1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 1 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 8, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Quite a diverse team you got there.

2. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I didn't have enough room in my signature to add my VC Red team, but this is what I used:

• Blastoise
    • Raichu
    • Gengar
    • Vileplume
    • Fearow
    • Magmar

I was going to use Electabuzz in place of Raichu and was about to train one, but then I got lazy and stopped playing Red altogether once the nostalgia wore off.

Leonhart, Venomshock and shoz999 like this.
  3. Snupiks

Snupiks Active Member

I played several games for a while, but I don't quite remember which teams I had, except that in one I had a Swampert.

I do remember, however, that few years ago, when I played Red (original, not FireRed) for some time, I choose to have Spearow in my main team instead of Pidgey, or Weedle, instead of Caterpie - I thought it was "refreshing" to prefer Pokemon who aren't so fit for Satoshi.

4. Venomshock

Venomshock Active Member

I used Charizard, Nidoqueen, Pidgeot, Rhydon, Poliwrath and Exeggutor in Blue version. But that was such a long time ago and I don't even have that cartridge anymore.

Leonhart, RedBlastoise and shoz999 like this.
  5. Paul1985

Paul1985 Ana de Armas fan

Blue: Blastoise, Arcanine, Vileplume, Pidgeot, Machoke, and Electrode.

6. Kyuu-Tales

Kyuu-Tales 織田信長☆FAN

VC lineups:

Pikachu (Normal Playthrough)
    Pikachu
    Dragonair
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Blastoise
    Nidoking

Green (Manipulation Playthrough)
    Venusaur (Starter)
    Mew
    Zapdos
    Clefable (Normally caught)
    Nidoqueen (Normally caught)
    Blastoise

Blue (Nuzlocke Lite)
    Blastoise "Kame"
    Dodrio "Dori"
    Flareon "Boost"
    Vileplume "Zassou"
    Sandslash "San"
    Jynx (Wild-caught, got lucky) "Hitogata"

Red (Full Nuzlocke, in-progress)
    Charmeleon
    Raichu
    Wigglytuff
    Dugtrio
    Vaporeon
    Dratini

I was actually able to start up my old Blue version cartridge on one of the few working GBCs in my possession. Unfortunately... the team there was in shambles. (Boy, did I give my Pokemon some terrible names...) I surmise I traded a bunch of Pokemon to my Silver version, which I also had on-hand. I was crushed when I saw that the save file was wiped, as is the typical fate of Gen II hard copies' games. :(

I also checked my Japanese Yellow version, which I must've started a new game in because the Pokemon in my party were way underleveled. Dunno when that was.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  7. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

In Yellow I used Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Dragonite, Pidgeot and Mewtwo. In Blue I used Venusaur, Fearow, Kabutops, Alakazam, Gengar and Golem.

8. zolios

zolios Member

Gen 1 happened before my time so to speak so my first and only experience with it was on the 3DS Virtual Console, I got Yellow since I heard it was the most polished version of Gen 1 games and my team was:
    - Nidoking
    - Venusaur
    - Blastoise
    - Dodrio
    - Ninetales
    - Hypno

I really enjoyed this game a lot more than I expected considering how old it is. It was cool having a Nidoking line act as my starter for this game because I didn't want to use a Pikachu that can't evolve so I ditched it as soon as I obtained my Bulbasaur. The MVPs of the team were Nidoking and Dodrio.

9. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I've used a Nidoking before, and I think it's reliable and also cool-looking. I've never used Dodrio before, though. I've always found it to be sort of ghastly and unsightly, so I've never been eager to use one. I'm surprised to hear that it's actually a good Flying-type to use, so maybe I should stop being so averse to it.

shoz999, RedBlastoise and zolios like this.
  10. Sakuyamon

Sakuyamon Active Member

I used Charizard (later replaced by Moltres), Raichu, Golduck, Rhydon, Snorlax and Aerodactyl. It was a good team in Blue but I somehow couldn't ever beat my friends in link battles.

zolios likes this.