1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 2 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 9, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 It's a Brooklyn episode. So turn on the subtitles.

As the title says. What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 2 playthroughs? Any great memories? Any Pokemon that in particular stood out?

[​IMG]
    Untold stories of hundreds, maybe thousands of Pokemon Trainers, both new and experienced, sending their trained teams of trusted Pokemon to deal with the berserking Tower duo.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  2. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Well, I've only played Crystal, so my final team was Feraligatr, Fearow, Lanturn, Arcanine, Espeon and Nidoking. I remember spending days to make Eevee happy enough to evolve, and I also didn't want him to evolve too early because I wanted him to know Bite.
    Feraligatr
    @MyStiC Water
    -Surf
    -Ice Punch
    -Slash
    -Bite
    Fearow
    @pink Bow
    -Return
    -Drill Peck
    -Steel Wing
    -Fly
    Arcanine
    @charcoal
    -Flamethrower
    -Bite
    -Dragon Breath
    -Extreme Speed
    Espeon
    @BlackGlasses
    -Psychic
    -Bite
    -Zap Cannon
    -Morning Sun
    Nidoking
    @Soft Sand
    -Earthquake
    -Double Kick
    -Ice Punch
    -Fire Punch
    Lanturn
    @Magnet
    -Surf
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunder Wave

shoz999 likes this.
  3. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

Coming from Pokémon Red, I always made a point of only using 'new' Pokémon when playing GSC. As in, not using any of the original 151. It's something that stuck to this day. At the time, I didn't know some of the 'new' Pokémon could only be found in Kanto...

This is the team I use the most when I replay the games:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

But my very first team, if memory serves, was: Feraligatr, Noctowl, Ledian, Quagsire, Umbreon and Lugia. So, it was basically the same.

shoz999 likes this.
  4. Ignition

Ignition I had no standards yet I’m still disappointed lol

I don't remember my original Gold team because the game is just that bad but I do remember having a Typhlosion and Quagsire

shoz999 likes this.
  5. shoz999

Typhlosion is a favorite. I thought Flame Wheel was the coolest thing back as a kid.

6. Ignition

Ignition I had no standards yet I’m still disappointed lol

I thought Typhlosion was the "lesser evil" of the 3 but I did love it moveset.

shoz999 likes this.
  7. Yureishi

Yureishi Well-Known Member

Silver was my first ever Pokémon game and everything about it is a great remembrance. My team consisted of Meganium, Miltank, Lanturn, Xatu, Houndoom and Heracross.

shoz999 likes this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I recall using all three Gen II Starters in Gold version, as well as Entei, Lugia, and Mewtwo. I had to trade for most of them, which in itself was a memorable experience.

shoz999 likes this.
  9. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

For gen 2 my final teams were...

Team 1:
    Meganium
    Lanturn
    Girafarig
    Donphan
    Houndoom
    Scizor

Team 2:
    Typhlosion
    Granbull
    Steelix
    Crobat
    Kingdra
    Tyranitar

Team 3:
    Feraligatr
    Jumpluff
    Ampharos
    Togetic
    Umbreon
    Piloswine

shoz999 likes this.
  10. shoz999

I believe on my first playthrough as a kid, I had Pokemon Crystal. The Pokemon I caught I believe was Feraligatr, Onix, Haunter, Growlithe, Electrode, Scyther, Sudowoodo, Skarmory, a red shiny Golbat, a red shiny Gyarados, Mantine, Donphan, Poliwhirl, Quagsire and Umbreon.

I can't really remember which Pokemon I focused on except for Feraligatr but I recall catching a lot of Pokemon that couldn't evolve yet because I didn't have a trade link cable or that evolutionary stones weren't available at the time. Pokemon Crystal Version was my first Pokemon Main Series game actually so I was probably like six or seven at the time and I thought Steel Type were just the coolest. Funny thing is I never actually beat the game at the time, I was stuck after the 8th Gym Leader having no clue what to do afterwards lol, not realizing there was an entire new region to explore next to Johto. Although Feraligatr was definitely a memorable Pokemon, I can still remember his colorful evolution animation. Scyther was a Pokemon hard to catch only to find out I couldn't evolve it to Scizor lol because of no trade cable. Sudowoodo was a fun surprise and Skarmory was quite unexpected, finding it after the 8th gym. However a really unexpected counter was that I found a red shiny Golbat in Mt. Mortar.

11. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

I had Gold but I misplaced it along with my Gameboy Advance pretty early on. I didn’t get to far, but I know I had Chikarita as my starter. I found my game again several years later and tried to play it again. I don’t think I’ve ever beaten the Elite Four.

shoz999 likes this.
  12. shoz999

That reminds me of the time on my first playthrough that I not only didn't beat the Elite Four, I had no clue there was another region on the other side of Johto.

13. Thakamizu

Thakamizu Wicked Angel Witch

Pokémon Gold Team:
    Feraligatr
    Crobat
    Sunflora
    Alakazam
    Steelix
    Tyranitar

Greatest memories:
    Using Totodile, my favourite starter ever;
    The numerous trades and battles with friends;
    My friends always telling me I'm the only person in the world who uses Sunflora. They did obsess me a lot with this story back then, but this is a very funny memory;
    Getting stuck in so many parts of the Johto journey.