It easily handled Pokemon and grew relatively fast. By the time I got to the Elite Four, that all changed. Gyarados started to run the show and own opponents.

shoz999 likes this.
  3. Gizmoduck

Gizmoduck Burns eternally hot

It's funny you'd post a picture of Red, because I seem to recall taking direct influence from him in my most fun playthrough of the original games (Red) to trade them over to Silver.

I had a Pikachu, Primeape and a Poliwrath, for sure I recall. And I only used those six, which made the whole experience a bit more... what's the word... memorable.

shoz999 likes this.
  4. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

Thought it was a fitting image since it represents a lot of players happy moments of finally defeating a powerful opponent with their team of Pokemon they captured throughout the entire journey.