• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 3 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I recently did a Emerald play through again and used a team of

Flygon (My mvp)

Blaziken

Manetric

Gardevoir

Ludicolo

Glalie

I had some crazy battles with this team like how I used Trapinch to spam sand attack on Slaking and somehow didn’t get hit once during my petal burg city gym battle.I had never used a Glalie or Ludicolo before so this was fun even though Lonbre was pretty much useless until it learned surf (Idk why he doesn’t learn a water move until lv 42)

zolios

I did a Leaf Green playthrough earlier this year and I even posted about it a couple of times in the "Recent Happening Thread" but I never shared my final team in this thread until now.

My team was:
- Venusaur
- Pidgeot
- Clefable
- Vaporeon
- Marowak
- Hitmonlee

I really enjoyed this team because it consisted of some of my favorites that I wanted to use again like Venusaur, Pidgeot and Vaporeon but also the Pokemon that I always liked but never actually had a chance to use in a playthrough before like Marowak, Clefable and Hitmonlee. I also remember looking for a Thick Club on wild Cubone (5% chance on top of Cubone's 10% encounter rate) in Pokemon Tower for a few days and eventually finding one after over 3 hours of in-game time spent looking for it. It was worth it in the end because Marowak ended up being the strongest Pokemon on the team because he could OHKO most Pokemon thanks to his Thick Club.

Last edited:

Rodpaco

I remember having a pretty strong team in my original FireRed playthrough. The reason being that I got stuck for months and months trying to find the key to the Cinnabar gym, so I got plenty of time to train my team. The weakest member of my team by the time I reached the pokémon league was an Aerodactyl lv 56, the strongest was my Charizard (lv 70 by the time I reached Saffron City, and probably around lv 80-85 by the time I reached the pokémon league), and I also had a Dragonite. Can't remember the rest, but I probably had 1 or 2 legendary birds and maybe a Gyarados.
It all got destroyed when a friend deleted the save file and thus hundreds of hours of work... :mad:

In Sapphire I remember doing various playthroughs and picking Treecko and Torchic, but that's all I can remember. My Sapphire game has a pretty sad story as well, because I gave it to my sister when I got Emerald (because I thought Emerald was the same game but better, which I guess is true, but looking back I feel so dumb for not having kept Sapphire! xD) and she ended up losing it in some supermarket a year or 2 after...

In Emerald I remember playing with all the 3 starters (in different playthroughs, not the same one), and Rayquaza was the first pokémon I ever got to lv 100 (it should've been the Charizard of my original FireRed playthrough, though, I got it to lv 92-93 before the file got deleted). I also remember having a Wailord in the team at some point.

More recently, I'm pretty proud of my current FireRed team. These bad boys won me the second (and harder) round at the Elite Four:
- Heracross lv 54
- Tyranitar lv 58
- Dragonite lv 60
- Lapras lv 60
- Rapidash lv 60
- Venusaur lv 62

My Emerald team isn't too bad either:
- Gardevoir lv 40
- Camerupt lv 40
- Manectric lv 42
- Metagross lv 45
- Salamence lv 52
- Swampert lv 63

Last edited:

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
Back in the day, almost the 50% (myself included, of course) of my elementary school class had a Game Boy Advance with one of the Generation III titles. Just like now I wasn't a big fan of Link Battles, meaning so I only made use of Link Trades both for collecting Pokémon and fun - end of the speech.

In Pokémon Ruby, which happened to also be the first ever game of this series I've played with, I mostly made use of these sinister characters:
- Sceptile
- Slaking
- Camerupt
- Walrein
- Flygon
- Metagross