1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 3 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 9, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

As the title says. What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 3 playthroughs? Any great memories? Any Pokemon that in particular stood out?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Ruby and Sapphire leaping in joy alongside their Pokemon teams.

2. Gizmoduck

Gizmoduck Burns eternally hot

The very first time I played, I remember really loving my Linoone; despite how mediocre it is and how I didn't know anything about battling at the time either. No IV/EV knowledge, or even really natures.
    He was "docile" and "loved to eat", so he actually reminded me of a cat I was friends with.

This was R/S too, since I recall his pickup ability being awesome before Emerald nerfed it.

shoz999 likes this.
  3. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

In FireRed, my team was Venusaur, Fearow, Raichu, Vaporeon, Jynx and Arcanine.
    My LeafGreen team was Charizard, Fearow, Victreebel, Jolteon, Starmie and Nidoqueen.
    In Emerald, I used Swampert, Swellow, Manectric, Exploud, Gardevoir and Breloom.
    In Ruby, I started with Torchic (even though I'm not fond of Blaziken at all now), and my final team was Blaziken, Swellow, Breloom, Gardevoir, Azumarill and Absol. The latter two sadly weren't that good, since their STAB attacks were special-based.
    In Sapphire, I remember raising Sceptile, Swellow, Raichu, Starmie, Absol and Gardevoir.

4. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Master Breeder.

Such great memories came to my mind upon seeing the title. Still remember the first time my parents bought me Ruby and Sapphire, my dad thought they were separate games and got both, lol.

Been such a long time, but Sapphire was my main copy. I used Blaziken, Swellow, Walrein (I thought its eyes were its nostrils.), Aggron, Flygon and either one of Swampert or Crobat.

Sapphire is the first game I found my first Shiny ever: Zigzagoon at Route 119. I also jumped and freaked out when I found out Latias as the roaming Legendary. My next days spent searching Hoenn in and out to solve Latias' mystery and the three caves leading the Regis. I was confused by Braille, which in my opinion should have included a translation book or sorts.

For me, it was exactly the continuation of GSC. I felt the adventure visiting all the places by myself, my kid soul, attempting to wake Snorlax up, resetting my save file because I was stuck in SS. Anne, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Mt. Silver and Red. Raikou, also gave me a sudden heart attack when I first found it like Latias. I feel accomplished as I travel the region and find out something unique, fresh, a never-before-seen Pokémon to me at that time with my friends.

That's why I cherish the moments I had with Generation II and III. When there was no source, or you weren't allowed to surf in the web, you were all alone by yourself and friends to taste the actual feeling of adventure, what Pokémon was supposed to be until the current technology age where we are constantly spoiled intentionally or unintentionally day and night.

shoz999 likes this.