1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are to experience downtime on Monday September 21st to bring the forums up to the latest version of the software. As this is a big forum, it'll take multiple hours to transfer and then rebuild the styles. We apologise for the inconvenience. In the meantime, you'll still be able to chat in the Serebii Discord
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Pokemon Teams did you have on your Gen 4 playthroughs? Any good memories?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by shoz999, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Ignition

Ignition Don’t be so hostile over a children’s franchise

That was my exact same team when I first played Platinum or any Pokémon game in general so good taste (even if it’s not that unique).

From experience, Staraptor does good for both offense and defense (Intimidate) and it helped me with Cynthia just as much as my Infernape

2. NeganTheSavior

NeganTheSavior Well-Known Member

Close Combat is a lifesaver. One of the many reasons why Staraptor is awesome.

TwilightBlade, Leonhart and Ignition like this.
  3. jaden767

jaden767 Amphetamine

I used Torterra, Staraptor, Rapidash, Gyarados, Raichu and Lucario in Diamond. I always planned to replace Gyarados with either Floatzel or Gastrodon but never got around to it.

Sakuyamon, TwilightBlade and shoz999 like this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I once used an East Sea Tritodon (Gastrodon) in Pearl version, and I remember wondering if I should switch it with Gyarados since I thought it was stronger and faster. Ultimately however, I decided to use Floazel instead since I didn't like Gyarados's Intimidate Ability always activating whenever it gets sent out to battle.

Sakuyamon and shoz999 like this.
  5. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

I never used Gyrados in pearl because I try to only use new Pokémon.

6. charmanderandswampertguy

charmanderandswampertguy Thunder Trainer

My Soul Silver is my main game of Generation 4 and my team is:

Feraligatr
    Heracross
    Umbreon
    Arcanine
    Mamoswine
    Dragonite

My platinum team is:
    Torterra
    Houndoom
    Luxray
    Skarmory
    Glaceon
    Floatzel

My diamond team is
    Torterra
    Floatzel
    Staraptor
    Dialga/Arcanine
    Lucario
    Ampbipom

chozen, Sakuyamon and Leonhart like this.
  7. Nebbygetinthebag

Nebbygetinthebag Well-Known Member

I beat Pokemon Diamond and my team was Empoleon, Luxray, Roserade, Rampardos, Rapidash and Weavile.

Luxray was my favorite Pokemon in this play through, he was the last Pokemon i used during the champions battle and managed to defeat Cynthia's Milotic who was the last Pokemon she used.

In Pokemon HeartGold my team was Typhlosion, Ampharos, Crobat, Heracross, Espeon and Cloyster.

Sakuyamon and Leonhart like this.
  8. zolios

zolios Member

I posted about my Sinnoh team back in January but I forgot to share my Johto remakes team since that is also a part of Gen 4 so I guess I'll do it now.

I played Heart Gold and my team was:
    - Feraligatr
    - Fearow
    - Gengar
    - Heracross
    - Arcanine
    - Electrode

Now looking back at it this team was a very generic Johto team with just a bunch of very strong Pokemon with the only kinda unique choice being Electrode and thats why most of my memories from this playthrough are about this electric Pokeball.

I remeber that Electrode was very fun to use because of its speed and Charge Beam+Thunder combo but it was also useful for supporting the team by setting up Light Screens. Thunder would miss a lot but when it did hit it would very often leave the enemy Pokemon paralyzed so that kinda made it worth dealing with the misses. Also I remember that Electrode was probably my most useful Pokemon in the battle against Red because of its speed, Thunder paralysis and Light Screen support. Even though Electrode was the most memorable it was far from the strongest Pokemon in that playthrough as I remember sweeping through most trainers with Feraligatr, Gengar, Heracross and Arcanine. These four were very OP but Fearow and Electrode were strong too and they still had their moments where they were actually the ones that saved me from losing a battle despite being the two weakest Pokemon on the team.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  9. Haizumi

Haizumi Active Member

In Pokémon Diamond, I had a team which consisted of: Infernape, Luxray, Roserade, Gastrodon, Weavile and Drifblim.
    On Platinum: Empoleon, Leafeon, Togekiss, Glaceon, Mismagius and Garchomp.
    Lastly, in Heart Gold: Meganium, Poliwrath, Arcanine, Lickilicky, Mamoswine and Honchkrow.

Good memories?
    How I couldn't wait to try a few of the newly introduced evolutions... How I literally lost my way into the Giratina's Distortion World in Platinum... And how I was truly happy to see the regions of Kanto and Johto with such pretty looks and colours on Heart Gold.

10. Saberu

Saberu Well-Known Member

In Platinum, I've taken a long time thinking about my team. I ended up with Empoleon, Porygon-Z, Bronzong, Gabite (one level from evolving at the moment), Togekiss, and a Riolu I traded over because the one I hatched was calm nature.

Arceus finally blessed me with a Togepi that had both a good nature and serene grace. It held my exp. share until the level 40s because it just didn't have any good attacking moves.

Bronzong is also pretty hard to level. Its offensive stats are so low... I have mine holding a Zoom Lens because of how Hypnosis was nerfed in Platinum.

11. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

I always had the same basic team of Infernape,Staraptor,Floatzel,Luxray,Lucario,and Garchomp.I think most people used similar teams.Sometiems I would swap Infernaoe for Torterra and Luxray for Weavile though.